View Poll Results: Which pair of figure skating sisters was the most talented?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karen and Michelle Kwan

40 38.83%
  • Mai and Mao Asada

27 26.21%
  • Emily and Sarah Hughes

20 19.42%
  • Viktoria and Yoshie Helgesson

9 8.74%
  • Amber and Alissa Czisny

1 0.97%
  • Other

6 5.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Veronika and Annette Dytrt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It's Caydee Denney. Her younger sister, Haven Denney, placed 5th in Senior Pairs (with Brandon Frazier) at 2013 U.S. Nationals and then they won the 2013 Junior World title. Denney/Frazier will make their Senior Grand Prix debut this fall.

:

Thanks for the corrections and the information. Somehow I just could not remember their names. They do have unusual names, but not difficult ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    The Crapova Sisters, hands down.

So to speak.
    Who are the Crapovas?

vCash
    Were the Didiers related?

And didn't Chika Suguri skate in juniors at some point?

vCash
    Mai Asada was one of my fav. So sad she retired from her competitive careers. she tried 3A-2T at Junior Worlds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PcNa89WPaQ and she was a so graceful and balletic skater. One of the reasons she retired from competitions was her mother was in serious condition. Reportedly there were some possibilities of a kidney transplant and she increased her weight for the preparation, though her mom refused the transplant from her daughter after all. Mai took care of her mom and also supported Mao. The family helped each other experiencing a very hard time. So sad Mai skates rarely these day. I love Asada sisters very much. When I watch the girls group number of THE ICE 2012, I'm always moved by them. Mai is still a very beautiful skater even her skills are not her top level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa00...45B04ED3B971A4

vCash
    Isabelle and Véronique Delobel, twin sisters, both skated in ice dancing with an Olivier !
    http://image-uniservice.copainsdavan...77/3933041.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Were the Didiers related?
    Not as far as they know; they just happen to have the same surname. Kind of like the Zhangs -- Stephanie, Caroline, Dan, and Kexin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Who are the Crapovas?
    Alexandra Ievleva and Ksenia Doronina.

vCash
    I'm waiting for the Oppegard sisters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless View Post
    We can't leave out Laurence and Maribel Owen. Who knows what they could have accomplished had their lives not been cut so short.
    As brief as their careers were, they still should win this poll. Both sisters were US National champions and top 10 Olympians. Most the other duos are one high achiever and one who also skated.

Maribel was a US Nationals had 4 podium finishes at US Nationals in pairs.

Laurence was seen as having more promise and won the 59 US junior ladies title, then was 2nd in 1960, and 1961 US National champion. In 1961, between Nationals and her death, she won the North American Championships (US & Canada).

I found a lot of inconsistencies in results, with their wikipedia bios giving different results from the wikipedia worlds & Olympics articles. This page says Laurence was 6th at the 1960 Olympics in ladies, while Maribel and partner were 10th in pairs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_...inter_Olympics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Mai Asada was one of my fav. So sad she retired from her competitive careers. she tried 3A-2T at Junior Worlds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PcNa89WPaQ and she was a so graceful and balletic skater. One of the reasons she retired from competitions was her mother was in serious condition. Reportedly there were some possibilities of a kidney transplant and she increased her weight for the preparation, though her mom refused the transplant from her daughter after all. Mai took care of her mom and also supported Mao. The family helped each other experiencing a very hard time. So sad Mai skates rarely these day. I love Asada sisters very much. When I watch the girls group number of THE ICE 2012, I'm always moved by them. Mai is still a very beautiful skater even her skills are not her top level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa00...45B04ED3B971A4
    I never realized that's why Mai was heavier. I always thought it was strange that she was so much heavier than Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    As brief as their careers were, they still should win this poll. Both sisters were US National champions and top 10 Olympians. Most the other duos are one high achiever and one who also skated.
    Are the Owen sisters the only ones who competed in different disciplines? It seems that most of the pairs mentioned competed in the same discipline (i.e., the Kwan, Asada and Hughes sisters were all ladies singles skaters; the Denny sisters are both pairs)

vCash
    A little bit off topic, but in Australia there are four brothers from Queensland, Andrew, Jordan, Ryan and Matthew Dodds, who skate at the novice, junior and senior level in the men's and pairs events.

Andrew and Jordan have skated at the international level on the JGP circuit in men's singles and pairs as well.

vCash
    There are of course the Stiegler sisters.

vCash
    The Helgessons seem to have taken another turn in sibling rivalry. I see Joshie is competing in Japan, while Viktoria is staying home after a disastrous Sochi Olympics. Is Viktoria retiring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    The Helgessons seem to have taken another turn in sibling rivalry. I see Joshie is competing in Japan, while Viktoria is staying home after a disastrous Sochi Olympics. Is Viktoria retiring?
    I haven't heard anything about her retirement.. I thought she was just not chosen for the team because her Olympics was so bad. Joshi won Nationals anyhow, I think.

vCash
    You forgot Fumie Suguri and Chika Suguri. Also Rachael Flatt and Kevin Reynolds.

vCash
    I voted for the Asadas, though I'd have voted for the Owens given the chance.

Oddly, I always enjoyed/connected with Karen's skating more than Michelle's. *shrug*

vCash
    I like that Joshie decided to portray a tropical bird (or something) in her short program this year. I think she deserved a lot of credit for being creative.

vCash
    They competed in different disciplines but Kristy Sargeant-Wirtz (pairs) and Lisa Sargeant (singles) of Canada were both national champions at one point and have the same best result at the World Championships (6th).

I like that Joshie decided to portray a tropical bird (or something) in her short program this year. I think she deserved a lot of credit for being creative.
    Joshi looks like she's turning a corner in terms of style, looking less gangly and awkward compared to when she was in Juniors.
    Hope the next 4 years sees further development in this regard.

vCash
    I really liked Joshie's program and hope she hangs in for as long as she can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast