Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    As long as Dom and Braden go, I don't care about the third. Although not Alexandria.

(I guess the other designers agree )
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Don and Braden were the clear top 2, but I thought Dom was the clear winner. LOVED her avant garde look! I thought Braden's inspiration was too literal.

vCash
    Now I get it. The judges don't care for anyone but Dom and Bradon, but they have to put at least one more designer through, so they've been dragging Alexandria through the last few challenges. How else can one explain the last two weeks?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Helen won several challenges. Had she done anything imaginative this time they would have given it to her outright. It really doesn't matter, the ultimate contest is Dom and Braden anyway which we've known for a while.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yesterday on esquire, they ran several of the season 4 (i think 4) shows. the top 4 of christian, chris, rami and jillian had so many fabulous designs, so much talent. this bunch is collectively just so ordinary by comparison.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I loved that Emmy Rossum tried on Dom's jacket. Wonder if we will see her in it.

I think Alexandria is still here because they knew her show would be modern sportswear, not evening wear, little dresses, or couture. She made the show more diverse.

Having looked at the final collections, I hope they look better on TV in motion than in photos.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    yesterday on esquire, they ran several of the season 4 (i think 4) shows. the top 4 of christian, chris, rami and jillian had so many fabulous designs, so much talent. this bunch is collectively just so ordinary by comparison.
    So true, one of my favorite finales.

Here is a link for the contestants for the third All Star season starting 10/24: http://www.thewrap.com/project-runwa...ers-announced/ There are a lot of favorites of mine on this list!
    Last edited by Rob; 10-04-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I would have sent Helen home for that halloween monstrosity. I'm just happy that Justin made it through; I like him, even if he isn't the greatest designer there. I get that Dom and Braden are The Chosen Ones and I don't dislike them but their designs are just too extreme for my taste. Of the two, I think I prefer Dom just because she seems to have more fun with fashion and she's been pretty consistent with the challenges. But it's not like any of them have designed stuff that I'd wear anyway so for me it's more like looking at paintings in an art museum; I see stuff that I think is interesting or pretty or amusing at the moment but I don't want to take anything home and live with it.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Here is a link for the contestants for the third All Star season starting 10/24: http://www.thewrap.com/project-runwa...ers-announced/ There are a lot of favorites of mine on this list!
    no offense to the hostess but it seems sort of budget to have some random tv girl show up to host it. it screams, no one wants this job.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Wow! What a cast for the next all-stars season! I can't believe so many season winners are participating. Could be fabulous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I loved that Emmy Rossum tried on Dom's jacket.
    And she looked great in it!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Surprisingly, Justin FTW.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Justin's looks are amazing. Helen's look so dowdy. Did Alexandria say punk?! Hers were very bland.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Helen is really doing herself in.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Yeah, she really slammed home how inexperienced she is. She shouldn't have gotten this far.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    alexandria's looked like leftovers from heidi's gym clothes challenge. i can see myself scrubbing floors in them.

it stabs me in the heart to defend helen but she at least had clothes that looked like they were meant to go outside the house.

vCash
    The only thing I cared about tonight was how Tim Gunn was after the subway accident. Forget the designers, the divine Tim is what mattered most.

That said, if Helen had put something decent out there, Alexandria would have gone home. Beige bores Nina. But, her students and their dolls were

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    But, her students and their dolls were
    in my head, they gave tim the tim doll

vCash
    3-D printed accessories and a dress made out of pipette tips (or plastic test tubes)? My not-so-inner geek was squee-ing. Go Justin! (although I wish he and Alexandra had a bit more color in their collections)

vCash
    Yeah, Helen sealed her own fate.

The color combinations and styling were atrocious.

I loved Alexandra's school; if she could bring some of that warmth it would be nice (she's a bit Mila-esque).

Props to Justin: great concept, he just needs to refine. I would've liked the second look without the paint splattering even more, and the print on the back was gorgeous.

He just made what I thought was going to be a two-pony race a little more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    no offense to the hostess but it seems sort of budget to have some random tv girl show up to host it. it screams, no one wants this job.
    I agree. Alyssa Milano is popular with the Lifetime demographic, but she doesn't scream fashion to me; I've seen her on many red carpets and she often looks a mess.

I've actually been given the first episodes in advance and will let you know my impressions.

Oh, I'm also chatting with Tim Gunn -- and Alyssa for that matter -- later this month so please send me (brief) questions!
    Last edited by all_empty; 10-11-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast