Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

vCash
    The biggest problem with Ken is that he acts as though he's "God's Gift to design"
    He's not.

vCash
    I really think that it will come down to Bradon, Dom, Kate, and Helen. Here's how I see it happening (I have no spoilers):

8th: Ken quits
    7th: Justin
    6th: Alexandria
    5th: Alexander
    4th: Helen

Top 3: Bradon, Dom, Kate

I really can't see any others in the top 4.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I really think that it will come down to Bradon, Dom, Kate, and Helen. Here's how I see it happening (I have no spoilers):

8th: Ken quits
    7th: Justin
    6th: Alexandria
    5th: Alexander
    4th: Helen

Top 3: Bradon, Dom, Kate

I really can't see any others in the top 4.
    I think that's right. I am so hoping Helen is not in the final 3, I can't believe she's won three challenges. She's also pretty full of herself.

(That yellow daisy dress is a dead ringer for a dress I wore to a Bar Mitzvah in 1967. I was 10 years old.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    (That yellow daisy dress is a dead ringer for a dress I wore to a Bar Mitzvah in 1967. I was 10 years old.)
    I take it you didn't find Helen's dress very modern.

vCash
    I think that's right. I am so hoping Helen is not in the final 3, I can't believe she's won three challenges. She's also pretty full of herself.

It looks like something I wore to church back then, also!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I take it you didn't find Helen's dress very modern.
    Ouch.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the yellow daisy dress is actually the same as the purse my great aunt helen crocheted for me using a margarine tub as the base of the purse. i was about 5.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the yellow daisy dress is actually the same as the purse my great aunt helen crocheted for me using a margarine tub as the base of the purse. i was about 5.
    I want that!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I want that!
    me too! i dont know what happened to them. she made them in every color of the rainbow.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I thought that every dress was shapeless and ugly. The only one I, somewhat, liked was the yellow daisy dress. Hated the fabric, but liked the shape.

vCash
    I was underwhelmed by most of the looks in this challenge. I was as so many designers gravitated toward plaid. Modern Southern Woman = Plaid?? I never knew!

I kept thinking that Ken might do well since they were showing a kindler and gentler Ken. But after I saw the purple bridesmaid dress I thought he might be toast. The phone call with his mom was when she asked him if was another person sometimes. I think we're going to see that other person next week.

Helen can go anytime, she annoys me.

I guess fashion forward modern southern dresses are shorter in the front and have gobs of material wadded up by your hips.

vCash
    I wore Ken's original dress to my grad school roommate's wedding. I believe it was 1977.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    That was a baffling win. All those seaming details of Bradon's will probably be eliminated in the first production meeting. The dress Belks ends up selling probably won't look much like what came down the runway. And I doubt that it will be plaid.

I think Jeremy was done in by his fabric choices. He probably would have been waved through with a different print and a different colored jacket. And then they could have aufed Alexandria since they're clearly keeping Ken in, no doubt hoping for some epic work room drama.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash

It looks like a Prom dress from the 60's.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    It looks like a Prom dress from the 60's.
    I made a dress in that exact fabric and with a fairly similar silhouette sometime in 1968 or 1969.

Most of the dresses were hideous, and why Alexandria was deemed safe with that mess is beyond me. It looked like she just threw the fabric on the model and held it together with the belt, her original fabric was awful, but that plaid was plain fugly. Jeremy may have made something a little too mature, but at least it was well made and tasteful.

Ken, Helen and Alexandria can get off my screen anytime now.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I love real women challenges. But I think designers have figured out that they had better be nice to their not-size-0 clients.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love tim's tie

that tiff was very 8th grade at an all girls school

i rarely like the real people challenge. i see real people everyday and am consistently underwhelmed by them. i dont need more on tv
    Last edited by my little pony; 09-20-2013 at 02:41 AM.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Well fashion is about fantasy. But if you saw real women fight over the Phillip Lim clothes at Target last Sunday....we all want some of the fantasy!

vCash
    I don't like the real people challenges either. And, I think when they have them, all the women should be of similar body types.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I don't like the real people challenges either. And, I think when they have them, all the women should be of similar body types.
    ita, helen did a nice job. but her model was that girl in the movies that takes off her glasses, shakes out her hair and looks 100 times better. i really liked what justin did (the black dress with the signature, i think that is his name). i didnt think, oh she looks nice for her. i thought she really looked nice and in something she will most likely wear.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast