Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So who is coming to Skate Canada ( besides Corianna). We should get together one day for lunch... friday or saurday? Or coffee?

vCash
    Yes, I'm off to Detroit bright and early tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Happy that the press for Skate Canada has begun! So far, so good, Patrick.
    Third-ed. Enjoy Skate America luckiest1. It was unfortunate that Brian and Ten withdrew but there are still many great skaters in the list. Looks like many injuries going into the Olympic.
    Emdee, if you go to Skate Canada thread, there are a few posters who posted their seat numbers and their attendance.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Third-ed. Enjoy Skate America luckiest1. It was unfortunate that Brian and Ten withdrew but there are still many great skaters in the list. Looks like many injuries going into the Olympic.
    Emdee, if you go to Skate Canada thread, there are a few posters who posted their seat numbers and their attendance.
    I dont think I have access to the Skate Canada thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I dont think I have access to the Skate Canada thread...
    I'll write them down for us. Then all I have to do is remember to pack the notebook.

vCash
    Corianna,
    Maybe you can PM them and ask if they want to meet us. If they dont then whatever. We should fix a time and place with Ali_Dorate as well.

vCash
    It feels so wrong that I'm in Detroit but not at the same rink as Patrick. This was just tweeted by Akiko:
    http://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/stat...030080/photo/1

vCash
    Will do. I've pm Ali already - no response. I'll try email. I have her seat number from way back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Will do. I've pm Ali already - no response. I'll try email. I have her seat number from way back.
    Yeah, I just booked and paid for tickets for my family holiday to Japan in 2014 and I pm ali-dorate a week ago for some advice but no response. I think emailing is best.
    Sorry ladies, I decided not go for Canadian Nationals to watch Chiddy. Just too many things to consider for that trip. On a brighter note, if all goes well, I may be in Canada some time mid 2015 (yeah two years away ) . Planning Alaska cruise at that time with some N. American relies. Maybe we may meet up then or if you all ever come to the Sunshine State Down Under, let me know any time.

Hey luckiest1, don't feel bad. A different feel in Skate America. Are you going Canadian Nationals?

Emdee, I will get the information on Skate Canada attendees and seating to you by PM.

vCash
    Yes, we have tickets for Canadians. I am looking forward to it!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the Skate America forum in Kiss and Cry - includes an interview clip with Patrick:
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Elite figure skaters are training in Detroit
    As Tara Lipinski reports, skaters come from all over to train right here
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/e...z/-/index.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Just a quick French-speaking interview Patrick delivered to Radio Canada recently.

http://olympiques.radio-canada.ca/vi...rick-chan.html

Patrick first talks of how disappointed he was in his result at the Vacouver Olympics, so much so that he wanted to quit skating. Now he thinks he's got a better chance to hit the podium in Sochi because he has gained experience since 2010, there is more energy to his skating and more power to his jumps and he has constantly improved his gliding. It's an exciting thought for him that he might be able to win a medal Brian and Elvis failed to take in their respective eras but at the same time he feels the pressure of the high expectation Canada and himself have given his good results these past few years.

Until Sochi though, let's see what Patrick is up to this week.

Wishing everyone going to Skate Canada a great time there.

vCash
    I'm not expecting a whole lot this weekend from Patrick as he has a tendancy to build his programs much like V/M over the season. I'm hoping he has a showing that satisfies him though and is an indication of wonderful things to come.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks VarBar for the interview and translation. Can't wait to see Chiddy start the season this weekend. I notice there is less activity/news from him this season. No indication of Tu Ly's design or his exhibition piece. Maybe we will be seeing an old number instead?
    Yes Clarie. He never ever start perfect in the beginning. Certainly no point overdoing and risk injury before the most important event. Look at the ladies. Seem to be quite a number of injuries. I think he had been that path before the Vancouver Olympics.
    To those who are going, share your thoughts and excitement! Go Chiddy go!

vCash
    Can't believe Skate Canada is this weekend. Looking forward to Patrick's LP debut!

vCash
    Welcome to @yourSJAirport @Pchiddy!

http://s9.postimg.org/f0safzxv1/BXS1_Qy_Cc_AAuv1.jpg

I most likely will not be able to watch the men's free but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Patrick to skate well especially his long program which he called his worst enemy. lol

I just hope that him being motivated to train every day in his new environment will finally reflect in his skating.

vCash
    Patrick looks like he has really lost a lot of weight I hope he is well trained.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Patrick looks like he has really lost a lot of weight I hope he is well trained.
    Looks the same to me Emdee. Anyway, would prefer him to be 'lean and mean'.

Article by Tracy Wilson on Canadian skaters competing this weekend.
    -
    Here's Skata Canada's introductory vid for Chiddy. Patrick says he would like to visit Australia because he loves the beaches and surfing. Oh yeah, come to Queensland Patrick! We have the best beaches for surfing in Australia. We are called the Sunshine State for a reason. We are tropical, happy and relaxed .. like you Patrick. Come and give a talk to Australian skaters an-ind share your experience with them. I will volunteer at the seminar just to see you. Otherwise, come with SOI. I am sure exposure to woinderful skaters like you, Buttle, Kurt etc. will help raise the skating interest in Australia.

All the best this weekend, Patrick.

Emdee & Corianna, cheer on behalf of Spiky too. Cheer loudly.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 10-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Emdee and Corianna.......cheer loudly for me too. I wish I could have gone this year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I can't get the live stream practices working here at work. Please report in great detail because I'm in withdrawal! Should be men's soon, right?

ETA: Never mind, got it working on my iPhone (turned off Wifi connection) in time to see Patrick's SP run through. Looks to me like he doubled all jumps purposefully, perhaps he wasn't warmed up enough to do a complete run throughs with triples/quads? Anyways, so happy I got to see it, made me feel better about not being there (a bit).
    Last edited by luckiest1; 10-24-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast