Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm not stressing this time.
    Me 2. I think the first competition ie. SC was 'unknown' after a tumultous season, so we as fans get the nervous vibes from Patrick. Now that we know he has settled down in Detroit, is happy with his environment and training, we fans feel more assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Corianna
    Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Yeeeeeeeeesssssss. Keep sending Patrick positive thoughts. Just thinking of his flashing smile af the end of the LP.

All the best to Patrick. Are you all watching live telecast? I have just subscribed to t.v. Teka. Unlikely to watch his SP as it's odd hour over my end. I think I can drag myself out of bed to watch the LP (all for Patrick's sake).
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Oh, I'll be watching and ommmmming .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    In case anyone missed this picture of moustaches, Patrick tweeted it on Monday and said he was going to shave prior to TEB:

http://t.co/KQIrdawVES

Ha ha, so cute. I can't wait for this weekend.
    Haha. When I first glanced at the photo I went: who is that striking lady on the right? And then I realized it was Balde... oops

vCash
    Here's "the minute with Patrick" interview with Terra Findlay, Skate Canada.
    Patrick says he will pick Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play him in a movie because he was told they look quite alike. Hmmm...not sure whether they do look alike?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Patrick says he will pick Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play him in a movie because he was told they look quite alike. Hmmm...not sure whether they do look alike?
    Good pick! Two years ago, I too picked Levitt.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3129790
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 11-15-2013 at 09:44 AM.

vCash
    Oh I totally agree Patrick. I saw him in 50/50 and I thought the same thing!

vCash
    98.52 WHOA!! WTG, Patrick

vCash
    Wheeeeee!!!!!

vCash
    Way to go.
    Some of us remember this program from worlds.
    I was spellbound then and cannot wait to see it on you tube.
    Lucky I have Internet today and tomorrow.

vCash
    The COC has posted a "30 Seconds to Greatness" video of Patrick... What's the secret to his success?

http://olympic.ca/2013/11/14/hey-pat...s-your-secret/

vCash
    Part of an Article from Icenetwork re: Kathy Johnson

Johnson, who has worked with such skaters as Matt Savoie and Jeremy Abbott, kindly explained the work she is doing with Chan.

Johnson: Indeed, I don't do what other coaches do. My background is in dancing, as I was trained at the Juilliard School. Patrick was looking for something different that would provide him with enhanced performance and even some additional technique. If you want to get something different, you have to do something different.

Skaters have a glide factor. Speed helps them correct their balance. A dancer has no glide factor and needs to learn quickly how to transfer his weight and find his center as he leaves for a jump. This is what skaters need to learn.

Many skaters take dance lessons, but they do not transfer their knowledge to the ice. Dance has far more than artistic to bring to skating. Dancing work is transforming, not just artistic. It certainly takes a leap of faith and bravery, but such a work has proven its definite value.

Patrick has two really important activities besides skating: He works on his strength through off-ice training and conditioning in gyms. Then, he works on his moves in a studio to work on balance, core, dance and the way to transfer to the ice.
    Last edited by Corianna; 11-15-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: delete

vCash
    Thanks Corianna & Minuet for the articles. I will reflect on that later.
    I managed to wake up in early morning, watch the last four men skate from my Surface tablet I left next to my bed then returned to sleep. Corianna, I was 'ohmmmming' throughout his skate.
    Very happy for Patrick. Tonight will be the fight.
    Off to do my chores and marketing for a party tonight. Will come back later to share our joys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Article from Icenetwork
    Link is: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...s-in-new-shoes

P.S. We're not supposed to copy and paste entire articles.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Link is: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...s-in-new-shoes

P.S. We're not supposed to copy and paste entire articles.
    Thanks Sylvia. I think Corianna is not aware of that. Corianna, I will 'snip and paste the instructions on what to do' via email to you later.

vCash
    Feel free to delete it, Sylvia. And spikey is right, I didn't realize.

vCash
    ^^^ I have no admin. powers here. I post article links and excerpts all the time at FSU and you can edit your post down to an excerpt or two of your choosing.

ETA relevant excerpt from J-C Berlot's Men's SP article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/11/15/63947818
    Chan skated a masterpiece to Rachmaninoff's piano music. He landed his quad-triple toe, triple Axel and triple Lutz with extraordinary amplitude. At the same time, his footwork was superlative, even more powerful than last season's.

He had said before the competition started, "I love my short program because there are not very many moves from my upper body. I do not have to throw my arms and hands here and there. I can concentrate on the subtlety of my feet and moves, especially during the slow movements.

"There are many silences in that program, too. Then you can really appreciate the skating and moving work in itself."

He credited his music for this.

"Rachmaninoff's music is so inspiring," Chan said. "There are not very many fast rhythms in there, yet there are many details into the music, which I like to emphasize. You need to remain concentrated all the time and think of what you are doing. This program has grown a lot since last year."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That was a great skate. His 4-3 was great and when he landed the 3A, I knew he was home free, you could just tell.

vCash
    Wow, what an amazing SP skate from Patrick earlier today, he looked so calm and in control all throughout the program like I had never seen him before so early in the season. The British Eurosport commentator even invited the judges to give Chan 100+ for such a mesmerizing performance. He would probably have cracked the 'magical' number with a higher quality 3A and a bit better executed spins and I also think there was a little more fire to his skating at Skate Canada than TEB. But hey, this is just nitpicking. lol Fantastic job, Patrick.

vCash
    Thrilled to read all this. Can't wait to see it.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Patrick was spectacular during the TEB SP! I love his music choice; it is simple elegance and really allows you to appreciate the art of his skating. When he is on and doing well, his skating has a very luxurious and immaculate quality. I am glad he is skating well this season. Keep up the great work, Mr. Chan!

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast