Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Corianna,
    Where I grew up honour always had the U.
    I got caught on a phone yesterday with an email address that said center. For me its always centre!
    Last edited by Emdee; 07-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Somewhere where honour is minus the U, but these days, that could even be in Canada. Oh, aren't I a curmudgeon!
    Corianna, I was wondering what you were referring to until I maximised Chiddy's picture. I used to work in an American company for many years and had to learn to spell the American spelling. Now I am back where I started in school.

I had a dream last night. I dreamt that Chiddy's Ex is created by Buttle! Let's see how prophetic my dream is. ....What do you all think?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Patrick is listed on the final roster for Thornhill Summer Skate, August 16/17th:

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...er%20Skate.pdf

I'm trying not to get too excited in case he doesn't show....nah, who am I kidding, I'm freaking out! LOL

vCash
    I am so freaking out!!!!!!!!!
    It is down the road from where I live - I hope its in the evening of the 16th... 17th I shall designate Patrick day!

vCash
    Schedule is not up yet, but generally the senior men's free is later, not sure when the short will be. It's quite an impressive line up this year, even without Patrick. And what a bang for your buck at $6 a day or whatever it is!

spikydurian, I think that already happened.

vCash
    The only thing for anyone who is going is carry a huge blankie. I went last year for the Scarborough figure skating event to see Poirier and Piper and it was so cold. This year I shall carry hot water bottle blankie et al.

T&S skated in Thornhill in their last oly season and I was hoping they would repeat but no such luck.

I hope Danielle Earl will be there as she gets some great pics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I am so freaking out!!!!!!!!!
    It is down the road from where I live - I hope its in the evening of the 16th... 17th I shall designate Patrick day!
    The only thing for anyone who is going is carry a huge blankie. I went last year for the Scarborough figure skating event to see Poirier and Piper and it was so cold. This year I shall carry hot water bottle blankie et al.
    Wow.. there are quite a handful of good skaters in the list too, and some very promising young ones. I am jealous Emdee. Don't forget your uggies to keep your feet and toes warm!

Emdee, I recently read an OLD article on Chiddy. Is he from York Mills? That's quite near to Thornhill? (Ahha... I am learning a bit of Canada's geography because of Chiddy).

Quote Originally Posted by luckiest
    spikydurian, I think that already happened
    Darn! I am caught. My dream didn't show the calendar. I mean for 2013-14.

vCash
    Spiky,north York is due south of Thornhill.

vCash
    Patrick doing a summer competition to test his free skate and his level of comfort to his new choreo before the GP series was to be expected I suppose since he's not going to Japan Open. As far as him possibly skating to Lawrence of Arabia, while I like the music and I think it would be an appropriate piece for the Olympic season, I'm honestly hoping for something else from David. Chan will have strong competition in Oda at Thornhill, so watch out. lol

I am just surprised to see Fumie Suguri in the line-up. I thought she had long retired from competitive skating.

Thanks Luckiest1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post

T&S skated in Thornhill in their last oly season and I was hoping they would repeat but no such luck.

I hope Danielle Earl will be there as she gets some great pics.
    I'm going to be there for sure!! I'm photographing the whole event so if you see me & I look dead on my feet, it's because I've been at the rink since Wednesday night!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I'm going to be there for sure!! I'm photographing the whole event so if you see me & I look dead on my feet, it's because I've been at the rink since Wednesday night!!
    Hey Dani, maybe Emdee can give you a helping hand! Emdee, you can take a lesson or two in photography from Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Patrick doing a summer competition to test his free skate and his level of comfort to his new choreo before the GP series was to be expected I suppose since he's not going to Japan Open. As far as him possibly skating to Lawrence of Arabia, while I like the music and I think it would be an appropriate piece for the Olympic season, I'm honestly hoping for something else from David.
    VarBar, I think Emdee was just guessing that Patrick's music may be Lawrence of Arabia as she remembered Patrick talking about liking the music, and having to choose between LOA or Aranjuez for 2011/12. Patrick also mentioned he liked the music. For all we know, it may not be LOA. Oh if he is testing his free skate in Thornhill, we will find out soon ... another month's time! Emdee, you are one lucky lady. You gonna watch his FB before any one of us. And wow.. for $6.00/day it's a steal indeed, luckiest1.

vCash
    Fumie Suguri missed qualifying for Japan Nationals last season by one placement. COS Summer Skate in Thornhill has been live streamed for free (but not archived for on demand viewing) by Skatebuzz/UStream in past years, so let's hope it will be again! A separate Thornhill competition discussion/results thread will be started in the Kiss and Cry forum as the time draws nearer.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Fumie Suguri missed qualifying for Japan Nationals last season by one placement. COS Summer Skate in Thornhill has been live streamed for free (but not archived for on demand viewing) by Skatebuzz/UStream in past years, so let's hope it will be again!
    Yay! Thanks for the heads up, Sylvia. I will definitely keep a look out regarding the life streaming. Hopefully, I can access from Australia, and that the streaming is not in the wee hours of the early morning.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I've wanted to post "Patrick Chan" in the 'Skaters who don't get the PCS they deserve' thread so badly!!! But I know that will start fires, so I've refrained...

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Chan will have strong competition in Oda at Thornhill, so watch out. lol
    lol? Are you being mean to one of my favourite skaters? Getting to see Chan and Oda at an event like this will be wonderful, I'm jealous of all who get to attend! But...

I am just surprised to see Fumie Suguri in the line-up. I thought she had long retired from competitive skating.
    Fumie will be performing at BC Summerskate, I plan to go to see both her short and long program performances. She seems like a sweet person and I admire someone who continues to do what they love, even when people throw negativity their way. She inspires me.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    You are better at Ontario geography than I am, Spikey. I live down town and while I have ventured west and east, I have rarely been to the northern reaches of Greater Toronto. I spent an hour or so this morning on line searching for ways to get to Thornhill without a car. (I've given up driving in the city) It's going to be a lot more trouble getting there and back than going to London or Quebec city. It was the same way with another suburban event. There are commuter trains but they don't come back to down town at night. But I've a month to figure it out.
    Cheers. I do hope we meet at an event somewhere, sometime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    VarBar, I think Emdee was just guessing that Patrick's music may be Lawrence of Arabia as she remembered Patrick talking about liking the music, and having to choose between LOA or Aranjuez for 2011/12. Patrick also mentioned he liked the music. For all we know, it may not be LOA.
    What did I say wrong?

Oh if he is testing his free skate in Thornhill, we will find out soon ... another month's time
    I can see no other purpose in Patrick doing Thornhill. He'll surely show up if he is healthy - fingers crossed - he never pulled out unless he was really sick/injured and if memory serves it has only happened once since he joined the senior ranks: 2009 Cup of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I've wanted to post "Patrick Chan" in the 'Skaters who don't get the PCS they deserve' thread so badly!!! But I know that will start fires, so I've refrained...
    LMAO...you have a wonderful sense of humor, PeterG.

lol? Are you being mean to one of my favourite skaters? Getting to see Chan and Oda at an event like this will be wonderful, I'm jealous of all who get to attend! But...
    No, absolutely not. I was actually thinking of how Chan lost a summer competition to Brandon Mroz in the 2011-2102 season if I am not mistaken. If Brandon could beat Patrick, why couldn't Nobunari, no? lol

Thanks to Sylvia for updating me on Fumie Suguri.

Before I forget, D1 is a training program for athletes from various sports. I learned there are over thirty D1 facilities across US but I couldn't find Chan's location much as I tried. I have limited detective ability, I'm afraid.

http://www.d1sportstraining.com/home/main/

vCash
    Well, there's one in Detroit- also one in Col. Springs, but it sounds like this one is new to him. I do wish his few tweets and pics gave a little tiny bit more info.

vCash
    Those who will go to the Thornhill Summer Skate, please report back on his programmes. I also want to know if Team Patrick would make any adjustment to Elegy. Thanks.

vCash
    Wow what a great lineup. Normally I'd say all the biggies would drop out of Thornhill like they usually do. But there is intense focus on getting programs aired out at the right time and in the right way and in a shortened season of sorts where you have to peak earlier things like travel receive a lot of focus. If Chan is training in Detroit then it really makes sense that he show up to Thornhill.

The roster IS amazing. What's more interesting to me is the number of Canadian Juniors who I would have expected to see on the JGP competing in the senior event. I look at Roman Sadovsky as a prime example. Isn't he like 14? Why would they do this? (sorry...thread drift...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    The roster IS amazing. What's more interesting to me is the number of Canadian Juniors who I would have expected to see on the JGP competing in the senior event. I look at Roman Sadovsky as a prime example. Isn't he like 14? Why would they do this? (sorry...thread drift...)
    If you have access to the Kiss and Cry forum, there's a general Canadian Summer Competitions info and discussion thread in progress here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3954560

ETA:
    Before I forget, D1 is a training program for athletes from various sports. I learned there are over thirty D1 facilities across US but I couldn't find Chan's location much as I tried. I have limited detective ability, I'm afraid.

http://www.d1sportstraining.com/home/main/
    I just noticed that the Detroit location is on the same street as the Detroit Skating Club.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast