Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ugh, how could Kate think that was even the least bit fashionable. And so poorly made. I am surprised they sent her home, but she deserved it. I thought Alexandria's was a mess. Worse than the brown cake priestess. And Justin's didn't look bad from far away, but up close, yowza, really poor construction. I think I would have given the Pope a pass with all those other atrocities.

Wasn't crazy about Helen's but it was the third best up there. I really liked Braden's. Liked Dom's dress but not so much the print.
    Justin survived because it was a "print" challenge, I believe.
    That was good; the rest, ugh!

vCash
    I liked Braden's outfit & tho't he should have won. I seem to have very different taste than the judges & I don't think its just because I'm an old woman.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    who knew making a print was so hard? makes esosa look amazing in retrospect
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Dom and Bradon were way out in front of the others on this challenge. I would have given the win to Bradon, but won't argue against Dom.

Helen is irritating and her print design was poorly done. If there's anything we've learned from sporting events it is this: it is very difficult to make "star spangled" look elegant. (I always pity the poor folks who have to design outfits for team USA...."where do we put the stars so it doesn't look like a 5 year old's craft project?") She had an artist as a muse and she designs some twee collection of stars? Lame.

I would have auffed Alexandra and Kate. Yes, Alexander's use of the white cross was unfortunate (my mind went to "Danish flag made out of chocolate")....maybe making the cross in black would have been better.

vCash
    I follow bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com (BPR) and comments there suggest that Heidi and Zac voted against Alexander because it wasn't "sexy" and that Nina didn't push back even though she preferred his. It seems that they're voting off anything that isn't sexy or at least body conscious even though fashion consists of many more silhouettes. Domage.
    Last edited by Aceon6; 09-28-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fixed BPR URL
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Dom's winning look was hideous. The print is much too overpowering; it's the kind of dress that wears the woman, and not the other way around. It was also poorly done; it was bunching up and wrinkly in the armhole and shoulder cap area. It looked incredibly uncomfortable to wear. How that was called the winner I'll never understand.

Braden wuzrobbed big time.

vCash
    ^^^
    Agree with all of this.

Dom's print was interesting; the dress she made with the fabric was not.
    I couldn't understand why the judges praised its' construction'her skills.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I'm sad cause Kate was my favorite but her look was really terrible this week. Shocked that Alexandria wasn't in the bottom for her look. And I agree that I liked Dom's print and dress but it looked so bunched up in places.

vCash
    I thought Braden should have won, hands down. I liked Dom's, but could not see many women wanting to wear a print like that.

Kate, hmmm, I think she should have been safe. I didn't think her's was as bad as Alexandria's. I actually thought Kate's idea was interesting. The sheer crinoline over the print, even the crystal pleating. But the proportion and implementation were wrong.

vCash
    IMO, Kate did exactly what Tim told them not to do as he was leaving the workroom. He said "Don't overthink it" and that's what she did. In one of the talking head segments, Dom said that Kate was going for a play on transparency. I get that, but the final result was an epic fail. Everything that could have gone wrong with that look did.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    IMO, Kate did exactly what Tim told them not to do as he was leaving the workroom. He said "Don't overthink it" and that's what she did. In one of the talking head segments, Dom said that Kate was going for a play on transparency. I get that, but the final result was an epic fail. Everything that could have gone wrong with that look did.
    I actually think that Kate did not think it through enough. I don't know that her's was a case of over thinking. I think the concept was really interesting. However, she did not think through the proportion and the shape. She could have done a longer, very fitted, no waistband, version with the pleating just the bottom 3" - 4" of the skirt. It could have created a sort of short trumpet shape. Posen has done that, and probably would have liked it.

vCash
    ^ What do you think her concept was? I saw hard vs. soft; transparent vs. opaque; masculine vs. feminine. Two ideas too many and none of them executed well. She defended that look to the end, right down to her post-show Sobbing Head segments, but to me, she failed epically. That dress sucked big-time and she deserved the auf. As did Alexandria with her atrocious Post-Apocalytic EuroAngst Pile of Dirty Rags Grabbed off the Bomb Shelter Floor look.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Justin survived because it was a "print" challenge, I believe.
    That was good; the rest, ugh!
    ITA. I think Kate had 2 strikes against her: non existent print and hideous design. She hasn't been my favorite this season or last, but she was less irritating this time. I was hoping against hope that somehow Helen would be a surprise elimination. She is the " the judges really liked that?" designer this season for me. That print was to me and the judges seemed to be trying to convince themselves it was a good design. Praise for using white and ecru together? They seemed to be grasping at straws. And don't you love that she made Kate's departure all about her when she cried that she wanted Kate to be at Fashion Week with her.

Ken's "real woman" model, Susi, has written an interesting series of posts about her experience on the show. It starts here.
    at picturing eliminated designers hiding in a corner at Mood while current designers shop.

vCash
    I also am amazed that Helen is still there; and being "pushed".
    The design of her dress seemed like an "afterthought"; and fitted poorly.

The only dress of hers I have liked is the one from the "Real Woman" challenge.

vCash
    Dom's dress hurt my eyes and I thought it was badly fitting.
    I did like Braden's and thought it would win. Why it didn't I can't guess.
    Alexanderia's dress was laughable. Not only was it ugly, but the cross was puckering all over the length,
    I just don't get the judges this season.
    I just hope she doesn't make it to the final. Watching a whole runway show of her clothes would be enough to make me vomit.

vCash
    ^ What do you think her concept was? I saw hard vs. soft; transparent vs. opaque; masculine vs. feminine. Two ideas too many and none of them executed well. She defended that look to the end, right down to her post-show Sobbing Head segments, but to me, she failed epically. That dress sucked big-time and she deserved the auf. As did Alexandria with her atrocious Post-Apocalytic EuroAngst Pile of Dirty Rags Grabbed off the Bomb Shelter Floor look.
    I really liked the idea of soft/v/hard, transparent/v/opaque. Not sure I saw the masculine in her design, at all. I think the top should not have been buttoned up, all of the way. I think the dress should have been more fitted and the crystal pleats just the bottom 3-4 inches. The concept worked for me, the actual design and execution did not.

vCash
    Why, why, why do the judges keep Alexandria safe (or worse) praise her? From the poopy pants, to the bondage boot look, to this week's trainwreck, how does she manage to stay?

vCash
    ^^^
    Most of her looks have been awful; and at best, unimpressive.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Dom's dress hurt my eyes and I thought it was badly fitting.
    I did like Braden's and thought it would win. Why it didn't I can't guess..
    I guess on the same theory that Justin wasn't auffed- she used more of the print - it was the whole dress. Braden used the print in the jacket, and they liked the print, but the part everyone went crazy for was the LBD underneath.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    You never know with these judges.
    If he has used more of the print, they probably would have said "too much".

Remember, Tim didn't care for the skirt Bradon intended; so, he made the LBD instead.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast