Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Yeah, Helen sealed her own fate.

The color combinations and styling were atrocious.

I loved Alexandra's school; if she could bring some of that warmth it would be nice (she's a bit Mila-esque).

Props to Justin: great concept, he just needs to refine. I would've liked the second look without the paint splattering even more, and the print on the back was gorgeous.

He just made what I thought was going to be a two-pony race a little more interesting.
    The only thing I cared about tonight was how Tim Gunn was after the subway accident.
    You spoke for me!

I love that Tim has been a real "champion" for Justin, as well.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 10-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    3-D printed accessories and a dress made out of pipette tips (or plastic test tubes)? My not-so-inner geek was squee-ing. Go Justin! (although I wish he and Alexandra had a bit more color in their collections)
    I know! I loved that he included 3-D printed materials. It's really cool when you see technology transformed into fashion/art.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i would ask tim gunn if he is aware of how popular he is with the fans and why he thinks he is so popular, then i would ask him to sign my tim gunn bobblehead
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I was surprised that i really liked Alexandria's. I have only seen the web page photos, though. They don't have Bradon's up, wonder why.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I like neutral colors, raw edges and quirky cuts so it's mystifying why I don't like Alexandria's collection more. I think it's boring, and Ninagarcia is right and Heidi, whose taste can veer off in very weird directions, is wrong.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I've been off and on with Alexandria this season; I did like a few of her supremely unpopular-with-fans designs here and there. But her final collection...LOVE. She's got the effortless church thing going in spades, yet with really interesting details and impeccable workmanship. She won't win, and I don't love everything she does, but she was easily my favorite last night.

vCash
    Justin's collection was the only one that appealed to me. Alexandra's was too familiar & Helen's was ugly.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I really liked Alexandria's because it was something I would wear and be comfortable in. That doesn't mean it is a Project Runway finale collection. Nice comfy, but detailed slouchy pieces - not very fashion forward, but very wearable.

Even though I really like Alexandria's stuff, I might have sent her home if Helen had done something remotely attractive. The blue dress looked like a tablecloth, the red one was ok, but the belt made it scrunch wrong, and ITA with Nina, the blue print looked like a straight jacket for the fashion victim insane asylum. Poor seaming and puckering. And the skirts with the narrow panels that Tim said looked like diapers -- They do. I saw the photos of the final collections including the decoys, and I thought her collection was pretty awful.

Justin, wow, nice, I can't wait to see the runway in motion.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    As usual Heidi had a death grip on keeping Alexandra. No matter that all the other judges wanted to send her home.
    If I was Heidi, I would be embarrassed to put those clothes on a runway, but she seems to love that stuff.
    To each his own, I guess.

vCash
    Alexandria (not my favorite designer at all) is going to show the best and most wearable finale collection (imho).

The event took place already - SPOILER ALERT!!!! link to finale collection show - winner is NOT yet announced.

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/pro...ia-bradon.html

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/pro...stin-kate.html

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/pro...en-jeremy.html
    Last edited by Tinami Amori; 10-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    As usual Heidi had a death grip on keeping Alexandra. No matter that all the other judges wanted to send her home.
    If I was Heidi, I would be embarrassed to put those clothes on a runway, but she seems to love that stuff.
    I wish that she would simply buy her clothes, privately.

Her designs are too casual for the runway; and do nothing to elevate the industry.
    They look more appropriate for Target, IMO.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think every 2nd place designer deserves an apology
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't recall ever seeing a battle-for-the-final-spots collection that had such a clear loser as this one. Helen's was SO bad!! I liked Alexandria's, but was mostly impressed with Justin's.

vCash
    I liked pieces in all of the collections. But, I don't think any of them are really strong, overall.

vCash
    I hope Alexandra does not become Wretchen II.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Alexandria's final collection was my favorite of those shown at Fashion Week, and the fact that it's primarily separates doesn't bother me in the least. There are many designers who build long careers in sportswear and casual separates. If Alexandria had more than 10 looks to show then perhaps she'd have shown more variety. The same complaints that are being made of her collection were also made of Christian Siriano's. Not enough color, everything is the same silhouette, too much of the same thing, etc. She has a very specific POV and it's very European and not for everyone.

vCash
    The problem I have with Alexandria is not only do her clothes look somewhat unoriginal, they also don't look impeccable. If she's going to do the sportswear, casual look, it should look a lot better than it does. Too much of it is poorly constructed and unflattering. She had several challenges where her clothes looked absolutely horrific. Her finale collection looks better, but I still don't think it looks that far above similar ready-to-wear clothes. She has created some cool looks and seems like a nice person, but her winning would be a huge disappointment.

Out of the collections, Alexander's is by far my favorite. But out of the designers still in contention, I'd definitely pick Braden or Justin for the win. I admire Dom, but for some reason her clothes just leave me cold.
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 10-13-2013 at 07:02 AM.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I hope Alexandra does not become Wretchen II.
    Not possible. She didn't get a smack down from Tim for bullying the way Gretchen did.

I agree that this season overall has very boring designers. What's up with the talent pool?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Based on the photos, I'd pick Dom or Kate for the win. (I thought Kate's auffing, even though that particular look was a fail, was premature given her other successes.) Although I'd wear some of Alexandria's stuff, it's not high-fashion, it's just Anthropologie or Urban Outfitters. Justin's collection is good but I can see the construction issues in the still photos.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I actually like Brandon's collection best from Tom and Lorenzo's site...I love rich colors and prints. Some of the others, though...who did "all taupe and white?"

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast