Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Japan Open 2013

vCash
    Machida is lovely and I really enjoyed his version of East of Eden. Enjoyed it when Kwan used it and also Machida's version as well.

vCash
    OMG can we please just give Japan six slots for men at the Olympics already? They are all too good to be left home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    OMG can we please just give Japan six slots for men at the Olympics already? They are all too good to be left home!
    Yes, let's all write a petition to IOC. Give Japan six spots!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Tatsuki Machida skated his short program to "East of Eden" at Carnival on Ice(the gala show of JO). Oh my..this is one of the most favorite Olympic programs in this season, which I've seen so far. Love his artistry!

many thanks to the youtube user
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLnhwh9Rl8

I posted the translation of Machida's interviews at Kinki Regionals in the thread of Japanese skaters. He talked a bit of his "East of Eden".
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4005656

Thanks, rosewood, have to check this out, as I love Michelle's version (of course) and Rachael's (ditto).

Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    I don't understand Lori's music editing for Dai's LP.
    I have expected Dai's Beatles such as Abbott's 'a day in the life' SP feel.
    Is Lori too focused on Caro & D10?
    I agree, t.mann.

I suppose it was because Jeremy Abbott's was such a true masterpiece that I was expecting something similar from Daisuke, another artist on ice, therefore I was a tad disappointed by his Beatles program. However, I am confident that Daisuke can make something out of anything!, so am not too worried.

vCash
    Daisuke's interview just released today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpjkb...usGIpfPRmhr4LV

Where he explains of his new Free Program saying that at the 4th song out of Beatles Medley, i.e. In My Life, he is figuring a shape "S" in his footwork and do create a heart shape with his arms; and when Lori did this choreography she asked him to thank for his skating life, thank for the history of skating, and thank for the audience when he skates.

When Daisuke was explaining this, he was almost in tear. What a program, thank Lori !!

vCash
    There is something about EOE that immediately grabs you, and when it is skated to well it is overwhelming .

vCash
    Are the protocols available yet? Ashley's score (119) is not that much higher than Mirai's at Finlandia (110), so I wonder if she had a few ur's too. She has her work cut out for her imo.

vCash
    From earlier in the thread:
    Wagner had 2 < called: 3F+3T< and 3Lo<+2T.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Are the protocols available yet? Ashley's score (119) is not that much higher than Mirai's at Finlandia (110), so I wonder if she had a few ur's too. She has her work cut out for her imo.
    Here you go:

Credit goes to rosewood from post #83 of this thread:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    From earlier in the thread:

Wagner had 2 < called: 3F+3T< and 3Lo<+2T.
    I have no doubt that AW will correct the UR issues at least on the 3loop. Her 3f-3t was better than I expected but most importantly, she was so happy after the LP. Big psychological barrier overcome with landing a reasonably good 3-3 IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    If she wants to earn more points, Ashley needs to work on her spin levels, too.

Mao got level 4s for all her spins.

A few other interesting things from the protocol:

Joannie Rochette got all positive GOE on *every* element. It's not often you see a clean protocol like that.

Adelina Sotnikova got zero credit for her choreo sequence, but I'm not sure why. She held her spiral for 3 seconds by my count. Perhaps it was a lack of ice coverage.

vCash
    ^Ashley just needs to -

1. Go for LV 4's on her non-jump elements;
    2. Make sure the 3f-3t is rotated;
    3. I would throw in the 3l -seq. - 2x as her 4th jumping pass at the 2:00 mark

All of the above is doable at this point. She would solidly plant herself as World #4 ranked lady and perhaps ready herself to pounce should Mao or Carolina make a few errors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    If she wants to earn more points, Ashley needs to work on her spin levels, too.

Mao got level 4s for all her spins.

A few other interesting things from the protocol:

Joannie Rochette got all positive GOE on *every* element. It's not often you see a clean protocol like that.

Adelina Sotnikova got zero credit for her choreo sequence, but I'm not sure why. She held her spiral for 3 seconds by my count. Perhaps it was a lack of ice coverage.
    And deservedly so, you can see, even without the lutz, and only repeating the 2 easiest triples you can score well by racking up the GOE. This is why Yuna Kim achieves such high scores from the + on GOE from every single element she does (especially the jumps).

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011