Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    for some reason I thought the finale was tonight.

In terms of gameplay, Andy was the best. In terms of "deserving", well, they all suck

zzzzz
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    that was the most anti-climatic vote reading I have ever seen. Julie was breezing through those keys as though she was being docked pay for each extra second it took her to do so.

I was surprised Andy chose GM over Spencer, but turns out it wouldn't have mattered anyways. Andy played perhaps the best end-game of those that were there, but overall this was a fairly blah season, IMO. Hoping next year is better. And with no returning players again.

vCash
    Yes, glad it is over. I will enjoy reading any follow-up though. LOL at Aaryn having 2 PR people. Will watch the links tonight.

Novel thought - why don't they cast a bunch of mature game playing people. Folks like Kaysar - one of my favs - you could see him processing the chessboard in his mind and I enjoyed watchng that. Ian? Janelle. Even Dr Will.
    No more Evil Dicks or most of this season (except Elissa, Candice, Howard)
    Quit trying to get the immature ones that want fame!

Glad for Howard on the soap gig and that he was top 3 for fav - pretty impressive since he was out prejury.

Next season is AllStars from what I have read online. I hope they do not blow the casting! Give Candice & Howard another chance - I so agree that there was no way they could win.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Well I for one don't want Candice back - as Andy said, she slept 90% of the time so boring game player. Other than her bendy displays, Elissa was also pointless - too all over the place in her gaming, and I'd rather have a level playing field if they are going to continue with things like MVP, America's Favorite or even the dreaded Coup d'etat.

As for Howard, maybe a nice guy, but he wasn't a gamer and made it clear from the start he was there to launch a Hollywood career.

I give the show points for casting Judd, Spencer, Andy, Helen (even though ugh) and McCrae (even though he was an epic fail) because all came into the game as big fans. McCrae is a known feedster, and Judd's such a big fan he even watched BB Canada. I'd much rather have them than a bunch of bartenders and pageant girls.

I'd love to see a cast of all newbies, and if they have aspirations of fame so be it (really, you have to be somewhat of a narcissist to want to be on this kind of show), but the overall qualifier is you must be a fan and know the game. Someone on a BB board even suggested that to get on the show you have to pass a test that proves you're a real fan.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    As for Aaryn - mods please indulge me in a separate post - if I were in her position I'd have a PR team too. I think it was a smart move by her parents - they were apparently hired back in July.

Even as of this morning on some talk show, Julie continues to put the entire burden of the controversy on Aaryn. They may have touched on it last night, but for the most part, only Aaryn really got grilled by Julie while Amanda got a pass on the racism in favour of a light touch on her bullying and soppy showmance, and Julie was positively giggly with Spencer. Instead, representing the show and CBS, she's been doing interviews etc all summer that focus only on Aaryn.

I'm not saying Aaryn is blameless, but I do believe she has been unfairly cast as a convenient scapegoat and received much more flack than she deserves.

vCash
    Someone on Sucks was saying that Ian is reporting that Amanda, Aaryn and Helen will be looked at from this season for the next All-stars. Who knows if that is remotely true or not. Guess we'll know for sure sometime next spring.

Even though I think Judd wasn't a very good player for a fan, I wouldn't mind seeing him back. I thought he got screwed by Amanda's paranoia over who was MVP. Wouldn't mind seeing Jessie back, if she can find the time from her new LA career. Hahahhaaha. They are about the only two from this season that I would want to watch play again.

Candice and Howard would be fools to come back.

vCash
    If Amanda appear on my television in the future, I WILL NOT watch. I'd rather not see Aaryn or Helen either.

I thought it was interesting Elissa answered an interview question that she will never speak with Amanda or Aaryn again. Not the standard "oh we are all friends now" response. Spencer seemed the most remorseful in having said awful things- he claims he was just joking around, but realizes now it was inappropriate and some people may have not seen it that way. I found it really interesting is Andy says he hates the word "fag" but he knows Spencer only used it because they were close and so Spencer thought it was okay. If they were close- why would Andy not just tell him to stop? McCrae pointed out that in the real world almost all of them would speak up about this behavior, but you can't in Big Brother because it makes you a target. I really do think that is true.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    That doesn't surprise me from Elissa. I think she was uncomfortable with the whole thing from the beginning. Maybe Rachel will talk her into doing more with her newfound (sort of) fame, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we never hear from her again.

Amanda was good casting at the beginning because she's smart and give great DR, but her emotional instability (she's totally jacked up by pharmaceuticals from what I can tell) doesn't have staying power.

Aaryn is saying she would do it again, but my guess is she's doing the PR thing and being nice and open to everything and keeping all options open right now. I think she's going to distance herself from all this as fast as possible - the minute she gets something going, it will be struck from her resume.

Helen on the other hand was campaigning to be an all star from week one. She often talked about what a great cast they were, best season ever, made great tv, etc. Can't stand her.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Aaryn is saying she would do it again, but my guess is she's doing the PR thing and being nice and open to everything and keeping all options open right now. I think she's going to distance herself from all this as fast as possible - the minute she gets something going, it will be struck from her resume.
    oh, I don't think so at all. An All-Star turn will give her the true redemptive arc she was denied this season. She'll be the Villain With Something to Prove.

I would not watch another season with Amanda in it. Helen - maybe.

And Elissa saved this season! her loopy bendy at inopportune moments and don't-give-a-fcuk attitude during her HoH were priceless. She was terrible at the game but someone that unpredicable (but decent at comps to avoid getting gone right away) makes the overall game better.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

is silently judging you
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbalgirl77 View Post

Andy is really in a great position in the house, if not on the show. He seems like a lock for final 3, at least. I don't know who would even try to vote him out.
    Haha, I posted this back on July 26th! So, at least I kinda knew how things might pan out. It almost makes up for watching this epic fail season.
    The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most. -- Morrissey

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    oh, I don't think so at all. An All-Star turn will give her the true redemptive arc she was denied this season. She'll be the Villain With Something to Prove.
    Could be, but would she really want to subject herself to 24/7 scrutiny all over again? Everyone would be chronicling her every word and looking for her to slip up. If she can pull off some new modelling contracts and tv opportunities I would think that would be a much better ending to her story - doing it her own way and on her own agenda, rather than being reactive and stuck in the past.

vCash
    Rachel and Brendon hosted a party last night and made sure the following were not on the guest list:

Aaryn, GM, Spencer, Amanda, McCrae and Andy.

She did let Jeremy come, the guy that wiped Elissa's hat on his butt crack over and over again. Guess he's been forgiven. Also there were Kaitlin, David, Jessie, Judd and of course Elissa. It was Candice's 30th birthday so she went to Arizona to spend time with her birth mom and half-siblings. Howard had a conflict and no idea what happened to Helen.

Lots of other BB "stars" were there too so it must have killed Andy not to be there. Judd got his wish and got to meet JoJo. Chima was there and boo to Aaryn & GM not being on the guest list as I would have paid good money to see Chima give them a talking to.

vCash
    ET Online asked some great questions to the final 3 and the jury.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/138603_Bi...A=&itmCnt=MQ==

My favorite part is Helen's delusion about how she tried to warn Candice about all the racism. Huh!!? Was that before or after you did your cheerleading to Aaryn, telling her she's the BEST PERSON EVER and its all Candice's fault!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    So Helen continues her Revisionist History of Big Brother. Oh brother.

Interesting that Candice and Aaryn seem to have a very different view of their relationship now, and ditto Helen and Aaryn. It's like Candice and Helen are trying to distance themselves from Aaryn - at least in these interviews - and Helen's taking it one step further and acting like she and Candice are BFFs.

Boo to ET online for repeatedly getting their facts wrong - Spencer has not been fired from his job; he's under review.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    An anti-climatic finish, but after 15 seasons, a gay person finally won.
    Interesting that it was 15 years before this happened. This past year was Canada's first year and a gay, black male ("Glitter Gary") was supposed to have won, but his biggest ally accidentally casted the winning vote (it was a 1 vote 'victory') for the other person by mistake! (She thought she was voting for the person she wanted to evict, not the person to win!! It was quite the ending.... =)

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    BB Season 5's Drew Daniel was actually the first gay to win BB. But he wasn't "out" at the time.

Andy was the first "out" gay to win BB.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Here's something interesting - much has been made of how Andy was always popping up in the middle conversations all summer, plus Hamsterwatch kept referring to some photos/hashtag about Andy always holding things. Well, just read a quote from Julie where she said that Andy made a habit of always leaving a personal item in every room, so he's always have an excuse to enter any room and get in on the conversation.

If that's true, I think it's brilliant! I'm reminded of Jun's kitchen strategy - I remember she said in addition to making herself useful, it gave her a great view of the house so she always knew who was off talking to who, and that after awhile, since she was always there it's like the others didn't even notice that she was watching them all, all the time.

vCash
    Apparently FOUR people have been fired from their jobs because of this season of BB. http://www.examiner.com/article/big-...racist-remarks
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    This is not the worst thing Andy said.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    That is not accurate. Only GM was fired from her job. Aaryn lost two contracts, Spencer's job is under review but he hasn't lost it, and while Andy's college made a statement saying he doesn't work there, that was in fact true before he entered the game. He is hired semester to semester, so since he was in the BB house when the current semester started, he was never hired for it. He says he hopes to start back in January, when the next semester starts.

I'm not defending these people but the amount of misinformation that's flying around is ridiculous.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast