Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 US International FS Classic (Sr B) & Challenge Skate, Sept 11-15, Salt Lake City

An official site has been launched: http://www.usfigureskatingclassic.com/

Senior B Announcement (PDF)
    ... The Organizer will preferably accept skaters and couples having taken part in the finals of the Senior or Junior ISU Championships of the last two (2) seasons. As the host organizer, U.S. Figure Skating reserves the right to enter a maximum of four (4) entries in each discipline. Additionally Canada will be invited to enter a maximum of two (2) entries in each discipline with all other member nations invited to enter one (1) entry with alternate entries listed in case of openings. The Organizer reserves the right to limit the number of entries as required. The Organizer will confirm the accepted skater(s) after the closing date for entries. A maximum of 18 Ladies and Men, 8 Pairs teams and 10 Ice Dance teams will be accepted.

All competitors must be entered and all judges nominated only through their respective Member Association/Federation.

The preliminary entries must reach the Organizer by Friday, July 12, 2013 and all final entries no later than Friday, August 2, 2013 at the latest.
    The Novice and Junior Challenge Skate for qualified U.S. skaters also returns: http://www.usfigureskatingclassic.com/challenge-skate/
    U.S. Figure Skating’s Athlete Development Committee and Athlete Development Department are the oversights for the U.S. Novice and Junior Challenge Skate event. This event is a domestic developmental competition; it is not part of the U.S. Figure Skating High Performance department, Team USA, or the International Committee.
    One of the stated goals:
    To provide an opportunity for athletes that have competed at the national level in intermediate, novice and junior, but have not yet competed internationally, to experience what it would be like to compete at an international competition, through following the same event format as an international competition, observing the senior competition, and being part of a team.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia, I was just looking for the schedule yesterday! This was a great event last year. Cheap, very low-key, great roster of skaters, and fun to see the up-and-coming skaters, too. I'm looking forward to it!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia.

I just checked the University of Utah Football schedule. Oregon State will be in town that weekend - Sept 15th. More tailgate madness. Last year the Salt Lake organizing committee did their best to make the skating and the football work together. I look forward to more fun that way this year as well. A bunch of the skaters had an opportunity to golf locally as well. I think they had a great time. September is usually a great time in Salt Lake. The worst of the heat is gone, the nights are lovely and the leaves in the mountains are starting to turn. I'm looking forward to this year.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    The Organizer will preferably accept skaters and couples having taken part in the finals of the Senior or Junior ISU Championships of the last two (2) seasons.

Yes, I am sure that is the USFS' preference... wanting some big names skaters to attend the comp.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Evan Lysacek will likely do the US Intl in Salt Lake Sept. 12-15 as his comeback competition and warmup for Skate America
    I hope he comes. It certainly will raise the visibility of the competition. Evan won Novice Men's in Salt Lake in 1999. It's a good city for him.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 06-15-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 U.S. International FS Classic, Salt Lake City, Sept. 11-15 (& Challenge Skate)

U.S. entries announced today: https://www.usfigureskating.org/Stor...391&type=media
    U.S. lineup for 2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic
    (subject to change)
    Ladies: Samantha Cesario; Gracie Gold; Courtney Hicks; Agnes Zawadzki
    Men's: Max Aaron; Stephen Carriere; Joshua Farris; Evan Lysacek
    Pairs: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir; Caydee Denney and John Coughlin; Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea; Felicia Zhang and Nate Bartholomay
    Ice Dancing: Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus; Meryl Davis and Charlie White; Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt; Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I find some of the choices very curious. Case in point: Stephen Carriere

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    U.S. entries announced today: https://www.usfigureskating.org/Stor...391&type=media
    U.S. lineup for 2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic
    (subject to change)
    Ladies: Samantha Cesario; Gracie Gold; Courtney Hicks; Agnes Zawadzki
    Men's: Max Aaron; Stephen Carriere; Joshua Farris; Evan Lysacek
    Pairs: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir; Caydee Denney and John Coughlin; Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea; Felicia Zhang and Nate Bartholomay
    Ice Dancing: Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus; Meryl Davis and Charlie White; Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt; Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani

vCash
    Carriere finished in the top 10 at nationals, so a senior B assignment was always likely. The US has five B events to assign skaters to, so I don't think this is a case of Carriere being chosen over the likes of Johnson, Brown, Rippon, etc. They're probably going to Finlandia/Nebelhorn/Coupe de Nice, etc.

To me this is the biggest hint that Hicks will NOT return to the JGP and will instead probably get SA since this competition is right in the middle of JGP season.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I forgot I had started a thread in GSD a while ago, here's the link for pre-comp. discussion: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Salt-Lake-City

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

To me this is the biggest hint that Hicks will NOT return to the JGP and will instead probably get SA since this competition is right in the middle of JGP season.
    I have been told that she will not return to the JGP this season.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Glad to see that Lysacek is scheduled to compete!!! Looking forward to seeing a great competition!

vCash
    Not surprised by the presence of Aaron and Lysacek on the roster or absence of Abbott, but I am surprised by Carriere rather than Miner, Rippon, or Brown. Hmm.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the Kiss and Cry forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Carriere finished in the top 10 at nationals, so a senior B assignment was always likely. The US has five B events to assign skaters to, so I don't think this is a case of Carriere being chosen over the likes of Johnson, Brown, Rippon, etc. They're probably going to Finlandia/Nebelhorn/Coupe de Nice, etc.

vCash
    Sylvia you are so fast. Of course, I forgot a couple of other potential contenders such as Dornbush and Johnson.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Interesting that the Shibs got both SA and SLC. I was hoping to see C/B in SLC. Fabulous roster overall!!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Wow for a Senior B competition this has some big names. Aaron and Gold i could see to get some mileage out of their new programs but i have to say i'm surprised to see Davis & White at a Senior B event.

vCash
    I thought this wasn't supposed to be announced till after August 2nd. I guess that will be all the competitors.

Man-O-Man would you look at that line-up! Especially Dance! And Kayne/O'Shea! I knew Lysacek was planning on coming. For me this certainly has the wow factor. I was thinking of taking a couple of days off work so I can see all of it. I think that will have to be a definite now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Wow for a Senior B competition this has some big names. Aaron and Gold i could see to get some mileage out of their new programs but i have to say i'm surprised to see Davis & White at a Senior B event.
    Davis and White competed at Nebelhorn in 2009. I'm sure it's an Olympic season thing.

Title-less
    vCash
    I've just been looking at the plane tickets to Salt Lake City. I'm tempted to go to this one.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast