Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    So glad the Heat won and Lebron got another MVP. He is easily the best all-around player in the league. I love watching him play.

vCash
    Like Vash01 I did not like the way LeBron made the move to Miami. I do think that Miami's big 3 had the right to see if they could cement their friendship by attempting to play together. Freedom of choice and where you work should extend even to elite pro athletes. Kudos to Pat Riley and Heat owner Mickey Arison for having the courage to give it a try.

The TV Special was an over the top joke. Stupid and in very bad taste. The intro at the AAA was worse. All the talk of multiple championships before they'd even played a game grated on my nerves.

BUT, they were part of the only South Florida based sports franchises that seemed to understand that a teams purpose is to win championships. All the others seem to exist for other reasons, most often the owners ego.

They now have a repeat. GOOD! They have multiple Championships. GOOD! Let's get more. THREEPEAT! THREEPEAT!

NJL (...it's soooooo nice to see a SoFl winner for a change........)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 06-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    NeilJ,

It's not just LeBron and the way he signed with Miami- making a show of it- but the whole team has a bad attitude, IMO. They offer aging stars vets minimum (they had offered it to Steve Nash; he declined) and many players sign with that team just to get a ring. There are a few other players that do this (Fisher of the Lakers and later OKC comes to mind). It's easy to differentiate classy players from the ring-grabbers. Nothing wrong with wanting to win a title but the lack of loyalty and self respect bothers me. By contrast, the Spurs draft and grow their players, they are loyal, and they make some smart free agent decisions. Their goal is also to win a championship (I would add Lakers and Celtics to the list) but they don't make a show of it. They just play and they win consistently. Also some of these top teams (Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and possibly OKC in the future) dominate in the playoffs, unlike the Heat. IMO the Heat just got lucky that Popovich turned into Dantoni in game 6, and did not call a time out when the Heat started coming back in the 4th Q. His decisions were baffling- he is one of the greatest coaches of our time. Did he choke? Did the Spurs players choke when they saw the yellow tape and the trophy being wheeled in? We may never know. They are not making any excuses. They are a class organization. IMO Spurs will continue to be a great team; about the Heat I am not sure. I hate 3-peats, and I hope someone beats the Heat next year in the early rounds of playoffs. LeBron is no Jordan, although he has developed quite a lot since last year.

vCash
    I don't think Lebron is Jordan, but he is already a league above. He excels at almost every facet of the game and always uses the off-season to develop his game. While The Decision was the wrong way to go about it, I think he hasn't done anything that terrible in his career and is one of the most impressive overall skilled players the league has ever seen. I have absolutely no problem with the way Miami put together their team. They did nothing illegal and I think loyalty in pro sports is overrated. I think it is a business and if owners treat it as such, players should be able to as well. Owners don't have to be loyal, so why should players? Lebron, aside from the Decision, has not gotten into trouble off the court like many have and I think it is impressive how he always continues to develop his game. Just because he is not Jordan does not mean he isn't an outstanding player in his own right. I don't think anyone on The Spurs is any more classy than anyone on The Heat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12