Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    The wedding dress was indeed stunning. I was surprised his team didn't win as I thought all three dresses were great and looked like they went together.
    I was nearly praying that Kim would go, but I guess the girl couldn't sew should never have been in the project in the first place. How did she get away with it for so long?
    They mentioned other members helping her sew. Was that it? I hate to sound mean, but, they are there to win, they are only hurting their chances if they help others.
    Classy of Sando to come back and tell all of them how sorry he was. He sounded like he meant it too.
    Next week Ken. PLEASE.
    I think it was time for Sue to go. It is inexcusable to not have finished the dress. As far as being able to sew. I think she just was unfamiliar with the sewing machines and didn't have time to actually learn how to thread/make a bobbin/etc. within the show time frame. I learned to sew long before there were sergers. I can sew well on my standard Singer, with lots of different stitches. However, I wouldn't have a clue how to use a serger. Of course, I wouldn't attempt to get on a show like PR either.

I loved Braden's gown. But I loved Jeremy's dress too. Jeremy's dress (as I already mentioned) reminded me of a dress Zac Posen did this Spring. The peplum was set similarly.

I did not get the love for Karen's dress, I thought it was awful.

I didn't like Dom's or Helen's dresses either. Dom's looked like it had promise, but she should have taken some of the spires off - too much. Helen's didn't fall right and where was the "no woman wants their hips to look bigger" comment?

I agree about Sandro. He really did seem sorry.

vCash
    Finally watched. The nasty gnome needs to leave.

And ENOUGH with team challenges. Also, ENOUGH with 'make a dress out of yesterday's trash/dollar store/vinyl placemats'. This is not Project Craft Table.

vCash
    ^^ Totally agree. Let's get back to real fashion!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I agree too. Give them some decent fabric and two whole days to make something, individually, and then let's see who's good. I'm still betting on Dom, Kate and Braden for the runway show but there have been dark horses before.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Are the finalists showing at Fashion Week this year? I don't remember hearing any mention of that happening this time around.

ETA: While I still have no recollection of Fashion Week being mentioned, Project Runway is on the schedule for September 6 at 10 am.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I agree too. Give them some decent fabric and two whole days to make something, individually, and then let's see who's good.
    I'm still betting on Dom, Kate and Braden for the runway show but there have been dark horses before.
    I'm with all of you!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    ^This.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if i applied to be on PR, it would never occur to me that they would force me to sit outside, let alone sleep outside. i would have chased tim's car as it left.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    It was pretty comfortable camping even by our standards, dear!

And I've missed most of tonight so will just have to judge runway show.

Eta: can't believe Miranda is safe with that shower curtain. But Justin's is even worse.
    Last edited by PRlady; 08-23-2013 at 03:16 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    It was pretty comfortable camping even by our standards, dear!
    ::shudder:: the out of doors is just meant to be on my plate, no where else

justin's looks like ill fitting lingerie, the lop sided lace hoo ha - where was tim?
    the others in the b3 are not good, but justin's has to be the worst. he hasnt been b3 yet, i wonder if they will let him slide?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont care what they say, i hate alexandria's poopy pants, they look like a loin cloth over spanx
    Last edited by my little pony; 08-23-2013 at 03:30 AM.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i dont care what they say, i hate alexandria's poopy pants, they look like a loin cloth over spanx
    If no-one real would ever wear them, does that make it "editorial?"

vCash
    Alexander, Miranda, Jeremy, and Dom were hosed. That was IMO one of the better runways we've seen since it's been on Lifetime, and denim Poopy Pants won.

I'm glad it was just a let's get out and enjoy each other and be inspired--no bizarre twist, no let's be friends and here's the backstabby part! The designs were so much better and I was reminded that all these contestants are really talented. Even the ones on the bottom were OK and would probably have been safe in other seasons. Except Kristen's and Alexandria. They were truly awful. I might have had Saint Kate in the bottom three as well, but only to round it out.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Tim Gunn you're just too nice. Nothing was worth saving this week.

Jeremy's dress was ethereal, but I still don't get the connection between it and the outdoors. I didn't like the pants, but I did like Alexandria's jacket.

Bradon seems to have lost his way all of a sudden, and the preview of next week's show didn't make it sound like tonight's episode was a one-off in that respect.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I would have Kate, Bradon and Karen on the bottom with Karen getting the auf. The top of Kate's was worse than Ken's. Bradon was just too in love with the embrodery idea and, frankly, I've done pieced dresses that looked better than his. Karen's looked like an outdoor shower.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I wasn't crazy about the design but at least Justin tried something different and I could see where he got the inspiration for the frothy glue lace. The yellow shower curtain was just blah - no style, no shape, no skill involved in the sewing and even the dye job was bad. Tim was right - the judges got it wrong - and I'm thrilled he saved Justin. He's probably my favorite of the designers left as a person, even if I don't always like his clothes.

The droopy pants were disgusting and I'm assuming that the midnight blue tree dress looked better in person than it did on my TV because I thought it was a draggy mess.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    If no-one real would ever wear them, does that make it "editorial?"
    I hated the pants; they were like ill-fitting jodhpurs, at best.

I wish they had sent Ken home.
    He thinks he's a "superior" designer.
    He isn't.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't mind Alexandra's look, but I would have given the win to Dom, Jeremy, or Miranda. Justin's was uglier than Karen's, but at least it was an attempt at design even if it went all wrong. Karen's looked like a beach towel wrapped around with a belt attached.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I didn't mind Alexandra's look, but I would have given the win to Dom, Jeremy, or Miranda. Justin's was uglier than Karen's, but at least it was an attempt at design even if it went all wrong. Karen's looked like a beach towel wrapped around with a belt attached.
    Nah, it looked like a pop up camping shower looks after several seasons. She even got the "plastic will yellow if left out in the sun" part right.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Karen's was a holy mess, I didn't quite realize how bad it was until they inspected it close-up. She should have been auffed and Tim could have saved the save for whomever gets booted off unfairly in the coming episodes.

Rate the Runway has Jeremy's, Dom's and Alexander's looks in the top three, that's about right as far as I'm concerned. I think Dom didn't get top 3 because the dress was too much like the one she recently won with, and Jeremy just won last week.

If Helen's talent is restricted to what she calls evening wear in sad, Amish colors and fabrics, that's pretty bad.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast