Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

vCash
    Alexandria wuzrobbed. Dom - meh. Do not get the love at all.

vCash
    I'm okay with the win. I don't really like color-phobic designers, although I will admit that Justin's and Alexandria's collections were considerably better than the clothes they made for the challenges. So for me it was between Bradon and Dom, and I liked Dom's collection a little bit better.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Alexandria's was my least favorite, so I'm surprised she was top two. Guess I'm just not punk enough.

Dom's was my favorite, except for that bathing suit.

vCash
    I saw the Retro in Dom's collection much more than the Futurism. It was very Diana Ross, Lady Sings the Blues for me. That may have been more a styling issue though.

vCash
    I didn't care for Dom's retro/future concept.
    Bradon was my favorite from the start; and remained so.

I wonder which collection Tim Gunn preferred?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked Alexandria's the best because I would wear it, and Justin's second best. But they were fairly monotone and the judges are all about the color! I did think Dom's looked so much better on the runway than in photos. I am not a fan of the screaming print, the shiny silver dress, the bathing suit, or the plastic stuff, but she did have the strongest voice and most distinctive silhouettes out there. So I am fine with her win. I liked Justin's muse look, but there were other ones out there that might have made more of an impression at the judging. I think they had their minds made up though when Braden didn't come through. I think Alexandria was a surprise second place.

Braden's - he was my favorite throughout the season, but I agreed with Nina that it was like multiple mini collections. I liked his blue print fabric much more on the runway than I did in photos so I loved the last dress. And I liked the other pieces to the extent they were made of that fabric -- but I didn't like the shiny fabric at all. It looked like rumpled disco lame fabric on the runway. The big skirt would have been so nice in all white or even in a matte peach. I also liked the white top with the crocus print (on top of the big skirt) and his unconventional materials look - not fashion forward but pretty. I liked the peachy purpley print too, but hated the matronly one shoulder poofy detail and the shiny pants he used with those pale print looks. His washable look was too toga for me. There were at least 2 looks that didn't really go with anything else other than there was some white or some blue in them.

Of the decoy collections, I would really like to see Alexander's live on the runway. Helen's and Jeremy's looked pretty bad. Kate's was hit and miss for me.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Since the judges talk out of both sides of their mouths about what they want to see in the Finale collections - "cohesion" vs. "variety":
    no wonder designers are confused about what to present on the runway.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 10-18-2013 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Since the judges talk out of both sides of their mouths about what they want to see in the Finale collections - "cohesion" vs. "variety; no wonder designers are confused about what to present on the runway.
    They are nothing if they are not totally unpredictable. They were also off on the need for color this year when some past winners have sent down a whole bunch of black or neutrals for the finale.

vCash
    This time, the contestants really set it up for producer's (read Heidi's) choice - Alexandria and Justin had the best unconventional looks, Dom had the best washable look, and the three of them presented fairly cohesive views that didn't stray too far from what they had done during the season. Poor Bradon... I'm not sure what he was thinking.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    In addition to thinking her clothes sort of meh, I got increasingly creeped out by Alexandria's hysterical insistence that she had to win, that she had sacrificed everything, everything. Come on, Dom was working two jobs, Dmitri was a broke immigrant, Sebelia had a new kid and had quit his job to do PR, everyone's got a sob story.

Another reason I liked Dom winning is that she is a sane, mature mensch at the ripe old age of 24.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I am rather surprised by Alexandria's looks as I actually liked them the best. She was always consistent throughout the show, but I wasn't really blown away by anything until the run way show. She should have won IMO.

I am sadly underwhelmed by Dom. During so many of the challenges she came out with looks that were more unique and beautiful. I loved the stuffed plushy look that she came up with during the carnival challenge and the butterfly jacket from a couple of shows back. It seemed like they went with her in part because of how bland and linear Michelle's looks were last season.

vCash
    Except for Dom, everyones look was just to bland for me. And bland is soooo boring.
    Brandan was me favorite from the beginning, and I thought it would be cool if Justin won,
    Hated everything Alexander did from the very first episode.
    So I was satisfied with Dom's win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I am sadly underwhelmed by Dom. During so many of the challenges she came out with looks that were more unique and beautiful. I loved the stuffed plushy look that she came up with during the carnival challenge and the butterfly jacket from a couple of shows back. It seemed like they went with her in part because of how bland and linear Michelle's looks were last season.
    If you'll recall Dom was partnered with Alexandria for the Carnival challenge and if you look at Alexandria's portfolio leading up to Project Runway she was already making the monster dresses. So Dom benefitted greatly from that partnership.

vCash
    I'm not reading any of these posts yet because I accidentally ERASED the finale!!!!!!!!! (The phone rang when I was just starting to watch it, and I didn't scroll down far enough, and hit "erase". I hope it is going to be on again soon. (Part one is on the cable guide, but not part two yet.)

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Next week is the reunion show, they have been re-running episodes before the fresh one, so maybe that will repeat?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Congrats to Dom! She has a great personality and I have always enjoyed her outfits on a runway, so I'm pretty happy with her victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    I'm not reading any of these posts yet because I accidentally ERASED the finale!!!!!!!!! (The phone rang when I was just starting to watch it, and I didn't scroll down far enough, and hit "erase". I hope it is going to be on again soon. (Part one is on the cable guide, but not part two yet.)
    Project Runway official web on lifetime has full episodes, so you can watch it there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    realitytvfan.org is your friend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Next week is the reunion show, they have been re-running episodes before the fresh one, so maybe that will repeat?
    I don't see it on the guide yet! Finale Part I is on there. I'll keep checking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Project Runway official web on lifetime has full episodes, so you can watch it there.
    Thanks for the idea, but no thanks. I'm not going to sit in a desk chair in this room and not be able to FF. (I tried watching All My Children online and I couldn't do it. Fortunately, they ran them all on OWN later.)

vCash
    O.k. - the cable guide is now showing part 2 of the finale at 7 p.m. Thursday, only an hour though. Then the reunion at 8, then All Stars at 9.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast