Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Definitely a favorite in 94 (not 92- Midori was the fave at that time)

I guess I was out of touch in 85 (didn't watch FS at all that year, I think). My memories of Ivanova are from 1988 when she was in the final group for free skate but did not skate well. I knew she was mainly a 'figures' skater; I didn't know she had come that close to winning the gold at the 85 worlds.
    Ivanova was pretty good when she first came back from her suspension. Still not the most inspiring or consistent free skater, but was attempting more triples than pretty much anyone else, and was one of the only one doing the triple loop fairly consistently. She also often did clean short programs. She came pretty close to beating Witt at Europeans in 85, 86, and 87.

She had a dissapointing 86 Worlds where she had a chance to win or atleast medal again, and from there it was gradually downhill. By Calgary she was a shadow of her old self and was probably forced by the Russian fed. to still be competing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I didn't know she had a 3rd child. So now she has one son and two daughters?
    No, she has 2 sons & one daughter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12