Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Thanks VarBar. Couldn't hear what he was saying. He looks serious.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-06-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Not sure if having your girlfriends mother as your coach is what i would call preparation. It might have helped if she was an actual figure skating coach. I get the feeling Patrick is calling all the shots now since he probably got tired of Christine Krall pushing him which is what he still needs.
    Last edited by Jammers; 09-06-2013 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Thanks VarBar. Couldn't hear what he was saying. He looks serious.
    Not for long though, the big smile is back.

Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj 3h
    @pchiddy talking about his blades! #cbcskate

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/FDA3C...Vc4zzCUJVaf4X7

vCash
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat to see that smile!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Not for long though, the big smile is back.
    Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj 3h
    @pchiddy talking about his blades! #cbcskate

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/FDA3C...Vc4zzCUJVaf4X7
    Yes! That's our PChiddy with his signature smile. He does worry me when he looks serious.

Just another article I picked up on Patrick recently. (Note sure whether this was posted elsewhere.) At least Steve Buffery chose a nicer pix not one where the skater is jumping or spinning.

Corianna, I am with you in relation to his costume for Vivaldi. I hope Tu Ly will design something simple for his FS. There is no character involved in this program so maybe an all black or dark blue with minimum fuss will bring out his lines, speed and skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    He does worry me when he looks serious.
    If Patrick skates badly at the upcoming Skate Canada, we will worry for his chances in Sochi one more time and if he skates well, we will wonder if he hasn't peaked too early in the season and will worry he won't be able to repeat when it counts. Seems like supporting a skater is a lot about worrying.

Practicing the 4 salchow jump. Just for the fun of it, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XPHvWvalM

vCash
    If Patrick skates badly at the upcoming Skate Canada, we will worry for his chances in Sochi one more time and if he skates well, we will wonder if he hasn't peaked too early in the season and will worry he won't be able to repeat when it counts. Seems like supporting a skater is a lot about worrying.
    Haha pretty much.

I hope he skates well but not too well??? However, I do think that Patrick is the type of skater who does better when he's feeling confident and he has been skating well throughout the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating678 View Post
    I hope he skates well but not too well??? However, I do think that Patrick is the type of skater who does better when he's feeling confident ancerd he has been skating well throughout the season.
    Yes he certainly sounds well prepared this season and is confident of his own progress. I watched his new LP several times over and think that that it's almost there like he said. Of course, the jumps were not in place but like what VarBar predicted earlier, I too didn't expect him to put all his jumps in place at Thornhill.

Yes VarBar, I guess I am just a worrywart.

vCash
    That quad sal video says it's private. Is it new?

I don't expect perfection at Skate Canada. I hope he gets two solid skates under his belt, ones that he is happy with for this point in the season, so he can continue to build. Much less stress this year for me, watching it from home!

vCash
    That quad sal video says it's private. Is it new?
    I'm really sorry you couldn't see the jump, luckiest1. That video sure wasn't private and already had several hundreds of views when I found it and linked it here. Seems like they put the clip onto youtube just a few days ago but I have no idea when and where exactly Chan was taped landing a clean and fully rotated quadruple salchow jump. I've understood Patrick has been in Toronto lately. A couple of tweets reported him as attending the Toronto Film Festival and it looks like he worked with Jeffrey at a Toronto ice rink the other day.

Stephanie Jenzer ‏@StephJenzer 23h
    hottest day in weeks in toronto & I get to spend morning at the rink with @Pchiddy & @J_Butt 4 future Sochi doc #cbc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT0c8aBCMAAr-nk.jpg:large

vCash
    I'm really sorry you couldn't see the jump, luckiest1. That video sure wasn't private and already had several hundreds of views when I found it and linked it here. Seems like they put the clip onto youtube just a few days ago but I have no idea when and where exactly Chan was taped landing a clean and fully rotated quadruple salchow jump. I've understood Patrick has been in Toronto lately. A couple of tweets reported him as attending the Toronto Film Festival and it looks like he worked with Jeffrey at a Toronto ice rink the other day.

Stephanie Jenzer ‏@StephJenzer 23h
    hottest day in weeks in toronto & I get to spend morning at the rink with @Pchiddy & @J_Butt 4 future Sochi doc #cbc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT0c8aBCMAAr-nk.jpg:large
    I am looking forward to the Sochi documentary. I think they filmed V&M and other Canadian skaters too. I want to see them all.

Yes luckiest1. Sorry you missed that vid. It was a good jump IMO. When I watched it, I think there were were not many viewers because it was released only a couple of days ago. I don't think it was supposed to be released to the public! I think the jump was executed during the recent CSOI practice. The rink looked familiar. The Kerrs also released a vid showing Patrick doing a quad++ at the CSOI practice. Whether he will bring the quadS to competition, I assume, will depend how it can help him in the competition and the success rate of that jump. But I think he has improved his quad jumps looking at the ease he executed them lately. What do you think VarBar? I do not know how to count points. I just enjoy watching skating.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 09-11-2013 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    I think the jump was executed during the recent CSOI practice.
    I think your assumption is correct, spikydurian. Most likely Vancouver.

Whether he will bring the quadS to competition, I assume, will depend how it can help him in the competition and the success rate of that jump.
    A side view of Chan's quad sal would have probably helped us see how much ice he covered while being in the air, that is between the take-off spot and the landing spot. But he has made it quite clear that he will not add any new jumps to his programs this season, so I assume it doesn't really matter at this point how high and long his 4S is. lol

Nice shoes, Patrick.

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/s...allery_3_5.jpg

vCash
    Shiny ones. Who's the other cool dude?

Look at PChiddy the cutie patootie - twinkling eyes and big smile.

vCash
    He is a cool interviewer/host of a cool CBC talk/current affairs/arts show called Q for CBC television. The name is Jian Ghomeshi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    He is a cool interviewer/host of a cool CBC talk/current affairs/arts show called Q for CBC television. The name is Jian Ghomeshi.
    And he is hawt!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    What is Patrick doing in Canton? Looks like he did some skating at the rink too.

vCash
    I love Patrick's LP music. It is so well put together. Any idea who edited the music? Hugo Chounaird?

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast