Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open 2013

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Asada
    Asada landed 3A(over turn), 3F-2Lo and 3Lz with good flow. In the second half she landed 2A and popped the second 3T into 2T in the cascade, landed 3S(hand down) and showed beautiful 3F-2Lo-2Lo and 3Lo. After finishing she looked satisfied with her performance. Marked 135.16(new pb)
    I don't think it's her oficial new PB, because Japan Open isn't ISU competition. She did great job though, I hope she'll show her best at the olympics.

vCash
    Here comes the result
    http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNatio...4/jo/index.htm

This thread is gonna be a battle field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    I don't think it's her oficial new PB, because Japan Open isn't ISU competition. She did great job though, I hope she'll show her best at the olympics.
    It might be my mistake. Actually Sponavi said "over her pb" so I changed my original post. Thank you.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    It continually amazes me that Rochette skates so well at this event year after year after year when she hasn't had a coach since the 2010 Olympics and doesn't train anywhere as much as her Olympic eligible competitors here. Ever since she's been coachless, she has managed to finish 1st or 2nd in this event, which is really impressive. It seems being a professional skater has freed her. She looks so stunning! I can't wait to watch her performance! Congratulations, Joannie!

vCash
    Are there any reports of Joannie planning a comeback? Really impressive, can't wait to see it.

Meanwhile, here is Takahashi's long program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLwXd4ZSiM

vCash
    Wow, impressive start! Congrats, Mao!

vCash
    Good start for Ashley, too! Wow, above Adelina and Kanako. Right onnnnnnnnnn!!!!! Ashley knows that she has to pump-up the difficulty to be in contention for Sochi medal.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Woah, what the heck is Adelina wearing here?

I wished people (on other boards, at least) would stop making me feel like a bad Daisuke fan because his LP here didn't convert me into a sobbing ball of tears. It's early in the season, and Dai has never been consistent! Remember how generally good his 2011-2012 season was? And still he had outings like his GPF SP, that was beyond messy. Last season he started by winning JO, but it didn't help him all that much. I don't think this one performance here holds that much merit... let's wait until the GP with getting worried.

But huge, huuuuuuge yeah's for Kozu and Javi!

And I get that one could argue Mao's score is too high, but does it fall that much out of line compared to what she got at the GPF 12 or worlds 13? Yes, it's higher, but JO isn't an official ISU competition, and there are generally certain... differences between ISU and non-ISU competitions.
    Regardless of the scoring, given that Mao is usually not an early season skater at all, that was an amazing outing!

vCash
    Kudos to Ashley for landing 3-3 combo! Love her dress - great color! - but would love it more if it were more defining at the waist.

Booby Prize among costumes: TACKY LONG SILVERY-WHITE GLOVES on Adelina. I hope that she dumps the long gloves - all gloves - before the Grand Prix season. Maybe she can wear last year's fabulous LP dress?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Mao overscored? Based on GPF and Worlds last season, I don't think so. Mao did pretty well in JO this time.

GPF 2012: TES: 63.45 PCS: 66.39
    Worlds 2013: TES: 65.96 PCS: 68.41
    JO 2013: TES: 67.39 PCS: 67.77

vCash
    I haven't paid much attention to pro skating. Does Joannie still have her beautiful triple lutz?

vCash
    Mao Asada:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kk5ZxvYWHs

Ashley Wagner
    http://youtu.be/hnRcac6xfMg

Many thanks to the person who uploaded.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I'm guessing Takahashi is allowed to outscore everybody else on the program components although he fell two times, he underrotated his only quad and popped the second 3A into a single axel and his TES was lower than Fernandez's by some 27 points. Would Chan have received a score like that, it would have certainly been blatant overmarking by the judges.

vCash
    I adore Mao's LP. She chose Rachmaninov for both Olympic seasons; and I did not care much for her LP in 2010, but this, I love. I think she matches the music's power- and the expenditure of energy must be enormous, for such a power skate from a typically lyrical performer. Musical accents are all there. I think I need to rewatch
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Joannie needs to think about coming back!
    According to this article, she's keeping her amateur status (she refused to take part in Battle of the Blades for that reason), so we never know!

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autres...2_section_POS3

vCash
    I'm not feeling the programs of Wagner nor Asada. Maybe they just need time to grow on me. Ashley needs much more speed and power in her basic skating to make this a convincing program to me. Mao had a lot of jump technique issues and sloppy mistakes throughout. Her step sequence is fabulous though!

On the flip side, I LOVE Takahashi's Beatles medley. He is so dashing! I love his skating skills and that he feels every note of his music. Beautiful! If only I could have a men's Olympic podium consisting of Abbott, Takahashi, Kozuka, or Gachinski.

vCash
    Last edited by iceberg08; 10-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg08 View Post
    WOW! 6 clean triples with beautiful technique. I've always appreciated Joannie's skating skills. Amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    According to this article, she's keeping her amateur status (she refused to take part in Battle of the Blades for that reason), so we never know!

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autres...2_section_POS3
    She looks as fit as ever, her jumps are still gorgeous and her program and skating have matured into something very special. That program is perfect for her and she looks really inspiring...yo add 2 lutzes there and she's a contender. She has the pcs to rival mao and Carolina

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast