Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open 2013

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Adelina Sotnikova: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElYNEi0SqUw

It's really sad to see her struggle like this. She has so much talent; hopefully, she can regroup and skate like we know she can. The choreography and costuming for this program do her no favors, IMO. They make her look like a junior skater. She's capable of much more!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    I know Joannie won't be in Sochi as a competitor, but this program was absolutely beautiful. It floors me that she doesn't train competitive programs for most of the year, yet when it comes time, she has the ability to put a program like this together and skate lights out. That is a true competitor and why she is so missed out there. That being said, not having the weight of the world on her shoulders has really freed her to go out there and just do it her own way and I have nothing but respect and admiration for her. Beautiful
    Kyle

vCash

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I know Joannie won't be in Sochi as a competitor, but this program was absolutely beautiful. It floors me that she doesn't train competitive programs for most of the year, yet when it comes time, she has the ability to put a program like this together and skate lights out. That is a true competitor and why she is so missed out there. That being said, not having the weight of the world on her shoulders has really freed her to go out there and just do it her own way and I have nothing but respect and admiration for her. Beautiful
    Absolutely gorgeous..It goes to show that pro skaters CAN keep up their skills. I am hoping that Jamie Sale saw this one..How refreshing to see someone 4 yrs away from competition go out and do more than a few twirls and some ugly National Geographic leaps.

vCash
    I can't believe I am bored watching Takahashi's program. He is usually so magnetic and electrifying. It's a very boring program and the music editing is utterly incoherent. His long and flowing skating is the only enjoyable element to watch. Unfortunately there is nothing else that catches the attention.

OTOH, I'm pleasantly surprised by Sotnikova's program, which has some unique and memorable choreographic points.

vCash

vCash
    Joannie skated so free and was so expressive and joyous. She's such a beautiful skater now and her loop was as explosive as ever. I had tears in my eyes watching her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Joannie skated so free and was so expressive and joyous. She's such a beautiful skater now. I had tears in my eyes watching her.
    Me too.

vCash
    Jeremy Abbott: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYPNHglv2YA

A GREAT positive that Jeremy can take away from this skate is knowing that he increased his stamina as the program progressed through to the end. Much improved from last season!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Overall, I like Ashley's program. Love the transitions, especially in the beginning. It's very encouraging that she's handling it so well so early in the season.

Not sure how she got L4 for her final combo spin, though. I thought you had to show 2 positions on each foot to get L4?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Overall, I like Ashley's program. Love the transitions, especially in the beginning. It's very encouraging that she's handling it so well so early in the season.

Not sure how she got L4 for her final combo spin, though. I thought you had to show 2 positions on each foot to get L4?
    2 features on each foot. So she did back entrance and layover on the right leg, then hopped to the left for broken leg.

vCash
    Rochette's FS brought me to tears, it's absolutely stunning, and I really appreciated the level of maturity, artistry, and attention to every little detail and the jumps were still explosive; hmmn even her spirals have improved - WOW,WOW,WOW. She was one with the music -a perfect harmony of body, mind and spirit.

This is a real lady, with everything that word implies, not a girl skating. Some things do get better with age, and Joannie is definitely one of those things! I am just so impressed with her professionalism - keeping, even improving her skating skills these last 4 years, while still developing an even greater level of artistry. A true role model...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I adore Mao's LP. She chose Rachmaninov for both Olympic seasons; and I did not care much for her LP in 2010, but this, I love. I think she matches the music's power- and the expenditure of energy must be enormous, for such a power skate from a typically lyrical performer. Musical accents are all there. I think I need to rewatch
    I agree. Too bad about the mistakes but that step sequence was bad-ass. As a fan, I realistically don't expect her to win gold, but I hope she eventually skates this program cleaner. I think Ashley's has a lot of potential as well and I LOVE her music.

vCash
    Sweet! thanks, CTT
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Thanks for the links! I really liked Ashley's fs. The only complaint I have is that they could have well used a bit more familiar cuts for that music. With more mileage to that program, I think it could be superb.

I'm underwhelmed with Mao's new (or is it, really?) program. AGAIN.

vCash
    Joannie was mesmerising!!!! Have we heard what her plans are yet or is she still being hush-hush about it, besides saying that she still wants to be amateur. I wonder if part of the success she is having and the level of skating is because there is absolutely no pressure. She at times was the greatest skater under pressure, and when the pressure was off she was amazing! That program is definitely gold medal worthy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat decaro View Post
    Thanks for the links! I really liked Ashley's fs. The only complaint I have is that they could have well used a bit more familiar cuts for that music. With more mileage to that program, I think it could be superb.

I'm underwhelmed with Mao's new (or is it, really?) program. AGAIN.
    I'm so glad she went with parts of the score that haven't been skated to. I think with more mileage and a speedier fw sequence this program can put up big scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat decaro View Post
    Haha, I really like it precisely because it doesn't use the same over-used cuts!

vCash
    Joannie rocks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Me too.
    Me three, so beautiful. She always have great performance at Japan open!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast