Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's wonderful to watch his skating on TV (as opposed to a blurry online feed), but to see him skate in person is a real eye opener of a treat ...truly amazing. It's the speed and the sound of his footwork that gets me.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I agree with everyone. Two gorgeous programs. The step sequence, speed unbelievable. The mens event was a disaster but Paddy made my night. I feel like it really might be different for him this year, I'm hoping. Even if you're not a fan I'm sorry but you have to appreciate those programs and the way he skates them or you just don't like skating. Don't tell me he doesn't feel and interpret every note of that music. Masterpieces skated by a master.

Jeff and Patrick love them both.

vCash
    I went on a youtube trip down memory lane and watched Patrick's 2008 Canadians skate, after watching that hilarious Jeff & Patrick interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d9LSJIzuQU

So interesting to watch this and then the 2013 skate back-to-back.

vCash

vCash
    Congratulations to Patrick on a very good (not great, yet) skate. That was so much better than Thornhill that it could be a different skater.

His footwork is almost beyond belief in terms of its difficulty. Particularly in the footwork sequences, the collaboration with David Wilson seems to be working extremely well.

vCash
    His ex really shows off the fine work he has done with David Wilson and Kathy Johnson.
    Loved it.

vCash
    I just watched the FD on TV. He skated really well - footwork as usual absolutely brilliant and he more than deserved to win this competition. Will all the pchiddy "haterz" please now leave him alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I just watched the FD on TV. He skated really well - footwork as usual absolutely brilliant and he more than deserved to win this competition. Will all the pchiddy "haterz" please now leave him alone.
    Hear,hear!

vCash
    You know that will never happen as some people get their jolly's and have made it a hobby to put Patrick (and other Canadian skaters) down. However, what they say or think won't make any difference to how he skates and scores
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So true, clarie.

vCash
    Can't wait for more details of the exhibition number (hint, hint)

vCash
    What details do you want?

The music is Stepping out with my baby ... I think its fred astaire and what can I say. Patrick is a true ice dancer. He moves like a dream, handsome, debonaire Patrick in coat and tails.....

The foot work is lovely . There is one section when he skates down the rink with a lovely warm smile. It makes one feel he is smiling just at you!

Certainly his best ex ever.
    Wilson had Yuna do the same song with patrick and Lambiel among others as supporting cast in one of her shows. But this one is all Patrick!

Maybe Coriana will add some more details? I am still in the post skate canada glow!

vCash
    I HEAR YOU luckiest1. I assume you mean the vid so here it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    I am still in the post skate canada glow!
    Me 2 eventhough I didn't attend the competition. Just feeling sooooo happy for Patrick that he's learning to handle the competition and his life by taking charge and be responsible. This 'kid' has grown.o
    luckiest1, I prefer his new Vivaldi to the old one. Patrick said he chose his favourite parts to be put together. Medal ceremony vid for those who didn't watch it.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I am so stoked to hear that he will most likely be at worlds and who knows he may decide to compete another year or two.
    Spiky you may get a chance to see him. Invite him on a skating trip to Oz. He says its the place he most wants to visit as he is a surfer.
    I am sure he loves Malaysian food too!

vCash
    Thank you so much for the videos! I CANNOT BELIEVE I didn't go to this competition. Is it January yet? LOL Ottawa here I come!

spiky, I think this new Vivaldi program may eclipse POTO for me (my old favourite).

And where did you hear that he will most likely be at Worlds, Emdee? That is great news!

vCash
    Luckiest I think it was in the interviews. He said he would like to consider worlds because of it being after the olys etc. I think he may well do it.
    I dont think too many have one 4 worlds in a row.... so he is probably thinking about the record.

He had also mentioned that he wants to be Canadian Champion 8 times or something like that and he would need to stay for a year or two to do that.

I hope he stays but will understand if he doesnt!

Both his new Vivaldi and his Ex eclipse his past programs. I had always loved his Tango short in the past but after seeing him do elegie at worlds it immediately ecclipsed it in my mind.

More than ever you realize that his skating is at another plane when he skates with others on the ice.
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Obviously I have missed watching some interviews! So happy to hear that there is hope that he will continue to skate beyond the Olympics.

vCash
    I´m happy with Patrick´s skate so far and I´m sure this is only the beginning and the program will be perfect by Sochi.

vCash
    The more I see Patricks Free the more I like it.
    He has given himself a little bit more set up for some of his jumps I noticed that he did it for the Quad Toe and must go and check on the other jumps. This is a good thing with the killer footwork and body movement on ( almost ice dance) on ice.

We have a long wait to Trophe Bompard and I will be in transit so looking forward to coming home and hearing all the scoop from anyone who goes to it and anyone who watches it.

vCash
    Today on George Strombo's program, he is doing a show on some Olympians. They will include Patrick and Tessa/Scott.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast