Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's weird that they played the music out of order for the practices. Last night's men's practice was at 10 p.m. Patrick, Elladj, Liam & Andrei were all a couple of minutes late, causing us to start panicking LOL. Must have been something going on back stage. Patrick did run through his SP but it was rough, he didn't have a good practice. Falls on the axel and the quad, but then he successfully landed them later on. He just seemed frustrated and a bit out of sorts. There is another men's practice today prior to the short program, but it's during the ladie's SP so it's skated in another arena. Damn, I hate when they do that. I won't be able to attend.

Most of the guys signed autographs for the crowds after the practice last night, including Patrick. So nice to see. Hope some of you guys are coming to the dinner tonight at Bert's at 5 p.m.

vCash
    Did you manage to make a reservation, Lisa? I couldn't get an answer?

vCash
    Someone made a reservation for FSUers at 5:00, but now it's been changed from Bert's to Check Point at section 119.

vCash
    Wow, no posts? Not Patrick's best skate, but beautiful quad triple and choreography. Not sure what happened, but he'll put it together tomorrow, I'm sure. I'm thinking of heading to the other arena for the practice at 2:30 if anyone wants to join me.

vCash
    Yes very sad but lovely to see him again

vCash
    What happened? I just checked the score and he got +3GOE for his Quad/triple, his 3A turned into a 2A. Oh, what happened to the 3Lz which has turned into 2Lz? Was he in bad shape or what?

vCash
    I really want to see Patrick's SP video but I can't find it yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    What happened? I just checked the score and he got +3GOE for his Quad/triple, his 3A turned into a 2A. Oh, what happened to the 3Lz which has turned into 2Lz? Was he in bad shape or what?
    I haven't seen the vid. I heard he was having a bit of trouble landing his 3A in practices. Based on what I read in K&C, someone think he kind of 'tripped on something' hence he turned the 3Lz into 2Lz. I don't think he is in bad shape. Other than that, everything was quality I read.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    One can look at this in different ways. The first is from the perspective of consistency. Patrick has never been strongly consistent in the sense of a Yagudin or Stoijko, though his 4/3 is a pretty consistent jump. He has doubled the axel, lutz and other jumps in the past from time to time. He really hasn't had a lot of perfect programs, he was at his best at TEB this season. So less than perfect at the GFP and less than perfect at Nationals may mean his chances of skating perfect at the Olympics have increased - that he's 'due' for clean performances' - given that he delivers perfect sometime.

Hanyu delivered clean at GPF and Nationals, so maybe his chance of skating perfect at the Olympics have decreased, given that he is not strongly consistent either.

The other way of looking at this is that a strong nationals performances indicates a readiness for the Olympics. What Patrick got from the Canadian commentators was "He cannot do this again at Sochi'. Depending on how he does in his FS, the flaws in the SP and the FP - if there are any - will be mentioned during the Olympics. Less than perfect at Nationals will be seen as a sign that he vulnerable.

vCash
    It seems to me that Patrick tends to peak at National, so I'm hoping this year he's leaving the best for Sochi.

Can't find the clip on youtube yet, if anybody came across it, please post the link here, thanks.

vCash
    Luckies !, I would happily join you. I'm in 117, row d. Seat 13. I have your section but not your seat number. I'll come to the top of 112b and look for you after the Women's - toarrange a meet.

vCash
    Awesome Corianna, I am in row J seat 9. First row above the kiss and cry. See you soon.

vCash
    Patrick didn't blame his mistake on the Lutz on tripping on something, he just assumed he didn't have enough speed going into the jump. I for one am tempted to believe it's actually all in his head.

I really feel badly for him, he must be utterly disappointed in his skate and wondering what's going on, he put so much work in it in training and still failed to deliver a clean or near clean performance in competition. Very frustrating indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Patrick didn't blame his mistake on the Lutz on tripping on something, he just assumed he didn't have enough speed going into the jump. I for one am tempted to believe it's actually all in his head.

I really feel badly for him, he must be utterly disappointed in his skate and wondering what's going on, he put so much work in it in training and still failed to deliver a clean or near clean performance in competition. Very frustrating indeed.
    Relax, I am sure that he has moved on. He tends to peak at Nationals, so I think that last night skate was a good sign. Tracy Wilson said that he has been having difficulty skating in a North American size rink. That could have been part of the problem.

vCash
    As we all know barring an epic disaster Patrick is winning here so I don't think it's so bad. 2 double jumps, every thing else was fine. As everyone says he peaks at Nationals. He's usually amazing so it's a good reminder, a kick in the butt to keep going, keep working hard, you're not there yet. I'm sure he's disappointed but in the grand scheme of things, what does it really mean? It's not Sochi and that is where he wants perfection, not now. Nice every time, but not realistic. So here's hoping he has a great skate today and enjoys every moment, they don't come along everyday.

vCash
    Men's practice at alternate arena...Patrick looking very solid as he warms up each triple jump, prior to his run through.

Eta: quads also solid, partial run through with music, quad, 3 axel and other triples all there. Great practice session, so glad I went over.
    Last edited by luckiest1; 01-11-2014 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Any report on Patrick's performance? I just got the score from Skate Canada's tweet, did Patrick miss anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Any report on Patrick's performance? I just got the score from Skate Canada's tweet, did Patrick miss anything?
    Tripled his second quad. He also got negative GOE on the loop.

vCash
    Again not his best but darn good. Triple axel was awesome. After missing the second quad he just friggin' attacked it and it was a beauty! Quite shaky tonight but congrats anyways on #7 Paddy!

vCash
    Thank you. I hope Patrick is saving his best for Sochi.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast