Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thank you for the warm words, Emdee, fscric.
    Don't worry. I've got accustomed to see his underwhelming performances here in Japan Actually I have seen all his performances in Japan including NHK Trophy back in 2006. And he had never have a good result. He has been extremely weak and vulnerable here in Japan.

So today I don't expect much from him. I'll enjoy his beautiful program no matter what.

His morning practice.
    All jumps were solid except 4T. I felt he was tense before the entrance of 4T.
    Here are all the jumps he did during the practice.

2A, 3Lo, 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3Lz-1lo-3S, 3F-2T
    3Lz, 3lo, 3A, all solid and clean.
    3A bit shaky but ok.
    4T fall, 4T.
    Run through 4T so, 3A, 3Lz-lo-3S, 3lo, 2A

4T fall, 4T-3T clean and gorgeous!
    3T (intentional)

He drunk much water many times. And long talk with Kathy. I don't think he's in good shape.

I hope he finishes this last international competition before Sochi on a good note.

Relax, Patrick. As I said many times, there are lots of Patrick fans here and Japanese skating fans respect your gorgeous skating. Just show us who you are!
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 12-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    ^^ Thank you ali_dorate for the kind words and encouragement and your update. If Patrick does not retire after Sochi, you may still see him in Japan at 2014 Worlds.
    I don't expect perfection from him all the time (afterall which skater can be perfect all the time) so I am happy if he skates relatively well. Go Patrick!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Thanks Ali_dorate, we really appreciate the news. Patrick often misses the quad in practise. I think it's a competition of minds at this point, so let's hope he rises to the challenge. I'll be happy if he skates well enough to feel good about himself and that nothing shakes his confidence going forward.

vCash
    If Hanyu makes some mistakes in his LP, which he is prone to do, Patrick could possibly make up the difference in points, right? To be honest, I'd rather Patrick have a bad skate here than at Sochi. Hopefully this subpar outing will keep him motivated all the way until February.

vCash
    Finally Patrick gave us an amazing performance here in Japan though not perfect of course.

Again he struggled with 4T during the 6 minuets' warm-up. One fall and one popped. Couldn't have enough time to check 4T-3T.

He looked nervous anh I was so afraid of seeing his bad skate again. But I was wrong. He stood up and held on. I' m so proud of our Patrick.

If only he could manage 3F-3T instead of 3F-2T, he may have won free. But He looked really tired.

Thank you Patrick. Take a good rest and enjoy the rest of days in Fukuoka.
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 12-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    It's great to see that he can put down a great performance even in such difficult circumstances (12 points behind, not a great warmup, etc).

Still this result is going to make the Olympics very interesting. Especially with Yuzuru holding the WR in the short now. I would've loved to see Patrick win here, because I think he seems to skate better when he's feeling confident. Still the free skate has been amazing for him all season. So overall I'm happy for him

vCash
    ^^ Yes, I am happy that he is definitely consistent in his LP now which is always a problem. I am surprised that despite Hanyu"s fall he still beat Patrick in FS. Anyone care to explain? Is it due to the BV?

Ali dorate, always with kind words. Lucky Patrick! Patrick looked super tired .... as if he going to collapse in Kathy"s arms. Now Patrick can have more ramen!
    Last edited by spikydurian; 12-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    Very proud of Patrick that he could come back so strong in the long program after a bad SP, I think he has just passed a maturity test today. However, I couldn't help but notice that a clean skate is not enough for him to win the program anymore with Yuzuru making tremendous progress from one competition to the next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Finally Patrick gave us an amazing performance here in Japan though not perfect of course.

Again he struggled on 4T during the 6 minuets' warm-up. One fall and one popped. Couldn't have enough time to check 4T-3T.

He looked nervous anh I was so afraid of seeing his bad skate again. But I was wrong. He stood up and held on. I' m so proud of our Patrick.

If only he could manage 3F-3T instead of 3F-2T, he may have won free. But He looked really tired.

Thank you Patrick. Take a good rest and enjoy the rest of days in Fukuoka.
    All we can wish is that Patrick keeps up his consistency on the long and had a great short at the Olys.

Patrick can only control his own skate not other skaters.

He did look very tired today and yesterday.

vCash
    I have not yet seen the protocols, but I'm quite interested to know how Hanyu beat Patrick in the freeskate, too. All in all, though, it was a great skate and I was cheering from my living room in the dark at 6 a.m. I can't believe I'm going to see the next competition live (Canadians)!

vCash
    I can't help but think there's something fishy going on, and look where the competition was.......doesn't that say anything? It does to me.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    While I'm happy that Patrick recovered from yesterday so well, I can't help but disappointed by the result.

vCash
    Of course I too am disappointed , especially because he should have won the free. Hanyu's PCS were too inflated for his program/ability.
    Hanyu's skate was raw and explosive though so it did carry one along.

Likely they want to create a competition at the Olys.

On to the Canadians. Yeah. See you there Luckiest1.I have changed my hotel though so lets get together in between sometime.

vCash
    I admire Patrick for not bowing out of this competition and going and competing. I wondered if it would not be better for him to go right from his two perfect skates at TEB to Canadians and then the Olympics. Surely, he has some soreness that he could have used as an excuse. I think the worst thing for him would have been to have won with mistakes as that starts the whole Patrick attack and him endlessly trying to defend himself. I am looking forward to seeing him again at Canadians as well. Go Patrick!!
    pug lover

vCash
    I understand how you guys feel.
    But please remember. This is Japan.
    If Patrick can skate like this in his least luckiest county, imagine how he'll skate in his favorite countries including Russia.
    Patrick must have gained much confidence after this event.

Seeing his back at the victory ceremony, I was overwhelmed to think how much pressure he will have to come thorough on the road leading to Sochi. Maybe it's good for him to be a challenger position.

Anyway I want to celebrate his first happy ending in Japan. I'm delighted to inform you guys that he landed 3A with positive GOE for the first time in his competitions in Japan. Give him a high five!

I trust Canadian fans will give him the big boost he needs.

vCash
    Today Hanyu didn't receive flip e.

vCash
    Yuzuru's base value was 8 points higher than Patrick. I guess that is mostly because he does 2 3As and both were in combination and in the 2nd half. He also fell, so Patrick made up some ground with the GOE, but Yuzuru was still 5 points higher on the technical score. Cause for concern maybe.

vCash
    I guess this is one reason why Patick talks about putting in two triple axels....

vCash
    He has a quad salchow but we don't know how consistent it is. And someone did mention even with that in, it may raise his bv only by less than 0.5? Still think it is better to skate the best on every element. Que sera sera.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    He has a quad salchow but we don't know how consistent it is. And someone did mention even with that in, it may raise his bv only by less than 0.5? Still think it is better to skate the best on every element. Que sera sera.
    I think the quad salchow would actually raise his BV by around 7 points. I am sure Patrick will analyze the scores as soon as he gets back home and will make the decision he believes is the right one for him.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast