Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't know how helpful other people stepping in would have been; Ken was already so angry and defensive. I think it was kind of OTT to run to Tim fearing for her life, but Tim handled that situation great.

vCash
    I got the impression there was more to the story than what was shown as most of the other designers were either neutral or slightly pro-Ken. It doesn't excuse Ken's behavior in the least but I do think it's telling that none of the designers rushed to Helen's defense.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I got the impression there was more to the story than what was shown as most of the other designers were either neutral or slightly pro-Ken. It doesn't excuse Ken's behavior in the least but I do think it's telling that none of the designers rushed to Helen's defense.
    I dunno....from Bradon's comments, he seemed to think that Ken was acting way out of line. This isn't the first time Ken has been loudly and aggressively obnoxious. I'm hoping he leaves soon. His mom will probably cringe when she sees this stuff airing.

vCash
    I thought Ken's tirade was uncalled-for, but I also thought Helen's fearing-for-her-life was over-reacting in the extreme. Tim handled it well; I'd have been tempted to tell both of them to grow up. Given the time constraints they're all working under, it seems like all the dramatics and angst is just handing extra time to your competitiors, because they're all working while you're having your temper tantrums and time-outs.

As for the clothes, I think this season especially it seems as if the more I dislike a design, the better the judges rate it.I can understand using designing for one of Heidi's lines as a challenge (although it's getting a little old) because the designers should know what it's like to work within a client's guidelines/wishes but the exercise wear front was too limiting. There's only a few pieces to work with, the fabric choices are limited to stretchy stuff and they didn't have much of a color palette to start with. I thought Helen's jacket was ugly, except for the length and the rest of her outfit was blah. Plus drssing a bunch of stick-thin models was hardly realistic. To me, this would have been a perfect time to bring in a bunch of normal women from a local gym and have the designers come up with workout clothes that would work on them!
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I didn't get the sense that Helen was running out of fear. I think she knows Ken is all talk.

But I guess it's the chivalry in me that finds it upsetting that no guy stepped in (though Matryeshka makes a good point that perhaps there was more to the story than shown).

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked Kate's design best, but I liked Helen's jacket. I am one of those people who wants to cover butt and hips in something other than spandex, and it would be nice to have something other than an oversized T shirt or sweatshirt-style hoodie. I spent about 4 hours one day going from store to store looking for something longer for the gym that was lightweight and had some shape to it. Couldn't find a thing. But Helen won over Kate because Nina Garcia always gets her way.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Helen won over Kate because Nina Garcia always gets her way.
    I can hear Nina now: "It's so editorial!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I don't know how helpful other people stepping in would have been; Ken was already so angry and defensive. I think it was kind of OTT to run to Tim fearing for her life, but Tim handled that situation great.
    he should ditch heidi and start a consulting firm as a crisis mediator
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I followed TLo's tweets from the MBFW show. Ken did not present. The other 8 did. Wonder if he drops out?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Yeah, I was wondering about his absence from the show. I could see him having a snit and just refusing to put together a show but it does seem more likely he did something that resulted in him not being invited to present.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I followed TLo's tweets from the MBFW show. Ken did not present. The other 8 did. Wonder if he drops out?
    Or it could be a spoiler that he gets the boot next week. Isn't it usually just the final eight who present collections?

vCash

Stoopid autocorrect

Bunim Murray has let everyone who is left do the show. Either they miscalculated when the Ken auffing would occur, or he quit.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I hated Alexandra's clothes again. Those pants were more than ugly, they were as far from exercise clothes as you can get. It was very telling that all the judges but Heidi hates the outfit but Heidi kept her anyway. It goes to show that she does not even take the judges opinions into consideration at all and just goes with what she likes.
    At this rate she should do away with the judges altogether if she is not going to let their votes count or the majority rule. She is wasting their time. Good luck selling the fugly pants to the public Heidi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I hated Alexandra's clothes again. Those pants were more than ugly, they were as far from exercise clothes as you can get. It was very telling that all the judges but Heidi hates the outfit but Heidi kept her anyway. It goes to show that she does not even take the judges opinions into consideration at all and just goes with what she likes.
    At this rate she should do away with the judges altogether if she is not going to let their votes count or the majority rule. She is wasting their time. Good luck selling the fugly pants to the public Heidi.
    So Heidi's vote shouldn't count at all, especially when it's her line? It seemed to me that all four judges universally hated the garment Karen sent down the runway, and only 3 of them hated Alexandria's. Karen's garment was also poorly made and there were no complaints of Alexandria's craftmanship of her garment, only juvenile jokes from Michael Kors. And at the end of the day at least Alexandria designed something, whereas Karen sent down something that already exists in the market and is on the cheap side of cheap activewear. Alexandria is still in the competition because no matter how much you hated what she made, Karen's was a far worse offense, not just because Heidi liked it.

vCash
    This was a Zzzzz episode. The only interesting thing about it was Tim in the referee outfit.

Kate is much less irritating this time around, but I just can't bring myself to root for her even though she's had nice designs.

I can't stand Helen and wouldn't have given her either of the last 2 wins.

Alexandria of the poopy pants doesn't bother me as much, but she's lucky that Karen had design/execution issues this week.

Ken has some issues, but I loved Tim's heart to heart talk. It was interesting to hear him at his model's walk/attitude this week.

I really wish they would throw some 2 day challenges in. It would be nice to see a well thought out, well executed design from more than 2 designers.
    Last edited by shan; 09-09-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am hoping Braden will get it back together.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    As do I!

vCash
    I am not defending Ken because his tirades are beyond inexcusable, but I almost wonder at the editing he gets. In this episode, despite the early complaint about the obstacle course, he looked like he worked well with his partner and did a good job, surprisingly. Didn't they come in third? He also made some very nice comments about other's designs for this challenge. He seems a bit bi-polar in the editing, and I am not sure which Ken is the most dominant. Again, he has been horrible in his rants and attacks on some of the people, but then they show him acting normally one-on-one in other cuts.

Anyway, this was a really dumb and boring challenge. Kate was my winner. Top to toe her outfit was impeccable. I loved her jacket with the zipper in the back. For the life of me I can not understand why Alexandra and Heidi like those dropped crotch pants. Has anyone ever seen anyone, much less a woman, wearing those? So ugly!

Next week's episode looks interesting, with Heidi sending them back to the workroom after the runway show. Supposedly they are to make a dress for a modern southern woman.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    For the life of me I can not understand why Alexandra and Heidi like those dropped crotch pants. Has anyone ever seen anyone, much less a woman, wearing those? So ugly!
    Maybe because Alexandra can't make a proper crotch?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Some of the Pilates instructors at the studio I go to wear those dropped crotch pants and love them.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast