Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For anyone who is interested, Kurt and PJ's podcast after the GP is up on the CBC website.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Why would athletes train so hard every single day and put in so much blood, sweat, tears, and money into their sports if they didn't want to win? I don't see a thing wrong with Chan's words or attitude at the Grand Prix Final. You have to have the attitude of a champion and the will to win to succeed. Otherwise, what are they all doing this for?

vCash
    [QUOTE=VarBar;4077644]To me, the meaning of Patrick's words "Japan finally" after the free skate was "I finally skated well in Japan" because look what he says here:

“Part of me says it’s not a big deal, but also another part of me says there was a lot of good things I did here after a bad short program, pulling out a great long. That was regaining my composure and my concentration,” Patrick shared with press.
    “Honestly, I started thinking about my previous performances in Japan. I really don’t have the best track record here. Every time I come back to Japan, I relive those moments — they were really tough times.”

Oh, yes, I totally took it the same way, but I just get tired of people thinking he is so damn cocky and arrogant. Thought it was cute, he always makes fun of himself, I find people just take it the wrong way or media doesn't deliver it in the whole context. And no, I am not some pie-in-the-sky, head-in-the-clouds fan who sees no wrong in Patrick, I really don't think he is as a lot of his detractors say, that's all.
    He is honest and speaks from the heart, and rightfully so, but that, along with his joking, gets him into trouble with his haters if they don't know where it's coming from.

And also, if I may add, he is a 3 TIME WORLD CHAMPION for the love of god! Why can't he have bloody CONFIDENCE????? I don't get it, why do people think he has to be so gracious and completely humble all of the time??? He has earned the right to think he is one of the best in the world because HE IS!!! If Dai wanted to be less humble, I could deal with that, as he has earned it too. These men and boys are the best in their countries and the world, if they want to be more humble etc. that is totally fine, but nobody has to hate on the people who have the stuff to back up their feeling good about themselves.
    PC is in a different place now, he is mature and really looking at himself and how he deals with his career, I think it is amazing and I wish him all the best!!!

P.S. The all caps parts are not to meant to scream or yell at anyone in this thread, I am just frustrated by how people constantly want to punish him for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Why would athletes train so hard every single day and put in so much blood, sweat, tears, and money into their sports if they didn't want to win? I don't see a thing wrong with Chan's words or attitude at the Grand Prix Final. You have to have the attitude of a champion and the will to win to succeed. Otherwise, what are they all doing this for?

vCash
    Goodonya museksk8r, and SGrand.e

vCash
    ^^^
    Seconding this!

vCash
    I thought I've seen it all ... apparently Patrick's skating skills and transitions are worse than Fernandez and Hanyu, LOL.
    Last edited by fscric; 12-14-2013 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Chan was a surprise guest at my friend's kid's skating club in Toronto right after the GPF. She said he was soooo nice and talked with the kids and signed autographs for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    I thought I've seen it all ... apparently Patrick's skating skills and transitions are worse than Fernandez and Hanyu, LOL.
    Who said this? Cause that is ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Chan was a surprise guest at my friend's kid's skating club in Toronto right after the GPF. She said he was soooo nice and talked with the kids and signed autographs for a long time.
    That's great to hear.
    What an antidote to those who continually complain about his character and actions,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    LOL That's definitely as true as Patrick winning competitions with 4 or 5 falls. To clean skaters on top of it.

Don't feed the troll, fscric.

Just to brighten the thread a little.

Maclean's Magazine ‏@MacleansMag 12 Dec
    RT @JonGatehouse: Chris Wahl making photo magic with @Pchiddy for @MacleansMag Sochi preview

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbTJ64EIMAAr5mk.jpg:large

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    That's great to hear.
    What an antidote to those who continually complain about his character and actions,
    Trolls are trolls. Their job is to twist and turn every word into negavity or choose to hear only what they want to hear. Well, too bad. Skaters are not dummies. They have their own minds and should be allowed to speak their own minds. It's not that they(skaters) are going all way to whack and ruin another's reputation by telling lies.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    That's definitely as true as Patrick winning competitions with 4 or 5 falls. To clean skaters on top of it
    That's how trolls operate!

Thanks for the pix, VarBar. Not used to seeing Patrick topless!

Here's Granite Club putting up a banner on Patrick's achievements. Somethng's missing!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I heard on the radio that Holiday Dreams on Ice is to be broadcast - this week on CBC. Didnt catch the details.
    If it is last years then Patrick will be in it and there is the lovely program with the 4 world champions.

vCash
    Apparently it's tonight at 8:00 Eastern, and it's this years. At least that's what my PVR told me this morning.

vCash
    But Luckiest, they havent had this years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    But Luckiest, they havent had this years?
    My guide refers to Holiday Festival on Ice - and gives tonight's broadcast as its first, so not last year's, as that was on TV already. Kurt and the usual suspects performed a number of shows in Western Canada, without the Olympic competitors last month.

vCash
    Got it.
    Shall watch if I have a moment tonight.

vCash
    You can see it at 8 on the Atlantic CBC - 124 on Rogers, or 9 at Toronto CBC or later from the west. Probably will be on line too, at some point. The four champs number is on their website too - somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    You can see it at 8 on the Atlantic CBC - 124 on Rogers, or 9 at Toronto CBC or later from the west. Probably will be on line too, at some point. The four champs number is on their website too - somewhere.
    Thanks so much!

vCash
    Just want to wish everyone most enjoyable Winter Holidays with love and peace in your hearts and your homes.

And Merry X-mas from the boys.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbZVkN0CcAA65P5.jpg:large

http://instagram.com/p/iURGHBG8AB/#

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast