Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Man, if Chan continues in this direction, the doubters (including me) will have to eat a huge helping of crow. Chan, in the SP here, in the LP at Skate Canada, looks so comfortable and so relaxed. And I never gave Jeff Buttle enough credit for his choreography - the sequence from the steps before the triple lutz through to his footwork sequence is just exquisite. The use of pauses. The way Chan skids his blade sometimes. Just wonderful.

No one mentioned this, but this is Chan's personal best and a World record skate.

vCash
    So excited to see that Patrick had skated brilliantly and with a world record.

vCash
    WOW, WOW, WOW. Oh Patrick....what a great LP. Keep up the good work.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    That was incredible to watch. Congrats to Patrick!
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I was able to see patrick without getting the music.....
    It was an amazing performance.

Now I have to see him with the music.

vCash
    Just fantastic - way to go Patrick!!
    pug lover

vCash
    Hadn't expected a flawless LP skate from Patrick in the GP series. What a fantastic competitor he is when he sets his mind to it. I am speechless.

vCash
    WOW!! Congrats Patrick!

I thought after watching warmup and seeing him struggle with the 3A that maybe he would double it in the program (esp after landing both quads) but I'm glad he did it.

So SO happy for him. He is amazing on that big ice and he obviously loves skating in Paris.

vCash
    His program. (The proportions are bit out, but it gives you an idea).

Where did that come from?? He is a totally different skater than he was only three or four months ago at Thornhill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    His program. (The proportions are bit out, but it gives you an idea).

Where did that come from?? He is a totally different skater than he was only three or four months ago at Thornhill.
    I think he's just growing as a person and he's bringing that new maturity to the ice now. He's accomplished so much, it's hard to remember he's only 22.

vCash
    Just watched Patrick's SP and FS an I have no words. There are no words to describe that.I am almost emotional watching it. I had my doubts as well. I think we all did but he really seems to finally be in a good place, and that may sound funny since he's won 3 world titles but he just seems to be different.
    I know it couldn't have been easy for him either. The rough starts to the seasons he's had, the questions, the doubts and the 'firestorm' of hate after last years worlds, he could very easily have shutdown and let it affect him in a negative way but he's done the opposite. I know what kind of faith and determination you must have in yourself deep down inside to be able to do that. I am in awe. I don't care in you don't like him you can not be a fan of figure skating, watch those 2 programs and tell me he doesn't deserve it or you don't get it because it's just nonsense. My only wish is that he can go to Sochi and skate like that and show the world what truly great skating looks like. So happy and proud of Patrick Chan!

vCash
    Figure skating is not a pure art form. I believe, though, it can be transcended to art when it is done of superiority in terms of athleticism, technique and aesthetic. Such transcendence is extremely rare. I think it happened at TEB today.

Bravo, Patrick.

vCash
    I so agree with you sequins - it has felt to me that from the beginning when he first burst onto the senior ranks he was never seen as the young guy that the crowds pull for and forgive the errors. So much has been expected of him and I feel he has been so criticized just for skating his best. He doesn't give out the marks but he has certainly made the other competitors concentrate more on their basic skating and transitions to become competitive with him which is a huge positive for the sport. He has constantly been made to defend his marks and standings and then further attacked. After last year I would not have blamed him if he had just chucked it. He definitely is made out of strong stuff. I know he will be criticized - no matter what - so what!
    pug lover

having a nice day
    vCash
    Truly that FS at TEB was CHANTASTIC!!! Wow. And wow again!!! The standard for men was set in stone today! Whee!
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Got to give credit to Patrick...those 2 skates at TEB were beautiful and nearly perfect.

vCash
    I am tempted to start a new Patrick thread. A confessional for reformed Patrick haterzzz. Seems to me most are now converts and believers.

I am so impressed with Patricks mature outlook. He is the consummate athlete and artist, fully aware of what he is doing and what he is capable of achieving.

vCash
    Patrick was fantastic today!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    I am tempted to start a new Patrick thread. A confessional for reformed Patrick haterzzz. Seems to me most are now converts and believers.
    Really?! That's very nice to hear. If nothing else Patrick deserves respect and up until now they've shown him anything but.

vCash
    I hope so!
    Some of the "haters" have been really vile.

vCash
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee! I am in absolute awe of this guy. I hope that it is as it appears - that he has moved into a good place literally and figuratively and not that he has peaked too soon. But otherwise, what a great day to be a P Chiddy Uber!

Enjoy this season Patrick. You have worked extremely hard to not just rest on your laurels, to push yourself to improve all the time.

You have made choices that everyone questioned at best and scoffed at, ridiculed, named as absolute doom at worst. But you knew every step that you had to do what worked for you, for you to love your skating and do your best. People blamed you for marks over which you had no control, for ruining skating or making it a laughing stock, and sneered at you keeping programs for more than one season when it appears that is just what it takes to make the World's greatest programs.

But on the other hand there have always been those of us who are unbelievably grateful to witness your elegance, your athleticism, your thoroughness and details, your edges and bladework, your knees (!) and the whole - which is so much greater than the sum of those parts.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast