Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter, it's CBC's official Sochi 2014 athlete profile for Patrick:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/watch/?id=2399009744

I love it.
    I love it too, luckiest1. Somehow seeing Partrick and Mr Colson together warms my heart. They looked more like grandpa and kid then coach and student together. I am sure Patrick wishes Mr Colson was around to see the fruits of his labour. The Chan family holds Mr Colson in very high regard because at every interview where the family spoke, they would speak in awe of him. I remember reading on another thread an interview conducted in Russia after the 2011 World. In that interview, Patrick said that he visited Mr Colson's grave on his way to Russia before the Worlds competition. He 'talked to him like the way he always did'. [I teared a wee bit reading that ]

Certainly, the thought that Mr Colson believed in him, would have been an added impetus to continue after Vancouver when he did consider quitting. I would think it is not an easy decision. Four years of family support and hard work just for the medals. Patrick, you know Mr Colson would be proud of you. I hope Patrick will pass on his skating skills and knowledge to the younger generation just like Mr Colson passed on his skills to little Patrick then.

Thanks Proustable for reminding us of Patrick's wonderful programs. I have been watching them over and over again. My next hobby project will be to put together my favourite skaters' programs in individual disks (thanks to you-tube). Sometimes, I feel sad knowing that the likelihood that he will retire from competition after Sochi is high. I only started following Patrick in 2010 after discovering him on you-tube (figure skating seems non-existent in Australia). I do feel like that I have watched him grow from a kid to a young man with a lovely girlfriend. Every skater brings with them something special. Patrick brought with him his incredible skating skills, his gorgeous smile and his open, affable personality. He may not be a sexy pin-up boy, but he is, IMO, a mother's dream for her daughter.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I keep coming back here to see if we have any word on programs yet.....am I going to have to find out for myself in Thornhill? Slow day at work today, think I'll click on that youtube link (bad, bad employee) and go down memory lane.....

ETA: Omg! I love that performance. I still have that whole men's long program on my PVR 2 1/2 years later. What a great night, too bad I wasn't there.
    Last edited by luckiest1; 08-06-2013 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Found this old vid of Patrick. It was made a long a time ago before he went to his first World competition. He's so cute.

vCash
    Hey folks, thanks for all those delightful vids.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d9LSJIzuQU
    Nationals 2008 Free Program

He says when he gets off the ice that BC is great! I guess so - this 2008 program and then the 2011 program at Nationals in BC! I am so grateful to have been there both times!

vCash
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a friend just alerted me to the fact that the Thornhill skate orders are now up, and Patrick's name does not appear.
    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...2013/index.htm

vCash
    Patrick may only be skating in the FS, which may be why he's not listed in the SP starting order.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    You mean there's still hope? I'll hold onto that for now, then. Although, for the short & free dances (senior), they list them out separately because the free has one extra team.

vCash
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a friend just alerted me to the fact that the Thornhill skate orders are now up, and Patrick's name does not appear.
    I've just clicked on the link and his name is on there senior men - third name down.

vCash
    I guess he isnt skating... damn. I was so looking forward to getting a peek at him.
    Maybe he is going to Finlandia like VM?

vCash
    You mean there's still hope?
    Yes, because he's still listed when you click on the Entries link.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Since Patrick doesn't have a new short program for the Olympic season he'd be interested to get feedback from the judges for before the Grand Prix Series, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to skate just his long program at Thornhill if the rules of the competition permit. I wouldn't even expect him to attempt quadruple jumps if he goes.

vCash
    Noooo... I am looking forward to his new LP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d9LSJIzuQU
    Nationals 2008 Free Program
    Love this vid too. He was soo happy that he nearly fall over when he skated right into the barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Since Patrick doesn't have a new short program for the Olympic season he'd be interested to get feedback from the judges for before the Grand Prix Series, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to skate just his long program at Thornhill if the rules of the competition permit. I wouldn't even expect him to attempt quadruple jumps if he goes.
    I agree VarBar.

vCash
    Yes, he is still in the entries list, just not showing on the skate order. Regardless, I will still be there, so if he shows up I will be over the moon!

vCash
    My understanding is Patrick plans to skate his free at Thornhill.

vCash
    Thank you so much nylynnr.... I have declined other invites to see our favourite skater so was really disappointed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    My understanding is Patrick plans to skate his free at Thornhill.
    That would make sense. Not a far trip from his training base in Detroit, and sufficient event quality to warrant Canadian "monitoring" types to show up and keep tabs, as they are "supposed" to do regardless of the skater.

vCash
    This seems promising.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx

ETA: Skate Canada just replied to me on Facebook and confirmed that yes, Patrick will skate his long program. Wheeeeeee!
    Last edited by luckiest1; 08-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Wonderful. See you all there. And we'll write, Spikey.

vCash
    Skate Canada COS is getting into it! Check this out (just tweeted):

http://www.skatecanada-centralontario.com/

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast