vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    No, sell it as a reality show.
    "You have been COP'd."
    "The Federation has spoken."
    "These are your skate guards."
    "Please pack your skates and go."
    "I'm sorry, but you are not the Biggest Diva."
    Last edited by Vagabond; 06-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Has Marina been in the US since SLC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Has Marina been in the US since SLC?
    They did COI in the summer of 2002 but they had left before the T. thing had been uncovered since that didn't happen until the summer of 2002. Since then, as far as I know, she hasn't been back. I'm not sure if she'd have been allowed in, at least not without consequences/conditions/difficulties.

vCash
    Annissina was in some taped conversations but blocking her from the u.s.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Annissina was in some taped conversations but blocking her from the u.s.?
    I think it was Mr T's alleged affiliation with the Russian mafia and Marina knowing him that is responsible for that. I did read that her visa was revoked afterwards and if that happens once, it's very difficult to get back into the US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    I think it was Mr T's alleged affiliation with the Russian mafia and Marina knowing him that is responsible for that. I did read that her visa was revoked afterwards and if that happens once, it's very difficult to get back into the US.
    For what reason would she need a visa? As a French citizen, she is entitled to a visa waiver for most visits of ninety days or less.

vCash
    Vagabond beat me to it, but I am fairly sure that France is indeed part of the visa waiver program. Or do skaters need a visa that allows them to work in the US?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Vagabond beat me to it, but I am fairly sure that France is indeed part of the visa waiver program. Or do skaters need a visa that allows them to work in the US?
    What I know for sure is that you're not allowed to earn money through either the visa waiver or the simple tourist visa, in the US. I would think that athlete, especially those doing shows, fall under the "earning money" category even if they're not paid by a US organisation. But that's just an assumption. However, there are athlete visas, so I suppose she would have needed that. I remember I was a bit confused myself, I even read somewhere that she had had a Green Card which, unless she won the Diversity Lottery, I strongly doubt.
    Visa regulations in the US must be one of, if not the most complicated visa regulations world wide, it's one big confusing pile of immigrant and non-immigrant visas!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Any notion of her returning as a serious Olympic-eligible contender is ridiculous rubbish. I had deep-belly laughter at the very notion of her coming back.

vCash
    Athletes from visa-waiver countries need a visa only if they are competing for prize money: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi....html#overview.

Unless Anissina & Peizerat are somehow angling for a spot as substitutes at Skate America, that's not really an issue for them. And I doubt that Marina Anissina wants to do any long-term work in the United States.

vCash
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130626/670358981.html

This article was posted on GS and I read it with Google Translate,but apparently Anissina and Peizerat will start training in July.

This is just insane!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post

This article was posted on GS and I read it with Google Translate,but apparently Anissina and Peizerat will start training in July.

This is just insane!
    And still no confirmation from either the FFSG or Peizerat. I wonder if the comeback will end up being them skating together in shows? That seems way more realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post

This is just insane!
    The article says that Peizerat will return to France on June 27th, which may be when he finds out about this plan.

vCash
    Them trying to make a comeback at this late date is almost disrespectful to the teams and skaters who are not treating skating as a lark like they are.

vCash
    A friend of mine from Romania called me (!) on my cell phone to ask if she can sleep at my place if Marina & Gwendal come to Golden Spin for their TES in December.

I said - why not!
    The circus needs spectators and I am sick of being all alone in Dom Sportova.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    "I just heard this, and this is crazy. Marina and Gwendal are going to the Olympics, maybe."

Sorry, that just popped into my head..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Athletes from visa-waiver countries need a visa only if they are competing for prize money: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi....html#overview.

Unless Anissina & Peizerat are somehow angling for a spot as substitutes at Skate America, that's not really an issue for them. And I doubt that Marina Anissina wants to do any long-term work in the United States.
    A visa waiver won't change anything really - she will be allowed on the plane, but if indeed her visa was revoked at some point, chances are she won't let her go through immigration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    A visa waiver won't change anything really - she will be allowed on the plane, but if indeed her visa was revoked at some point, chances are she won't let her go through immigration.
    Actually, if her visa was revoked at one point she would probably have to apply for a visa at the embassy before travelling and cannot travel on the visa waiver anymore, one way or the other. There are a number of questions that you have to answer for the visa waiver (the yes and no kind, like have you ever committed a crime) and I think there might be one about having been denied a visa and/or entry to the States. Being connected to Mr T. might also mean that she cannot use the visa waiver anymore. After all, the FBI did want to question her back in 2002, as far as I remember.

However, originally, Jenny was asking if they had been to the US since SLC, I don't think travelling to the US right now was ever a question.

vCash
    Since then, as far as I know, she hasn't been back.
    I'm pretty sure they have skated in the US since then.

I know I have seen them live only once. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly when, but I'm pretty sure it was not immediately after their OGM. I do remember being impressed with the power and smoothness of their blades and thinking their OGM quality still showed.

Edited to add:
    OK, it took some hunting, but I found this photo of them from the Atlanta stop of the 2006 COI tour.
    http://www.pbase.com/nikonsean/image/61204676
    Last edited by Susan M; 06-28-2013 at 03:17 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Yeah, I definitely remember that at some point Marina was no longer wanted for questioning and then returned freely to the US... I didn't post, because I didn't remember the date. Susan M is right.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast