Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    I shared my 2 cents on this in my blog yesterday:

http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...k-fact-or.html
    Could you paraphrase and just share 1 cent with us here in this thread?

vCash
    Would love to, bmcg!

I personally think Zhhulin, Morozov and Averbukh are being somewhat harsh and would love to see them return but I don't want to see it be at the expense of Pechalat and Bourzat - who I really enjoy. They're a talented team who have been putting together some good material for next season. Didier Gailhaguet and the FFSG have been rich in controversy and political head games for years, long before the 2002 Salt Lake City judging scandal and since as well. His notorious treatment of certain skaters who were either not in his or the international judges favour is certainly well rumoured and I sincerely hope that this isn't a publicity stunt. It's only going to make him look even sillier than he already does. Unfortunately, it's going to make Marina (and Gwendal, by association) look just as silly.

vCash
    IMO there is no fair way to compare the A and P flamenco with the V and M one since A and P had much more freedom in what movement they could do. When you have to do twizzles and two specific footwork sequences worth specific edge and hold requirements, to remaining authentic is almost impossible for any style of dance. As far as I saw, V and Ma captured the rhythm, character, expression and a lot of the hand and arm movements of flamenco.

I doubt they are coming back. Think this is a publicity stunt to be honest. And if they do, I think they will utterly fail. They have less then a year to build programs under the new requirements. And god knows what they have been doing since they retired in terms of dancing etc. If she hasn't even talked to Gwendal, doesn't seem like they are skating together anymore , if at all. Marina should coach or choreograph is she wants another medal at the Olympics. The tea I feel the worst for is P and B. Everyone seems to have given up on them. When really it has been due to injury that they have struggled last season. I know momentum is important. But I wouldn't count them out.

vCash
    I think P&B's move to Igor caused those who may have given up to take a second look. I also think it's strange that Didier would force them to move to Igor AND beg Marina to come back to save French ice dance. It seems to me Didier put his eggs into P&B's basket by telling them to move and do everything Igor tells them to. Maybe he just wanted Marina's phonebook in Sochi and she misunderstood

vCash
    I would love Marina and Gwendal to come back the way Katarina Witt came back. They would create masterpieces and we would all enjoy it.
    We need the return of the divas!
    But the politics bs in ice dance makes it just impossible. They would take light out of P/B and take a spot out of the young French ice dance team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    I would love Marina and Gwendal to come back the way Katarina Witt came back. They would create masterpieces and we would all enjoy it.
    We need the return of the divas!
    But the politics bs in ice dance makes it just impossible. They would take light out of P/B and take a spot out of the young French ice dance team.
    I think they'd actually take a spot away from Carron/Jones..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think they'd actually take a spot away from Carron/Jones..
    spot away from carron/jones? their spot is already taken by papadikis/cizeron

come on, this would be great.
    we need the divas back on ice; even if it's for our entertainment and not for the result, let her be back in the game; this would be gorgeous!!!

vCash
    I would REALLY love to read what Piezerat has to say on the matter. Should be interesting...

In the mean while Anisina talks to rsport (this time, it seems, without Dzhigurda doing all the talking)
    Anissina: I hope winter Olympics will happen for Piezerat and me by Anatoly Samokhvalov

AS: Marina, you have a temper...
    MA: I do...

AS: But what motivates you?
    MA: We had an offer from the French Figure skating federation and the French ministry of sports to participate the Sochi Olympics. Should the Olympics take place in any other place I would dismiss it. Probably. But the situation is as it is and we have the will and the means. We do lack time though. I will fly to France next week and will settle the details. It will be clear then.

AS: You have been out of the sports for 11 years. Why had the French decided to turn to you, and just a couple of months before the Games?
    MA: So what? We participate various shows all the time and there are examples of skaters who came back and did well. Besides, it's not a spontaneous decision, we spoke about it during the Winter. Nikita and I went to France to meet with the president of the federation.

AS: Have you been practicing for the competitions?
    MA: Not as such

AS: What is your personal goal, not as a French?
    MA: To participate the Olympics. It's kind of a challenge for me. As for me personally... to express myself and show something new. The contemporary figure skating style...how should I put it... It is no longer interesting. Not in Russia, but in the world. And that new judging system....

AS: Are you ready for it?
    MA: Should I be? You can tame a bear in a circus to skate to it. You know how the bears are tamed?

AS: No
    MA: They are shown exactly one thing again and again and they repeat it. It's the same in figure skating now -all about the repetition. People in our sport are not trying to show anything new, unusual or creative. Why the figure skating is not so popular anymore? I have been watching and following the sports all those years. And came to understand that we can come up with new things, like we always did.

AS: Which competitions do you plan participating?
    MA: I should know better in a week.

AS: You would have to fight for a spot at the Olympics.
    MA: Yes. But we have an experience and a will - that's the most important. Also, as the Kuberten said - it's about participating, not winning.

AS: I.e. you, an olympic champion wouldn't mind being in top 5-8-10?
    MA: I don't plan much right now, assuming just our participation would mean a lot. But should we put our minds into it we'll do the best we can.

AS: Will Zazoe be coaching you in Lyon?
    MA: I'll answer that a bit later.

AS: Piezerat didn't loose any weight. You were known for your lifts where you lift him
    MA: He didn't become any heavier either. Our lifts used to be new, we aimed for unusual. It's what figure skating is lacking now.

AS: Creativity?
    MA: Yes. Everyone is burred deep in the rules. There is not much creativity left.

AS: Will you be skating with Piezerat?
    MA: Who else? I would love to skate with Dzhigurda, but that would be harder.

AS: Despite things not being decided you do have ideas for the new programmes.
    MA: We'd like to create something that was not done before. Otherwise what's the point. The idea is the most important. I'll go into details later.

AS: Many of your figure skating acquaintances commented on your come back. Do you understand their reaction?
    MA: I didn't read those. I don't care. Everyone has their opinion, their destiny and their way.

AS: It is a stressful idea, right?
    MA: Why?! It's a positive thing. We are athletes with the Olympics ahead of us. I hope it will happen for us

vCash
    thanks so much tahbka.

she seems determined.

what a story that would be

but no words on french fed, if the propsal truly was made by them.
    they have carron/jones and a promising young pair, not to mention which sign is given to p/b by that

but please, let it be true and let her mix up the game!!!

vCash
    The funny thing is that there isn't any French article about this only Russian. And no one seems to be interested in Gwendal's thoughts, not even Anissina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    The funny thing is that there isn't any French article about this only Russian. And no one seems to be interested in Gwendal's thoughts, not even Anissina.
    Who cares what he thinks, she'll just carry him around the rink. Creatively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    This bit

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    MA: We had an offer from the French Figure skating federation and the French ministry of sports to participate the Sochi Olympics. Should the Olympics take place in any other place I would dismiss it. Probably. But the situation is as it is and we have the will and the means. We do lack time though. I will fly to France next week and will settle the details. It will be clear then.
    makes it sound like the French Federation has contacted both Anissina and Peizerat. Given that the link in the first post in the thread indicated that Anissina had not spoken with Peizerat yet, I surmise that the Federation has gotten a similar response from him as from her, i.e. "Let's talk," and let each skater know that the other was at least somewhat interested.

vCash
    I believe Gwendal is on vacation right now, so maybe that's why the French press didn't reach him for comments.
    While I still think it is hard to believe that they really will come back (especially given the short time left) stranger things have happened. Maybe they are really just intrigued by the idea to enjoy performing at the Olympic Games, without the pressure of winning a medal (like Katarina Witt in 1994) and presenting a beautiful program?

YEAH!
    vCash
    MA: Who else? I would love to skate with Dzhigurda, but that would be harder.
    LOL, just a bit.

vCash
    MA: They are shown exactly one thing again and again and they repeat it. It's the same in figure skating now -all about the repetition. People in our sport are not trying to show anything new, unusual or creative. Why the figure skating is not so popular anymore? I have been watching and following the sports all those years. And came to understand that we can come up with new things, like we always did.

It's true! She knows everything that's going on! But would she be put into this horrible cop box just to get the points to do well in French nationals?!?

vCash
    OMG THIS IS A THING.

MA: Who else?
    Olivier!!!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Who cares what he thinks, she'll just carry him around the rink. Creatively.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    If they go back to train with Zazoui, Olivier would be one of their coaches. Surreal.

vCash
    OMG Marina is so fierce!

Watch me move
    vCash
    We had an offer from the French Figure skating federation and the French ministry of sports to participate the Sochi Olympics.
    Wouldn't A&P, um, actually have to qualify first? Oh, wait, I forgot, this is the French federation we're discussing
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast