Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Spiky thanks for the postings. How the heck do you find all these things?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Patrick's exhibition was divine, no falls
    So excited to hear that, puglover. Looking forward to the TV broadcast of the gala on January 25th.

and he seemed so happy through the press conferences and the announcing of the Olympic team.
    Yes, he did seem to be in a great mood.

https://s3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/74f8f0c...d-df2c9f8dcf3c

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/f73fbc3...3-f1f83bb3eac5

Just in case there still are Chiddy fans who haven't seen the news conference with the announcing of the team members as well as the speeches of Scott and Patrick at the end and would like to, it can be watched here in awesome quality (click on the first video on the top row):

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/Default.a...section=Sports

vCash
    ^^ Thanks VarBar. Love the first pix and that SMILE.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    This is a really nice new costume for Chan's Steppin' Out number, much better than the tails he wore before.
    https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/a562f10...4-21e1b679e480
    I prefer this costume to the one with coat and tail too, Var Bar. The former looks cumbersome on him though it suits the music.

Quote Originally Posted by claire
    It just goes to show that superior coaching added to natural talent equals "Patrick"
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by puglover
    I know Patrick has talked about not loving the pressure of competing and that may factor in to when he decides to retire, but this weekend I felt he surely must have felt the love from the audience. Even after a not perfect long, he got a very enthusiastic standing O and he had a lot of positive focus on him going forward to the Olympics. Not too many things in life give you that kind of adulation - hopefully that helps balance out the criticisms. He is loved and admired by the Canadian skating community and fans and that was very evident over the weekend.
    I was not there but I observe that most Canadian audience are always supportive of their skaters and respectful of others, quite like the Japanese audience. I love this type of audience ….maybe because this is how I would behave too. And I am sure Patrick is aware of the love and support from Canadian audience. A big unstoppable smile on his face, waving and hearting the audience.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I wondered if the fact it was an NHL size rink and not Olympic that caused the problem with the second quad.
    I agree that he skates much more freely when he has bigger ice. Can you imagine what it must be like to be constantly worried you're going to run into the boards

Was it at the GPF a couple of years ago in Quebec City that he did just that? I think he'll be flying on the bigger Olympic ice next month

vCash
    Is anyone else watching the Tessa & Scott show on W? There is a lot of Patrick content.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Is anyone else watching the Tessa & Scott show on W? There is a lot of Patrick content.
    He was so cute yesterday that I had to go ooh and aah.....like a giddy granny.

vCash
    ^^ Is there a vid download on that episode?

After seeing this, I now desperately want to see the episode. I will forever be indebted to the kind soul who can direct me to the vid.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 01-17-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

After seeing this, I now desperately want to see the episode. I will forever be indebted to the kind soul who can direct me to the vid.
    That is one cute photo, thanks for sharing it. Looks so typical male.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Watch the V/M thread for episodes of that show.
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-18-2014 at 01:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    He was so cute yesterday that I had to go ooh and aah.....like a giddy granny.
    Maybe that's a good name for our little group - the giddy grannies. Or the giddy old biddies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Watch the V/M thread for episodes of that show.
    Thank you so much. I've downloaded it for later viewing.

vCash
    Who you calling a biddy? Hee. I finally watched the TSN coverage of the men's free skate from Ottawa last night. Patrick really fought through that program, didn't he? So awesome to see the determination on his face right before the triple axle. Cool feature on the Elvis/Kurt battle, 20 years on. I am really thinking that Patrick might want to stick around another year, to get that 4th World and 8th Canadian title, to tie Brian. I can dream, can't I?

vCash
    I'll really miss Patrick when he quits competition. I wonder how long it'll be before we have someone else of this calibre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Who you calling a biddy? Hee. I finally watched the TSN coverage of the men's free skate from Ottawa last night. Patrick really fought through that program, didn't he? So awesome to see the determination on his face right before the triple axle. Cool feature on the Elvis/Kurt battle, 20 years on. I am really thinking that Patrick might want to stick around another year, to get that 4th World and 8th Canadian title, to tie Brian. I can dream, can't I?
    Okay, so being so young, you can be the baby biddy. I got home to find my recorder had had a nervous breakdown and didn't record anything on Saturday. Extremely annoying, since I like to see the close ups and hear the commentary. Fortunately "unrecoverable write error" is a hyperbole, and I did get my precious previous recordings back.

vCash
    I'm definitely a "Chiddy Biddy" pushing 70, but my sweetee thinks I'm a cute "Chiddy Biddy" lol. If you look in the crowd at a skating event there are lots of ole biddies there, some even knitting. Are you a knitty Chiddy Biddy"? I'm not. I was watching the men skate and there was a lady (younger) learning to knit while the skating was going on. She kept making mistakes and I was going crazy trying not to tap her on the shoulder and tell her what she was doing wrong. It was very distracting Is anyone actually going to Sochi from this thread?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I'm definitely a "Chiddy Biddy" pushing 70, but my sweetee thinks I'm a cute "Chiddy Biddy" lol. If you look in the crowd at a skating event there are lots of ole biddies there, some even knitting. Are you a knitty Chiddy Biddy"? I'm not. I was watching the men skate and there was a lady (younger) learning to knit while the skating was going on. She kept making mistakes and I was going crazy trying not to tap her on the shoulder and tell her what she was doing wrong. It was very distracting Is anyone actually going to Sochi from this thread?
    I'm seventy one but can pass for 69 in the candle light. I can't knit, but it would be something to do with my hands when PChiddy scares the hell out of me. Not going to Sochi. Wish I were.

vCash
    I'm 70, don't knit, and definitelya Canadian skating cheer biddy

vCash
    sounds like The Chiddy Biddies should incorporate -as a not for profit of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Maybe that's a good name for our little group - the giddy grannies. Or the giddy old biddies.
    Not yet a granny so old biddy quite appropriate.....we will have to make spiky a junior member!

vCash
    Sakura is going to Sochi. She has tics for free skate and both ice dance comps.
    You had met her at Nats, Clarie.

I too cannot knit or sew...

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast