Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    re: the other skaters' reactions

I agree with Emdee - while Coughlin and Radford were obviously hugely impressed, I think Brezina's face was the most telling. Very much a "well, I'm going to lose, but I'm going to lose to that, so it's okay."

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    So what is your fave part of Patrick's LP this season? My fave part is right after the 2A near the end, the music changed and the foot work started, very fast, uplifting, great choreo matching the music, just awesome to watch. I hope more people will clap their hands at Olympic during that section.
    The moments between 0:01 and 4:35

Okay, fine.....

a) The choreo sequence. Everything. The entry is sublime (perfect match of blade and arm movement). The three hops he does back-to-back-to-back. The fact that he seems to burst into a smile every time he enters it. I'd actually like to see him extend the time between the end and the final spin actually - gives it more of an emotional punctuation mark and maybe more stroking will help him in the final spin.

b) Everything leading into the double axel.

c) The choreography between the lutz sequence and the solo lutz.

d) The first two jump passes work with the energy of the music.

vCash
    So what is your fave part of Patrick's LP this season? My fave part is right after the 2A near the end, the music changed and the foot work started, very fast, uplifting, great choreo matching the music, just awesome to watch. I hope more people will clap their hands at Olympic during that section.
    Ok so I will have to see it one more time....already seen it a score of times.

vCash
    That's my favourite too, love that part and he just glides and smiles, was so great to see!
    Also right after the 3A, to me that shows such stamina, I would be throwing up by now LOL.
    Love the music change after the last jump combo, you just know it's going to start building and his movement right before the 2A is cool going with the music.
    Then after the 2A, you see that smile I mentioned right before he opens his arms wide, Amazing!!!!
    Yup, then those heel clicks where again, I would throw up.
    So I guess I love it all, this music is beautiful and powerful and really suits him. Oh, and I can't forget the opening quads and the 3A.
    GO PATRICK!!!

vCash
    I love the choreo after the triple axel.
    I love it all too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    That's my favourite too, love that part and he just glides and smiles, was so great to see!
    Also right after the 3A, to me that shows such stamina
    Love the music change after the last jump combo, you just know it's going to start building and his movement right before the 2A is cool going with the music.
    Then after the 2A, you see that smile I mentioned right before he opens his arms wide, Amazing!!!!
    Yup, then those heel clicks where again,
    So I guess I love it all, this music is beautiful and powerful and really suits him. Oh, and I can't forget the opening quads and the 3A.!
    The 3A was so strong. And yes, love those heel clicks ... some call the movement brise? I too LOVE the last step sequence. I remember Patrick said in a previous interview that he wanted to concentrate on step sequence in the last part of the program. It looks so light and easy.

Here's Chiddy arriving in Fukuoka. All the best to Patrick. Good thing about competition in Japan is that I don't have to wake up at odd hours to watch the skate.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Smart of him to travel early to have plenty of time to time adjust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    The 3A was so strong. And yes, love those heel clicks ... some call the movement brise? I too LOVE the last step sequence. I remember Patrick said in a previous interview that he wanted to concentrate on step sequence in the last part of the program. It looks so light and easy.

Here's Chiddy arriving in Fukuoka. All the best to Patrick. Good thing about competition in Japan is that I don't have to wake up at odd hours to watch the skate.
    Lucky you Spiky. Here is it really early in the morning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    The 3A was so strong. And yes, love those heel clicks ... some call the movement brise?
    I thought they were maybe more like a cabriole?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Qr8_8Ytc

vCash
    Whatever that's called, I love that segment. I also like the steps at 4:50-4:55. Even the lady commentator liked it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmazFXN8DWI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I thought they were maybe more like a cabriole?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Qr8_8Ytc
    That looks more like it. Backwards cabriole?

vCash
    Patrick's Mission Gold - frank with a winning mindset all tuned up.

Quotes from Patrick: It is hard for my parents to let go. A leap of faith to make changes a year before Sochi, and I owe a lot my success to Kathy Johnson. Indeed Patrick. For all the criticisms directed at Kathy, she supported your move to Detroit. It would have taken some sacrifices from her end. You can do. Sochi is closure time. I believe in you. <3
    Last edited by spikydurian; 12-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Hi all!
    I arrived the arena during the performance of Han Yan.

Didn't see 6 minutes warm-up. So I can't tell his condition tonight. But he was a bit tentative before entering 4T.

Actually I don't expect best performance from him here in Japan. It's good to have a bad day now if he has to have one.

I'm happy I can finally see him this season. I had been worried because I had to cancel some of my tickets i bought this season due to my works and private matters.

I'm afraid this maybe the last competition we can see Patrick in Japan. So I want him enjoy the stay regardless of the result. I'm glad that Japanese fans highly appreciate Patrick's skating.

vCash
    Well... Yuzuru has a 12 point lead and somehow scored 99. Not impossible to makeup but it's going to be hard for Patrick to win here.
    Weird that he made the mistake on the lutz.

I'm hoping that he can have a really strong free skate, because this is not the feeling he wants to have from his last international competition before Sochi..

vCash
    Thanks ali dorate for the update. I am disappointed with his skate and I don't expect him to break records all the time. He did play down expectations in the interview before GPF.

Yes, skating678, 12 points may be hard to overcome unless he has a great skate like he did in TEB. I think he was distracted by the skycam. Unfortunately, he will have to refocus tomorrow with the skycam hovering around him.

It's alright. I am prepared for silver though gold would be best.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 12-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Wow! The difference in points between Patrick and Hanyu! Japan does seem to not favour Patrick, but I'm more sorry that ali_dorate didn't get the chance to see a perfect Patrick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Wow! The difference in points between Patrick and Hanyu! Japan does seem to not favour Patrick, but I'm more sorry that ali_dorate didn't get the chance to see a perfect Patrick.
    Me too.
    But she was at London last year so was able to see a perfect short.

Hope she sees the perfect long tomorrow.

vCash
    Not sure Patrick will be in the right mental state tomorrow for a free skate like the one he did in Paris after such a poor (for his standards) SP skate. The axel and the lutz were so bad, he may have socked even himself.

vCash
    The travelling really does seem to affect his performance. I did wonder why Skate Canada didn't find a way to let him withdraw from the GP. It's not like others haven't done it. He said the Japanese would have the advantage, so I suspect he has prepared himself for a loss. Let's hope he's over his jet lag tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    The travelling really does seem to affect his performance. I did wonder why Skate Canada didn't find a way to let him withdraw from the GP. It's not like others haven't done it. He said the Japanese would have the advantage, so I suspect he has prepared himself for a loss. Let's hope he's over his jet lag tomorrow.
    He did win the GPF in China in the 10/11 season, fwiw.

vCash
    I'm disappointed for Patrick but I feel it may be a necessary wake up call. I read his comment something like Paris was so perfect and that is hard to ever duplicate. Which is what I feared. Too much, too soon, too early in the season. How do you top it? So in that sense I'm kinda glad he has something to improve on, he has to refocus, he can't rest on his laurels and even if he's perfect Hanyu can still challenge him. I can only hope this will be a positive and necessary step towards the Olympic gold.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast