Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Spikey and Luckiest 1 are both junior members.
    Thanks, but I also fall over the 50 line so I guess I'll go with Semi-Senior (and my daughter will bust a gut when I tell her that)! Quite proud to be a Chiddy Biddy and no, I can't knit either!

Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    The Youtube video of Jason Brown's national freeskate has now had over 2 and a half million views. It is also full of comments- the bulk of which are in ecstatic support. So the band wagoners are definitely not just a few diehard fans!
    One thing I have learned in my 15 or so years on the internet, is to never, ever read the comments. I love Jason Brown and look forward to watching him evolve over the next few years! But he isn't a contender this year, I don't think. However, what great experience for him to get to go to Sochi. I had a chance to talk to him briefly at Skate America, and he really is a humble, down-to-earth kid.

vCash
    We could - if you want. But I question having degrees of seniority. The average 20 something person - such as Chiddy himself, cannot differentiate between 40 and 80, and I myself now find it difficult to tell 30 from 40 if I can't see the elbows. Now, would we let a man in if one could be found that wanted to join?

vCash
    So happy to be included as grandma Giddy Chiddy biddy to GD Baby Chiddy Biddy. She will be extremely flattered to be included, also. In the meantime, I really enjoy Jason's skating, but in my mind it will be a long time before anyone skates as brilliantly as Patrick.

vCash
    I think IIRC that Peter G is a fan of Patrick is he not. If so we could certainly have Giddy Chiddy Manbiddies

vCash
    I like Jason Brown but if the top guys skate great their won't be any backlash.If there is it'll have no credibility and who's to say Jason will skate flawlessly? He has a bright future but barring a stunning, epic disaster and shocking upset, the now is reserved for someone else.

vCash
    I like Jason Brown since his last Jr World or National. What he's doing is great but I agree with the others that if Patrick and the others skate to their potential, Jason would not be beating them yet. I certainly understand The Accordion's concern but we should not stress ourselves out too much about it, but I did see some ubers of Jason declaring he/she would scream or cry foul if Jason didn't win over Patrick

My wish for the Olympics podium would be Patrick for gold, then Jeremy Abbott and Jason Brown, they are my favourites.

vCash
    And mine is Patrick, Daisuke, Jeremy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna
    I myself now find it difficult to tell 30 from 40 if I can't see the elbows. Now, would we let a man in if one could be found that wanted to join?
    Giddy Chiddy Club is all inclusive. Club is colour, race, religion and gender blind.

I didn’t know we can tell our age by our elbows? I shall look out for elbows now.

Quote Originally Posted by girlcouse
    I think IIRC that Peter G is a fan of Patrick is he not. If so we could certainly have Giddy Chiddy Manbiddies
    I second. I want PeterG too in Giddy Chiddy Manbiddy Club. He always make me laugh and a joyous company. He brightens and lightens wherever he goes.. quite like Chiddy. Hey PeterG….. hear, hear…don’t you dare say no.

Quote Originally Posted by fscric
    but I did see some ubers of Jason declaring he/she would scream or cry foul if Jason didn't win over Patrick
    Oh, so I see that’s what Accordion was referring to (I didn’t quite get the fuss earlier). I did not read the viral thread nor watch the vid so I am not aware of what Jason’s fans are up to. Sounds like a bunch of mobsters or high school kids. I feel sorry for Jason. He’s a delightful skater and there is no need for his fans to behave atrociously as they are not doing this nice young lad a favour.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Well if you all remember at the last Olys some fans wished PC dead. Such classless and vicious fans are out there and should be ignored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    And mine is Patrick, Daisuke, Jeremy.
    And mine is Patrick, Dai, Hanyu

vCash
    Great to see that Chiddy biddies is to be inclusive. After all we need to be PC for PC. Spikey, elbows are most certainly infallible age indicators and no one bothers with botox or tucks for them, creams are ineffective. Long sleeves are the only defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I actually think he is giving too much weight to staying on his feet after all the criticisms. I think he has chosen to double a jump sometimes rather than fall. Just a theory. And just for the record I am not saying that Jason Brown IS going to beat the top men - I am saying the opposite - that he is NOT going to and the uninformed bandwagoners won't get why.
    This ^
    I too think he is doing that to his jumps.

vCash
    And mine is Patrick, Dai, Hanyu
    I'd like that too. But wouldn't be unhappy to see Jeremy finally pull it together and make the podium or how about Verner? Now that's a far fetched dream but I dream anyways.

vCash
    I am definitely a giddy chiddy biddy! Whenever I think about the Olympics and Patrick I get butterflies in my stomach. I just hope he wins and wins decisively. There are a number of other results I would love to see happen but I don't want to be greedy - this one gold medal would be marvellous.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'd like that too. But wouldn't be unhappy to see Jeremy finally pull it together and make the podium or how about Verner? Now that's a far fetched dream but I dream anyways.
    Okay, to be honest, I'd like Patrick for Gold, Dai for silver, and everybody else to tie for bronze. Jeremy is lovely, Tomas is a dear and has struggled so long -and there's something quite nice about most of them. .

vCash
    Agreed, pug lover. I don't really like T shirts, but I'm wondering about the possibility of buttons???? Of course, since we're not going to Sochi - most of us- we can't flash them. Is there anything we could do to herald our existence outside this forum, or should we? Although it would ne very Non PC, some folk might use us very negatively.

vCash
    I am a proud chiddy biddy, that also hopes Chan can win gold decisively!

vCash
    Agreed, pug lover. I don't really like T shirts, but I'm wondering about the possibility of buttons???? Of course, since we're not going to Sochi - most of us- we can't flash them. Is there anything we could do to herald our existence outside this forum, or should we? Although it would ne very Non PC, some folk might use us very negatively.
    I am in for anything. Let the Seniors decide. I found a FB for Patrick fans. Not very active but occassionally someone will make nice stuff and post it on the FB. All seems very nice people (including me).

Hard decision ..... as I have more than three I want to medal so I shall base my decisions on the fact that these three are unlikely to be around in 2018 Oly: Patrick (of course needless to say), Jeremy and Daisuke. Go go go guys.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Well if you all remember at the last Olys some fans wished PC dead. Such classless and vicious fans are out there and should be ignored.
    Some of these fans wished him to (in the literal sense) break his leg and some even offered to do it themselves. These actions are obviously very disgusting and I don't wish this on anyone. I don't see Jason Brown or Jeremy Abbott getting such threats/wishes.

vCash
    Oh, they would if they were world champs and not Americans. And that last bit is probably not fair, considering Nancy H. But really, why are we talking about idiots we should be ignoring?

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast