Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was this just a rebroadcast of one of Patrick's old interviews on Strombo?

vCash
    Pretty sure it was just the brief clip I saw. George mentioned it being 100 days to Sochi and asking what Olympians will take in their suitcases and showed a minute or so clip of various athletes saying, obviously scripted stuff. Patrick said he'd bring vases cause skaters get lots of flowers and then said seriously, tone it down with the flowers and they showed (i think last years Worlds) massive bouquets. That was about it.

vCash
    It's posted on the Virtue Moir thread.

vCash
    What I liked the most about Patrick at this year's Skate Canada is that he never let he mistakes he made on the jumps affect his commitment to the choreo, he was on fire in both programs. Way to go, Patrick!

Now my very humble advice to him is that he should practice the 3A over and over until he feels he can do this jump in his sleep. The 3A in the long programs seems to be his only real weakness.

What happened to British Eurosport? I honestly don't remember ever having heard them commentate on Patrick's skating as ecstatically as they did at SC. lol

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/664a8b36...e-1b9026cbd325

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/51e95dc6...c-5a9b60489573

http://d4.yimg.com/sr/img/1/84023e47...6-3c54c38ed045

http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/602f8f8b...e-20bab4f8b8d2

http://d4.yimg.com/sr/img/1/93b09a66...5-dad0da78f183

vCash
    Great pictures! Thanks. Re. British Eurosport - yeah, they waxed ecstatic over the short at last season's worlds. Did you hear Johnny Weir?

vCash
    Love the pictures! #3 is my new background.

Here is the Strombo suitcase bit.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/video/...-suitcase.html

vCash
    Thanks luckiest1 for the link to the Strombo suitcase bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    The footwork sequence was beyond amazing. He was very tired, popped a jump and reduced some jump rotations. I think he has decided that its better not to fall. I prefer when he goes for broke .....
    I understand what you mean by ‘go for broke’, Emdee. The current rules give more points to a fully rotated jump with fall than a popped jump. It doesn’t make sense to give away points if one can give it a total go and gain some points from the jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Now my very humble advice to him is that he should practice the 3A over and over until he feels he can do this jump in his sleep. The 3A in the long programs seems to be his only real weakness.
    VarBar, ProfDeb gave Patrick the same advice. I am sure he is aware of his nemesis. By the way, we got our wish, VarBar. We talked about hoping that Patrick will come up with an LP different to his SP, and we have got the best of Four Seasons. I love the part where he skated backwards with a hop and clicking his feet. Is there a name for it?

This is what I look forward to every time Patrick skates. A big happy smile on his face after the program. Makes my day!

Not sure whether this article has been posted. PJ Kwong's interview with Kathy, Slipchuck and Patrick regarding his Olympic lesson and training.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 11-03-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    My pics from Patrick's FP and the medal ceremony at Skate Canada: http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/p56733276 He is growing up to be such an attractive man.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    That will only work if he's practicing it correctly. From what I saw in practice at Skate Canada, his success rate with the 3A is maybe 30%. And sadly, I did not see any evidence to suggest that Kathy Johnson knows how to fix it. I almost fell out of my seat when he landed a very good one in his SP. Let's just hope that his shot at Oly gold doesn't come down to this one jump.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Can't he just go have a visit with Artunian or some axel doctor?

vCash
    Didn't Browning try to help him with it a few years ago? I know it was pointed out on the CBC commentary that Chan needed to fix the technique on his axel or it would never be consistent. I'm sure he's tried with all his coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Didn't Browning try to help him with it a few years ago? I know it was pointed out on the CBC commentary that Chan needed to fix the technique on his axel or it would never be consistent. I'm sure he's tried with all his coaches.
    He seemed to remedy it, or at least improve on it when he was with Krall but now he's just back where he started. It's frustrating to see. I'm sure he knows he has to get it but how?

vCash
    Finally had time to watch Patrick's new exhibition. I think the program would need a little more acting and smiling from him in some parts of it but there's a lot of brilliant moments in the choreo and Patrick really moves like a dancer. And while he goes for just a couple of jumps and not some of the most difficult ones, I feel he would beat many on the PC mark with all those transitions that he has as well as the quality and complexity of his blade work if he were to present Stepping Out in competition. He was flying out there. To skate such a sophisticated number the way he did at the age of 22...my hat is off to Patrick and his team. Awesome.

Did you hear Johnny Weir?
    No, Corianna, I don't think I did. But I suspect Johnny had only nice things to say of Patrick's skating this time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I love the part where he skated backwards with a hop and clicking his feet. Is there a name for it?
    This is my favourite part! I don't know what it's called either, but to me it's just pure joy on ice.

Love the pictures shutterbug. I also almost fell off the couch when he landed the triple axle in the short. I think I was screaming "thank God" LOL. Or maybe "holy shit".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Finally had time to watch Patrick's new exhibition. I think the program would need a little more acting and smiling from him in some parts of it but there's a lot of brilliant moments in the choreo and Patrick really moves like a dancer. And while he goes for just a couple of jumps and not some of the most difficult ones, I feel he would beat many on the PC mark with all those transitions that he has as well as the quality and complexity of his blade work if he were to present Stepping Out in competition. He was flying out there. To skate such a sophisticated number the way he did at the age of 22...my hat is off to Patrick and his team. Awesome.

No, Corianna, I don't think I did. But I suspect Johnny had only nice things to say of Patrick's skating this time around.
    Very lovely. Worth a listen. It's on You Tube..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    This is my favourite part! I don't know what it's called either, but to me it's just pure joy on ice.

Love the pictures shutterbug. I also almost fell off the couch when he landed the triple axle in the short. I think I was screaming "thank God" LOL. Or maybe "holy shit".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2Qr8_8Ytc
    It looks like a cabriole I think!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Very lovely. Worth a listen. It's on You Tube..
    Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiaOLIDS484

vCash
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/vote-no...the-year-2013/

I just voted on this poll. As a curler and curling fan, as well as a figure skating fan, it was a toss up between Patrick and Rachel Homan. I chose Patrick. Rachel has many years to go, but this one is probably Patrick's last.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Patrick is listed to skate at COS in Thornhill this weekend. At 8.15 and 8.35 AM.

vCash
    Corianna just sent me an email that Patrick will be at Thornhill this coming weekend. Unfortunately I will be out of town.

vCash
    I really enjoyed watching that video again and can I just say that I would LURVE to have Mr. Weir do commentary for figure skating on NBC for the men all the time (and dare I suggest perhaps all disciplines?).
    Crazy about sports!

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast