Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    vCash
    Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance to talk to Tim today.

He has the nastiest publicist I've ever met in my life.

Even if I had the chance to chat with him, if she heard me talking about "Project Runway" instead of the topic du jour she would've likely pulled me away. Apologies.

Give "All Stars" and Alyssa a chance. I spoke with her and while her personal style is bad, she's quite lovely.

And since some people have doubted my credentials, the top 3 for the first challenge are (major spoiler)

Spoiler

vCash
    I am just starting to watch this series now (on episode 04 now) and wow this is the best series yet. Obviously, just like all other 'talent' shows, they have nothing to do with talent and they're all about the DRAMA. It feels like for series 12, they did extensive psychological screening and then chose applicants who *didn't* pass the tests.

vCash
    Would you like a new thread for "All-Stars"; or should we continue this one?

vCash
    I vote for a new thread.

vCash
    Could someone suggest a title?
    Got it!

Started here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...95#post4027895
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 10-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Wow, I loved the reunion--tho Tim's high-horse integrity was annoying.

Oh, and I SO agree with Jeremy about Bradon's marriage proposal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Wow, I loved the reunion--tho Tim's high-horse integrity was annoying.
    Everybody knows they pick a lot of those people for the drama, otherwise they wouldn't show the fights on t.v. I guess if you just showed the designers designing and sewing, and the runway without any snarky comments from the judges either, nobody would watch.

vCash
    Tim has that kind of integrity - that's why we love and respect him.
    Others responsible for the show may not.

The designers seem to do enough manipulating/maneuvering among themselves that no one would have to arrange/rig a result.

vCash
    I love fired-up Tim Gunn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I love fired-up Tim Gunn.
    me too!!

My fav. moment was the crazy guy (I forget his name) saying that Zac Posen was jealous of him.

I was that the camera cut so many times to Helen's face to get her reaction to what was said. I dislike her more after this reunion.

I didn't know about the twitter comments regarding Braden's proposal. Good grief! But I do agree with Jeremy.

vCash
    It sounded as though Alexandria might have made some comments about Helen, (and perhaps others) via other channels, which she did not want to acknowledge.

vCash
    It sounded to me like Helen (followed by her grrl posse) just aren't very nice. Or have a clue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It sounded as though Alexandria might have made some comments about Helen, (and perhaps others) via other channels, which she did not want to acknowledge.
    It sounded to me like Alexandria made the same kinds of comments that everyone else made but Helen, Kate and Dom were a bit jealous of her and decided to give her the mean girl treatment. She was Heidi's favorite and out sold all of them by a wide margin in the finale auction. Helen has been ranting on Twitter for weeks that Alexandria "robbed" them of their rightful place in the finale. Delusional, immature mean girls.

vCash
    I don't "tweet"; so didn't see comments made there.

vCash
    It was the first time since I started watching Project Runway that I thought that it was almost impossible to pick the winner.

I thought that Braden definitely had the weakest collection. I was very disappointed as overall he was the strongest designer this season. Impeccable technique and a very strong, original point of view. When I saw the mumsy flower collection, I did a double take. The flower prints were supposed to be balanced with metallic materials and unusual colour combinations but it didn't work at all, IMO. It just looked drab and very incoherent.

As far as the other three go, I would be happy with anyone winning and in the end, I am pretty ok with the judges decision.

I would have probably picked Justin but only because he's the nicest person to take part in the show ever. His collection was original, creative and stood out. It didn't 'wow me enough' though. Perhaps a bit more variety and more wow pieces would have helped.

Alexandria had the most commercial, ready-to-wear collection. Whilst I dislike the lack of colour, her clothes were very detailed, impeccably made, looked effortless and cool.

I loved Dom's prints but I dunno, thinking back I would probably have her third. Her collection was a bit too retro and whilst the prints were great, I am not so sure that the actual silhouettes were great.

I didn't realise that Alexander, Kate, Helen and Jeremy did finale collections as well. It was very interesting to see them and how they compared to the others.

Alexander's collection was predictably costume-ish. Kate had pretty dresses but nothing we haven't seen before. Helen's was just absolutely appalling. Terrible construction, awful silhouettes. Jeremy's collection was better than expected but the taste level was again questionable. In the end, the best 4 have definitely made the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    Everybody knows they pick a lot of those people for the drama, otherwise they wouldn't show the fights on t.v. I guess if you just showed the designers designing and sewing, and the runway without any snarky comments from the judges either, nobody would watch.
    I think that it's one thing to pick maladjusted people to have some drama (like Alexandria, Helen, etc.) it's quite another to pick people who had full-blown personality disorders (Ken, Sandro) making them a danger to others. A line has been crossed and to me it wasn't good tv, it was wrong, off-putting and very painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmar View Post
    It sounded to me like Helen (followed by her grrl posse) just aren't very nice. Or have a clue.
    Helen seems to be an ego-centric, insecure drama queen. I thought that Ken was the most horrible person on the show this season but after watching the re-union, Helen won that prize easily. She's also really delusional. Her finale collection was just awful.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122