Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    My order is:

1. Jessie; heading to join Candice and Judd in jury land
    I don't get all the Candice love out there. I can see where the fact that she's been a victim of racism makes people root for her in life, but I don't see how that translates into deserving to get further in or win the game. I guess some might think that she's been unfairly sent packing in the same way Judd has (as a victim of as smear campaign around being MVP) but I don't think she can blame her fate solely on Amanda, Aaryn and GM's comments.

I think she can only blame herself - she played a poor game. She was smart enough to spot MC before most and had other insights, but she didn't know how to use them, and she stuck herself to Howie rather than build relationships with others and be part of the game when she had many chances (Helen and Elissa for example). I'm not sure she even wanted to be there - she was a recruit not a fan, so might have come in thinking this was an easy summer job and her ticket to fame, and those are the last people I want to actually win this thing.

vCash
    I was never a fan of Candice the BB player, just Candice the person. I'm sure she's having a great time by the pool with Judd (if they are indeed at the house), working on how to extend her 15 seconds of fame as she never really wanted to play BB---see her last week in the house when she refused to work a deal out with Judd.

vCash
    If anyone cares, Andy did not use the veto so the noms are the same.

I can't see the house flipping to vote out Spencer over Jessie but you never know. So the feeds will be 3+ days of Andy lying to Jessie she's safe, Helen planning some big move that she'll never make, McCranda sex, GM obsessing over Nick and bashing Candice, Aaryn being a raging b*tch, and Elissa doing Yoga.

At least Jessie is leaving with having tried to get out Amanda. She went about it all the wrong way but she really didn't have much to work with. I started out disliking her with "I'm the hottest girl here and where's my showmance" but when you put her up against most of the others, she turned out not so bad. My most lasting memory of her will be her telling Amanda off.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Agree re Jessie - I thought she was another Delusional Danielle from last season (the one who told all kinds of lies about herself that she seemed to believe, and chased after one of the guys all summer while doing everything Dan told her to do), and I think the producers did too as they seemed to make a point of showing her in a bad light in the first few eps. It turned for me when she showed a lot of poise while Jeremy was trying to take her bed, and then in her fights with Amanda or Candice or whoever (I can't even keep track anymore!). She did have some game insights, but it was too little too late. I almost feel like if she was five years older she'd have had a shot at the whole thing.

vCash
    A funny tidbit I read on Jokers: GM and Aaryn on couches. GM just asked how many 1/4th are in a cup. Aaryn says 4. GM: Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    A funny tidbit I read on Jokers: GM and Aaryn on couches. GM just asked how many 1/4th are in a cup. Aaryn says 4. GM: Wow.
    That's the first math problem Aaryn's gotten right this summer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Ay, caramba.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Sounds like Jessie is going out in a big way - she knows she's toast, so has decided to blow up the house on her way out, revealing every sekret she knows (including various efforts to get out Amanda and/or Helen) and pitting everyone against each other. From what I can tell, she hasn't told any lies, and Helen has been in overdrive trying to manage it all.

Also amusing that Helen keeps going ON AND ON about how Jessie said that she and Amanda didn't need the money - when in truth, Jessie said it once weeks ago and later apologized sincerely, and it's now the one person who apparently doesn't want anyone to think that way that is keeping it alive by repeating it over and over - Helen herself.

Another development was a fight between GM and Aaryn - sounds like GM is just itching for a fight with anyone and Jessie somehow sparked it - but this actually works in Aaryn's favour. She's been doing a great job of playing Switzerland for weeks now, with her only Achilles heel being GM. She has said that she is worried that GM's crazy will rub off on her and hurt her game and has been trying to figure out how to distance herself without hurting GM (or GM's vote) - and looks like Jessie and GM might have done it for her. Plus Helen will love it as she thinks she owns Aaryn.

I think Aaryn or Andy could win this thing because everyone else is turning on each other.

vCash
    Don't blame Jessie at all for going out in a big way. She's been trying for weeks to have the house make a big move--voting out Amanda-- but no one was wiling to stick their neck out so she might as well make as much chaos as she can as she heads for the door. And then she can head off to juryland and get it on with Judd!

It pains me that Aaryn is sitting so pretty now. Oh well, CBS deserves her as their winner for choosing ratings over decency.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Big Brother US (Season 15)

I don't think CBS chose ratings. They couldn't know how Aaryn would be. They did try to knock her out, some twists clearly seemed designed to get her out but it didn't work. Aaryn is actually playing a great game now and I find myself reluctantly rooting for her. She toned it down and turned her game around. I can respect her as a game player.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Agree. And while I do think she's said a lot of things that no one should ever say, I don't believe she's a racist, but rather someone who's heard lots of stuff like that all her life and didn't fully realize the implications. I do think that like many her age, she has a mean girl side and the insults and put downs often include things that cross the line into racism - but I don't think it's been intentional on her part. Too me, she says "go make rice" to an Asian person the same way she'd say "go eat rice" to a fat person. Neither is nice of course, but the point is that I don't think she realizes that some of what she says crosses that racist line.

But I do think, given the way she's been able to completely turn herself around in the game, that she's capable of learning from all this. I think after the initial shock and emotion of losing her contracts and the public reaction, I think she could very well learn from this and change her ways in the future. Word was that her family hired a PR person - probably to deal with the media bugging the family as much as anything, and because they are apparently private to the point that they did not sign CBS's waivers - and if that person is any good they will find a way for Aaryn to give some carefully placed interviews in the weeks following the show. If she is humble and shows that she fully understands things and carries herself with poise, I think she might get herself an entertainment career after all - especially if she uses the opportunity to try and do some good out there.

And wouldn't CBS do well but supporting her rehabilitation/redemption - Julie could invite her on The View for a heart to heart when all the dust has settled, and if it goes well, it could do everyone a lot of good.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't think CBS chose ratings. They couldn't know how Aaryn would be. They did try to knock her out, some twists clearly seemed designed to get her out but it didn't work.
    But if they didn't try to manipulate anything, and just let the words of ALL the houseguests stand for themselves (meaning far more than Aaryn would have been outed for their vile comments on the show), things probably would have worked themselves out. Plus, BB is responsible for the cast, and they've been casting increasingly hateful people for years. I do wonder if we'll start seeing more of the things Amanda has said on the show, since she is quickly becoming the Official Villain. CBS screwed up when they chose her to be the Designated Keeping It Real contact with Aaryn about what she'd been saying.

Glad Jessie is making a mess for the rest on her way out. Funny thing about Jessie - I missed all the pre-show, and the first week, and I never would have guessed that she came in with that "I'm the hottest, where's my showmance" attitude. From the moment I've been following, she's been an "Elena"....a girl who wants so hard to be popular and liked, especially by the boys, but no one likes her and for whatever reason normal filters of how you treat a person don't exist, because the cool kids know that she'll keep begging for scraps no matter how poorly they treat her. No one listens to her even when she's right, and she couldn't buy an alliance.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Its just not the racism that I have a problem with Aaryn, its all the other stuff. Someone on TWOP pulled a clip from early July where she admitted to getting into a fight with a gay guy and to put him in his place, she outed him to his fraternity. She was happy she had done that. The girl is just vile.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Its just not the racism that I have a problem with Aaryn, its all the other stuff. Someone on TWOP pulled a clip from early July where she admitted to getting into a fight with a gay guy and to put him in his place, she outed him to his fraternity. She was happy she had done that. The girl is just vile.
    oh, I've no doubt about that. that "whachoo gon do gurl" moment showed that her brain automatically goes to the darkest places to avenge the tiniest (perceived) slight. She just thinks that's an appropriate response.

I haven't checked on evicted houseguests for a while, but I wonder if Kaitlin and Nick are still saying how great she is, and how she's "not really like that"? I'm sure Jeremy is, but he probably does think everything she's said and done is totally hunky dory.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The only thing I have read is that Kaitlin said she wants nothing to do with Aaryn post show. I expect Nick is in hiding for the reminder of the year.

As for Jeremy, he'll probably try to hook up with Aaryn at the finale.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Glad Jessie is making a mess for the rest on her way out. Funny thing about Jessie - I missed all the pre-show, and the first week, and I never would have guessed that she came in with that "I'm the hottest, where's my showmance" attitude. From the moment I've been following, she's been an "Elena"....a girl who wants so hard to be popular and liked, especially by the boys, but no one likes her and for whatever reason normal filters of how you treat a person don't exist, because the cool kids know that she'll keep begging for scraps no matter how poorly they treat her. No one listens to her even when she's right, and she couldn't buy an alliance.
    It was quite something In the intros to HGs on the first show, she said "I'm always the prettiest girl in the room" and then in the first moments after they went in the house, she said to a few of the guys something like "girls are always jealous of me, because ..." and then she just gestured to herself and the guys nodded. She really wanted a showmance in there too, and was upset when everyone but her was hooking up.

I really thought they had purposely cast another Delusional Danielle (and maybe that was their intent), but she's turned out to be a lot more than that. I don't think this experience will shake her initial views of herself though - her family and friends will likely feed that fire by telling her none of those boys were worth it and she definitely was prettier than any of those nasty girls.

Definitely vile, and inexcusable. And definitely deliberate and done with intent. But was it homophobic? Or would she equally have told his frat something else designed to embarrass him, like say that he wets the bed?

I think a true racist is hard to change, but I do think that a mean girl can grow up, realize what she's done, and become a better person.

The only thing I have read is that Kaitlin said she wants nothing to do with Aaryn post show. I expect Nick is in hiding for the reminder of the year.

As for Jeremy, he'll probably try to hook up with Aaryn at the finale.
    Sounds like Nick is already active on the alumni circuit making friends with other past HGs, and he's likely looking forward to the party in Vegas. I do hope he lets GM down gently though, because as things get worse for her in the house and then really, really bad when she gets out, she seems to be hanging onto the idea of Nick in a very unhealthy way. I truly hope she has a supportive but not enabling family and close friends around her to get through this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Definitely vile, and inexcusable. And definitely deliberate and done with intent. But was it homophobic? Or would she equally have told his frat something else designed to embarrass him, like say that he wets the bed?

I think a true racist is hard to change, but I do think that a mean girl can grow up, realize what she's done, and become a better person.
    The fact that she called him "queer boy" in describing what went down I do believe Aaryn doesn't like gays along with being vile, racist, etc.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm reminded of an incident from years ago when he was still early in his competitive career - Yagudin apparently got in an altercation at a bar somewhere in the US and called the bouncer the N word. Now, it's entirely possible he's all kinds of racist and knew exactly what he was saying and what it meant. At the same time, I recall his English was still pretty bad at that point and I wondered if he really understood the history of the word and how unacceptable it is in America - after all, much of his exposure to American culture at that point would likely have been through American movies and music at that point, and if that's all you'd been exposed to, I could see where you might think this was a word that hip urban types use all the time. The big question would be whether or not he learned then or later what he it really meant, and if he continues to use the slur today, but I don't know the answer to that.

Similarly, if my gay friends are anything to go by, queer is a word that's thrown around both as a normal reference and sometimes in a derogatory way, plus it's publicly used by the community as well in reference to events for example. So again, while I don't disagree that what Aaryn did was nasty and came from a dark place in her heart, does it really demonstrate that she's a homophobe and wishes ill of all gay people, or does it mean that she's a mean girl who wanted to say something to hurt this particular gay man only?

Not trying to argue with you - just interested in the topic in general. It's been so prevalent this summer with Paula Deen then the Zimmerman trial and now Big Brother, and it's given me pause to think about the issues alot and I welcome the discussion and peoples' perspectives.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't get the comments in this thread about respecting Aaryn's game play. She is a vile, racist, homophobic 22 year old ADULT. If she was 14, I might (might!!!) cut her some slack (but probably not). I'm sure there are Klan members who can play chess like nobody's business, but I would never say that I respected how well they play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sounds like Jessie is going out in a big way - she knows she's toast, so has decided to blow up the house on her way out, revealing every sekret she knows (including various efforts to get out Amanda and/or Helen) and pitting everyone against each other. From what I can tell, she hasn't told any lies, and Helen has been in overdrive trying to manage it all.
    If I felt I had been mistreated, or alienated by people playing it safe instead of working with me to out bigger targets, I would do what Jessie is doing. Shine a light on all the secrets that have been kept quiet. Or maybe even tell secrets that aren't true...directing anger towards those who I feel have played the game hurtfully or deserve less than others to be there. You can still play a game if nobody wants to play "the" game with you. Those who go out quietly don't realize they can still affect the game in a big way by taking action before the door hits them on the way out!

It pains me that Aaryn is sitting so pretty now. Oh well, CBS deserves her as their winner for choosing ratings over decency.
    Me too. At least there's youtube and people compiling clips of the horrid things people are saying and doing.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I just finished last night's BBAD. Jesse and Helen got into an argument. Apparently there were dramatic house meetings over night. I HOPE Jesse goes out with a bang.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast