Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 Boston Open - live, free webcast, June 21-22

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Here's the link to the free, live Boston Open webcast. Competition begins tomorrow at 9am! http://www.eventvideocompany.com/201..._bo_201306.htm
    In past years, the video stream hasn't been archived for later viewing.

Schedule of events (Friday 6/21 & Sat. 6/22): http://www.scboston.org/wp-content/u...hedule-3.0.pdf

Senior Pairs (Saturday 2:50-3:05 PM Eastern time): Baga/Toth are doing their SP ("Be Italian" from Nine) and Donlan/Speroff are debuting their FS ("Pas de Deux" from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker).

Yasmin Siraj and Kiri Baga are scheduled to compete in Senior Ladies, along with Jennifer Parker of Germany. Siraj and Stephen Carriere are making their season debuts here.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-20-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Does anyone have a direct link to the stream? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the site they provided.

Oh, now on the website:
    DUE TO CONNECTIVITY ISSUES AT THE RINK WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO LIVESTREAM THIS EVENT. We are continuing to work on the problem and will get it up if it is at all possible. Our apologies!

vCash
    Does anyone have a direct link to the stream? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the site they provided.

Oh, now on the website:

Is it supposed to be free? I noticed on the previous link that they are charging $20.

vCash
    It is free, the $20 is if you want to purchase a DVD of an event.

vCash
    It is free, the $20 is if you want to purchase a DVD of an event.
    Okay, great! It might help if I actually read the website. Thanks Jenna.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I hope they get the stream working for tomorrow!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Okay, great! It might help if I actually read the website. Thanks Jenna.
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I hope they get the stream working for tomorrow!
    Me too! I always enjoy this competition. It might have something to do with the fact that SCoB is using their new rink in Brighton for the first time for this event..

vCash
    It might have something to do with the fact that SCoB is using their new rink in Brighton for the first time for this event..
    Not yet. Still in our current home on Soldiers Field Road

vCash
    Oh, pardon me! I thought y'all had moved already.

vCash
    I might be able to make it there tomorrow...and will try to post some videos if I do.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I was told "It's not looking good for a live stream" after the tech. guys worked on it for hours yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I might be able to make it there tomorrow...and will try to post some videos if I do.
    Senior Pairs, please, if possible!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Baga/Toth skated well, with a nice throw 3sal but I think his toe only went around twice before he opened up. 46.09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MenFS...ature=youtu.be

Donlan/Speroff didn't have the best warm-up, but the program suits their style perfectly and even with some of the jump issues (throw 3 loop and her SBS 2axel), it built very nicely at the end. Looking forward to seeing it develop throughout the season. Video should be uploaded eventually under the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXYLo...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by ioana; 06-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Donlan & Speroff's LP is gorgeous. If only she was a better jumper. Their throws used to be so secure, but she's even splatting on those now. I know it's awhile until the season even starts yet, but I'm concerned about those throws.

vCash
    Speroff is such an elegant and cavalier partner, the program is beautiful, I truly hope the jumps can be corrected before the competitive season begins.

vCash
    I love the theme, but I wish the lifts weren't all at the end. They were all gorgeous, though. Their extension is amazing. Usually the guy is not as flexible, but he can keep up.

I wish pairs didn't have to jump....

And I realize costumes aren't done this early, but even a practice dress would have been nice. I remember when skaters used to dress up even for regular practice. Lately when I skate, I look around and think, am I at yoga?!

vCash
    There are some gorgeous moments in Donlan/Speroff's LP. I especially love that they've put that stunning lift that goes all the way around the rink as the final element. Sadly, the jumps are the same as ever though and now she can't even hit the throws w/ any consistency. It's just heartbreaking, as they have unequaled style and flair. Still, this LP is so similar in every way to the Sleeping Beauty LP from the last two years. It definitely works for them, but a small amount of artistic growth would have been nice to see.

Baga/Toth's SP is just all wrong for them. The choreography and silly music doesn't work, especially for him. They should ditch it and get something else; there is still time.

vCash
    Donlan/Speroff's program was nice, but it seems like a bit of a rehash of their Sleeping Beauty program that they used two seasons in a row. I like them, though, so I'm hoping the program grows on me a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Still, this LP is so similar in every way to the Sleeping Beauty LP from the last two years. It definitely works for them, but a small amount of artistic growth would have been nice to see..
    My thoughts exactly. I love the Pad de Deux, and it suits them nicely, but they could definitely have worn their competition outfits from the last 2 seasons, since stylistically, this is pretty much exactly the same thing.

vCash
    ioana thanks for uploading the videos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There are some gorgeous moments in Donlan/Speroff's LP. I especially love that they've put that stunning lift that goes all the way around the rink as the final element. Sadly, the jumps are the same as ever though and now she can't even hit the throws w/ any consistency. It's just heartbreaking, as they have unequaled style and flair. Still, this LP is so similar in every way to the Sleeping Beauty LP from the last two years. It definitely works for them, but a small amount of artistic growth would have been nice to see.
    ITA. Landing jumps seems to be a major issue and they aren't going to go anywhere unless that gets fixed. In fact, I see them sliding down the US ranks if it isn't fixed.

Baga/Toth's SP is just all wrong for them. The choreography and silly music doesn't work, especially for him. They should ditch it and get something else; there is still time.
    Not sure how I feel about this. At least, they have improved since their first outing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast