Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    It's interesting that the media has been quick to report companies that are severing their ties with Dean, but are pretty much ignoring those that are not. There is a local company that markets under her brand. They ran an article in the local paper how they are not severing ties and felt she'd done all she could do with her apology. I guess that's not nearly as salacious as the main stream media's intent.

Well, if it's a local company, are you surprised that it hasn't been picked up by national news coverage? They ran an article in the local paper, so some media has already covered it. The problem is that it's a local company.

Of course, the media always likes to focus on the negative, but this isn't new at all. It happens all the time, but people pay attention to it when they feel sympathetic towards the subject of that negative attention. Anyway, she already has tons of sympathizers, so it's not like all is lost with her. Give her a year or so, a new PR team, some media lessons, and she'll be ripe for a comeback.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Well, if it's a local company, are you surprised that it hasn't been picked up by national news coverage? They ran an article in the local paper, so some media has already covered it. The problem is that it's a local company.

Of course, the media always likes to focus on the negative, but this isn't new at all. It happens all the time, but people pay attention to it when they feel sympathetic towards the subject of that negative attention. Anyway, she already has tons of sympathizers, so it's not like all is lost with her. Give her a year or so, a new PR team, some media lessons, and she'll be ripe for a comeback.
    They are a local company that sells nationally. Locally they use one name and nationally the product is sold under Paula Dean's name. They are actually quite large in scope.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    They are a local company that sells nationally. Locally they use one name and nationally the product is sold under Paula Dean's name. They are actually quite large in scope.
    What company is it?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Locally, they market as Teay's Valley. They sell various products such as biscuit and gravies and different baking mixes.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Blergh
    vCash
    I did find a Dailymail article, a post from Democratic Underground, and a post on FB about it. The coverage is small, but Teay's Valley just not as nationally known as Food Network, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and Target. I mean had one of those organizations overtly stated that they were sticking behind Paula Deen, I do think the coverage would have been bigger, as would have the public commentary than with Teay's Valley. I mean even in the Dailymail article I've read, the writer had to explain what Teay's Valley manufactures/distributes. Those other companies don't really need that sort of explanation.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122