Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Anyone know how Jennifer Parker (GER) got on?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Anyone know how Jennifer Parker (GER) got on?
    Parker did not compete in the SP; I don't know about the FS yesterday.

Top 2 (of 3) in Friday's SP: Yasmin Siraj 54.32, Kiri Baga 50.92
    Via Twitter: "@SarahandDrew: Boston Open sr ladies SP results. Thanks to the kind person who sent this!" http://pic.twitter.com/nZA5TbJKZJ

ETA that Parker is not listed in the FS results that @SarahandDrew tweeted this morning:
    "Boston Open sr ladies FS results: Baga 95.22 Siraj 86.12 Pastore 60.03 Magill 59.36 McDonough 50.19"
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Wow, Kiri beat Yasmin. Didn't expect that to happen. Good early season marks for her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    And I realize costumes aren't done this early, but even a practice dress would have been nice. I remember when skaters used to dress up even for regular practice. Lately when I skate, I look around and think, am I at yoga?!
    Sometimes skaters wear practice outfits in an effort to make these early outings feel more like practice and less like a competition when they don't feel as ready as they'd like to be.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I love the theme, but I wish the lifts weren't all at the end.
    I agree, I hate all the lifts in the last half, but those are some of the joys of COP.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    [QUOTE=olympic;3943901]ITA. Landing jumps seems to be a major issue and they aren't going to go anywhere unless that gets fixed. In fact, I see them sliding down the US ranks if it isn't fixed.

delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There are some gorgeous moments in Donlan/Speroff's LP. I especially love that they've put that stunning lift that goes all the way around the rink as the final element. Sadly, the jumps are the same as ever though and now she can't even hit the throws w/ any consistency.
    The concept of this program and the teams extension are lovely. Yet beyond what reese said, the death spiral isn't good and they are really, really slow. Can he be that out of shape that he looks like he might die after the program?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    The concept of this program and the teams extension are lovely. Yet beyond what reese said, the death spiral isn't good and they are really, really slow. Can he be that out of shape that he looks like he might die after the program?
    LOL. He doesn't look to be out of shape to me. I am assuming, along with most pair teams that they have only recently begun running full run throughs of this program. Keeping that in mind, I would think that it would be difficult to complete a program such as this, especially with all three lifts and both throws in the last half of the program. Since it appears from the protocals for Zhang and Bartholomay from last weekend that they are also attempting three lifts in the second half of their program and did not get credit for their last lift, that this is not an easy feat, so I would commend Speroff for keeping the lift up and successfully completing it rather than focusing on the fact that he looked tired. My gosh their last carry lift covers almost the full length around the ice from start to finish. Yes I agree the death spiral needs some improvement.

I also had heard through the grapevine that Donlan and Speroff have been out to Colorado Springs once or twice this Spring working with a couple of coaches out there on their jumps, so hopefully some of their issues in this performance were again based more on the newness of the program rather than continuing jump issues. Obviously they have a lot more to prove (more than any other US team) given their past history, but from what I have heard I am cautiously optimistic (after Ft Wayne where they were credited with clean 3 toes) and from comments from those who saw them in the Springs that they are addressing their jump issues and that everyone will see some improvement this season.
    Last edited by hippychick; 06-26-2013 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    That's good to hear about Donlan/Speroff. Are they scheduled to compete at Skate Detroit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Wow, Kiri beat Yasmin. Didn't expect that to happen. Good early season marks for her!
    Yasmin never skates very well in the summer. Usually she gets a slow start to the season and gets a lot better later on, as evidence by her 6th and 8th place finishes at Nationals (2012 was worse but she had a few injuries then, IIRC). Kiri usually seems to skate about the same through the whole season, but it is nice to see she is still doing decently in singles since taking on pairs.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Results are published: http://www.neicc.org/results/2013%20...lts/index.html

Stephen Carriere scored 67.11 (SP), 141.62 (FS), and 208.73 (Total) as the only Senior Men's competitor.

Donlan/Speroff scored 92.44 in the debut of their FS in exhibition: http://www.neicc.org/results/2013%20...ts/SEG012.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12