Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I liked some of Bradon's pieces. But, Etro and Just Cavalli both do it far better. He really is copying them.

vCash
    I don't want to look up the collections on the web. I want to see them for the first time walking down the runway.

vCash
    I prefer that, as well.
    I've avoided the pictures and spoilers.

vCash
    I saw Gretchen Jones' runway show in person, and although they weren't my cup of tea, they were impeccably made and cohesive (although my favorite of the non-finalists that season were Ivy Higa and Michael Costello). I like Alexandria's pants, but her tops are so mismatched to me.

On a separate note, I screened "Project Runway: All Stars" and have a lovely chat with Alyssa Milano.

I was dubious about her casting going in. She didn't really say much in the first episode and sounded/looked like a soccer mom (especially next to Georgina Chapman). However, talking to her one-on-one she comes across far more fashion-savvy and warm. Her favorite designer going into the competition was Jeffrey Sebelia.

I can't give any spoilers away, but the most shocking thing about Episode 1 is that Andy South is now a transgender woman, Ari South. I didn't recognize her at first when they did their introductions. Jeffrey looks like he's aged a lot; he was out of fashion for awhile, working I guess on children's clothes.

I have a soft spot for Korto Momolu because she's super talented and been runner-up so many times. She brings the sass. And of course "crazy" Elena Slivnyak does, too.

I'm chatting with Tim Gunn next week, so send your questions!
    Last edited by all_empty; 10-15-2013 at 09:01 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ask tim if there was any particular auffing that led to the creation of the save
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm one of the few who thought Gretchen deserved the win. I still think Mondo is WAY overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I'm one of the few who thought Gretchen deserved the win. I still think Mondo is WAY overrated.
    I can't process these words....

vCash
    that's cool that ninagarcia posts here

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    that's cool that ninagarcia posts here
    LOL!

all empty - there were a ton of anti gretchen comments on tim's fb page when she was inexplicably gifted that victory (sorry duane, id sooner leave the spot vacant like tonya's last us title), you could ask tim if that was the most unpopular finale ever
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Hahaha! One of the few is putting it mildly. I try to ignore all the screams from fans of the show over how wrong the judges were to award ______ the win instead of whomever their favorite is. So much of the criticism is aimed at the designers perceived personality failings and has little to do with their design skills. And it's only gotten worse since they moved the show to Lifetime. "It's rigged!", "Not fair!", "Crack-Smoking-Judges!", etc. etc. Having said that, I stand with Tim Gunn as completely FLUMMOXED over the judges choice of Gretchen that season, and it had nothing to do with her abrasive personality. It was those dreary textiles. If she'd presented the same collection in a more appealing color palette I might have been able to ignore the knitwear diapers. Maybe. Those fabrics though. :shiver:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I have a soft spot for Korto Momolu because she's super talented and been runner-up so many times. She brings the sass. And of course "crazy" Elena Slivnyak does, too.

I'm chatting with Tim Gunn next week, so send your questions!
    Korto is one of my favorites and Elena's decoy collection was probably the best collection that walked the runway her season, even though I loved Dmitri and was glad he won. So many of my favorite past contestants are in this season, it's going to be tough to root for any one in particular. Hope Alyssa does a better job than previous slow talker whose name I can't recall. She was dreadful. I don't hold out a lot of hope for Alyssa from the previews I've seen. Her lecturing tone to the designers, as if she were their boss/mother/teacher instead of show host and ringmaster, would negatively impact the show dynamic if that's how she is all the time. These are adult game show contestants, not children. I dunno, I found her tone somewhat condescending.

Ask Tim if there are any changes he'd like to see made to the show format down the road. If he was happy with the way the changes this season impacted the show (talking to the judges and allowing them to see the top and bottom 3 up close during judging) and if he could go back and retroactively use his Tim Gunn save on any designers from past seasons, who would they be.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Korto is one of my faves too.

Based on the photos, I'd give the win to Alexandria or Justin. Overall, I like Alexandria's the best too -- surprising. I don't like the way some of Braden's fabrics look in the photos. I hope they look better in motion. Dom's doesn't do much for me either. Disappointing.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Having said that, I stand with Tim Gunn as completely FLUMMOXED over the judges choice of Gretchen that season, and it had nothing to do with her abrasive personality. It was those dreary textiles. If she'd presented the same collection in a more appealing color palette I might have been able to ignore the knitwear diapers. Maybe. Those fabrics though. :shiver:
    Seriously, though I think even a better color scheme wouldn't have changed it...We had at least one jerk win before (Jeffrey) but he was backing up his mouth with his work. Even if Gretchen weren't a manipulative beyotch, her ugly shapes and blah fabrics really did scream "Inexpensive ready-to-wear from the mid-Seventies." And it amazes me that a couple seasons prior they were snarking on some poor designer's jumpsuit, then gave Wretchen's clinical-depression-blue romper suit a *store* win.

vCash
    Gretchen's looks screamed: "I'm embarrassed to be alive - while waiting for the apocalypse", IMO!
    They were, for the most part, depressing and ugly.

vCash
    Was that the season that Tim was posting vlogs about how he felt about the judging? Or did he do that ESosa's season?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Have you seen Gretchen's Fall 2013 Collection: http://www.refinery29.com/gretchen-jones#slide-1
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Her attitude/philosophy hasn't changed, to judge by those!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    (sorry duane, id sooner leave the spot vacant like tonya's last us title)

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Have you seen Gretchen's Fall 2013 Collection: http://www.refinery29.com/gretchen-jones#slide-1
    Can't make up my mind if it's "Send this kid to Camp" or a rip-off of the Emmett Kelly Collection.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    The Softer Side of Sears, ca. 1976? Except what is with the "let's add 10" to the hips" panels? And the model looks like she's facing a firing squad.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast