Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Corianna just sent me an email that Patrick will be at Thornhill this coming weekend. Unfortunately I will be out of town.
    I'm not sure he will actually be there. Generally for sectionals (esp. in COS), every skater in the section is automatically registered but those with byes don't generally attend?
    I could be totally wrong of course. You might not be missing him skate though!

vCash
    I can't imagine Patrick would skate at COS this weekend. Unless he is in the Toronto area and wants to have another shot at getting his programs in front of judges before he heads to France?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I'm not sure he will actually be there. Generally for sectionals (esp. in COS), every skater in the section is automatically registered but those with byes don't generally attend?
    I could be totally wrong of course. You might not be missing him skate though!
    What you say sounds correct. Are you going as the photographer?

I will be away on holiday so wont be able to attend in any event.

vCash
    If I knew for certain he would be there, I'd go in a heartbeat. But I really don't want to make the trip if he's not.

vCash
    Yeah, Luckiest 1, me too. But the hour is daunting in terms of travel. And it's only a week to EB, so why he would allow a disruption is a mystery unless he has, as Emdee suggested, other reasons for being in To. The event will be live streamed, and struggling to the computer is a lot easier than struggling to Thornhill, and nothing lost if he doesn't show. Some retailer is advertising a give away to see him live though on twitter. Plus I'll also be watching the NHK on computer. But I've already seen the programs live at Skate Canada. Also there is the dreaded netting at Thornhill....

vCash
    If a retailer is offering deals then I am sure he will be there. Maybe its a chance for his Chinese clientele to see him and not too far from his home.

vCash
    and wants to have another shot at getting his programs in front of judges before he heads to France?
    I honestly don't see any reason why Patrick would want to do that. He already showed his Four Seasons to an international panel of judges at Skate Canada and I think he can be happy with the marks he got for what he put on the ice in Saint John.

8.15 and 8.35 really are odd hours. I have a lot of trouble to believe that Patrick would be skating his short program as of 8.15 and then taking the ice again just fifteen minutes later for the long program. Unless someone would want to have him take a test of endurance and he can't say no. lol Or is it different days? Or maybe he will be in Thornhill but signing autographs, not skating. Although I have to wonder what the attendance would be so early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Very lovely. Worth a listen. It's on You Tube..
    I listened and totally agree with you.
    Last edited by VarBar; 11-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    Different days. Saturday and Sunday. the schedule is on the Central Ontario Sectionals at the Skate Canada site.

vCash
    Sorry, I missed the heading "practice. " I just checked and the competition is 8. something PM Saturday, and 12.15 PM Sunday. That makes the trip out a little bit more do=able - if there is any chance he might actually show, though I agree with VarBar that it makes little sense. Nam, Andrew and other usual suspects are also on deck.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Corianna

Very lovely. Worth a listen. It's on You Tube..
    Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiaOLIDS484
    Mr. Colson would be proud.
    I can only imagine what this program will look like in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Or maybe he will be in Thornhill but signing autographs, not skating. Although I have to wonder what the attendance would be so early in the morning.
    I guess it's a promotional appearance rather than skating? Makes sense since he's a local boy. I heard Detroit is relatively near to Toronto so driving home over the weekend seem doable if the promotion is important enough. Or he may be spending the last week training in Toronto and fine tuning his choreography with Wilson? Ok, ok.. I am just guessing. Will see come this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindream
    Mr. Colson would be proud.
    I can only imagine what this program will look like in Sochi.
    I think so too. Mr Colson wouldn't have regretted taking Patrick as his last student. I remember in one of his final interview with Kurt Browning, he emphasized the importance of 'nurturing the embryo'. Here's young Patrick with Mr Colson. And Kurt had a lot more hair then. Orser looked slimmer and of course, younger.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 11-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I have had a response from the retailer on Facebook that said "that's the word on the ice!" (that he will skate). I still wonder, though, if they are just using the fact that his name appears on the roster to try and bolster their competition. I pulled up the skate order and his name does not appear on it (7 rather than 8 skaters listed). I also tweeted PJ Kwong and she said she had sent a tweet to try and find out if he was really going to appear. So hopefully we will know prior to Saturday. It's a good 2.5 hour drive for me each way, but I'll do it if he's definitely going to be there.

vCash
    ^^ London is only 2.5 hours from Toronto? Not very far but I assume you will stay overnight at your mum's house in Thornhill? (I remember your mum's from Thornhill/Toronto right?). That's nice of PJ to find out. Hmmm.... 'that's the word on the ice' doesn't sound very reassuring.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Spiky,
    Detroit is about 5 hours.
    But he will probably leave for Paris early next week out of Toronto so makes sense for him to come in a day or two earlier and see his parents/Wilson/do promotions etc.

vCash
    True, emdee, but either the start order will be updated to include him in advance of the event- or it won't. I feel guilty for starting this now, but I got excited when I saw PJ's retweet of the ad. I hope she can find out for sure.

vCash
    Corianna,
    Dont feel guilty.... we need something to discuss in our down time between competitions.....

The women of the VM thread have endless things to say ( all good no doubt) -- here, we just live for watching him skate, re-looking at his programs or discussing his appearances.

vCash
    And this group is so much less bitchy than the others. For instance, no one has suggested that the other skaters in SC might consider getting a dance coach. I like seeing the good relationship between Kathy and Patrick together, and she has helped his performance. Maybe it's time we started defending her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    And this group is so much less bitchy than the others. For instance, no one has suggested that the other skaters in SC might consider getting a dance coach. I like seeing the good relationship between Kathy and Patrick together, and she has helped his performance. Maybe it's time we started defending her.
    Now that is a good topic of discussion.
    I am coming round to this point of view after seeing the tremendous improvement in him. I do hope and pray that he has a jumps coach as well to give him some confidence in his 3A as well.
    Even now LT is gone from GS ( privately know as Lets Bitch) there are others who wield the knife and give it a twist constantly!

vCash
    I love V/M but I am just not uber enough to follow that thread, I guess. I am not really all that into ice dancing, I just know what I like and V/M are exquisite. I've been watching them since they were youngsters here in London, as guest skaters etc.

Corianna, I am glad you started us talking about Thornhill because I would have been heartbroken if Patrick were to skate and I didn't know about it. My opportunities to see him skate live are dwindling rapidly.....all I have left is Ottawa in January...I so wish I had been able to go to Skate Canada. My hopes are up about post-Olympics seasons now, after the mentions of interviews where he said he was considering sticking around for more Canadian/World titles. Does anyone have links to those interviews, BTW?

ali-dorate, my mom lives in a suburb of Toronto, and Thornhill is not too far north of there. So yes I would stay at her house overnight if I were to make the drive in. I am also only about 2 hours from Windsor/Detroit, so I am pretty conveniently located.

ETA: New article on Elladj Balde that has Patrick mentions and quotes.
    Last edited by luckiest1; 11-06-2013 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    ali-dorate, my mom lives in a suburb of Toronto, and Thornhill is not too far north of there. So yes I would stay at her house overnight if I were to make the drive in. I am also only about 2 hours from Windsor/Detroit, so I am pretty conveniently located.
    It was our Ozzie friend Spiky who said this!

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast