32 84.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Russian Divas - Elena Ilinykh vs Victoria Sinitsina

both are divaish
    who will prove to be the better partner for Nikita Katsalapov

article: http://en.itar-tass.com/sports/725400?utm_medium=rss20

vCash
    Madness! They are such fools to break up. They would have dominated the next quad and won Gold in 2018. Very immature behaviour. Clearly they weren't dedicated enough to the sport. Nikita isn't going achieve anything with Victoria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela M View Post
    Madness! They are such fools to break up. They would have dominated the next quad and won Gold in 2018. Very immature behaviour. Clearly they weren't dedicated enough to the sport. Nikita isn't going achieve anything with Victoria.
    Sometimes personal issues are too difficult to handle and have to take precedence over sports. I don't know if that is the case but I am as baffled by this as anyone.

vCash
    Wasn't Elena seeing Morozov? Maybe that ended (thankfully) and caused her and Nikita to split (not thankfully), because it says Nikita and Victoria will still be coached by Morozov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Sometimes personal issues are too difficult to handle and have to take precedence over sports. I don't know if that is the case but I am as baffled by this as anyone.
    There were plenty of teams who hated each other and still stayed together because they wanted to win! Evidently, I&K weren't as hungry for Gold as some of the other teams.

vCash
    There were plenty of teams who hated each other and still stayed together because they wanted to win! Evidently, I&K weren't as hungry for Gold as some of the other teams.
    Different people handle personal issues in their lives differently. I am not going to pass judgment on them.

vCash
    Do you really think they are hating each other? I always see them smiling, kissing, touching each other. (Outside of the dance event)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Do you really think they are hating each other? I always see them smiling, kissing, touching each other. (Outside of the dance event)
    That makes their decision to split up even more bizarre!

vCash
    This is stupid. Several people mentioned how cold the body language was between Elena and Morozov in Sochi. I hope she is not suffering professionally because she decided to end her relationship with her coach.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    This is stupid. Several people mentioned how cold the body language was between Elena and Morozov in Sochi. I hope she is not suffering professionally because she decided to end her relationship with her coach.
    I also had the feeling that there was a weird tension betweeen Elena and Morozov. I wish Elena and Nikita would stay together and find a new coach. That would make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Wasn't Elena seeing Morozov? Maybe that ended (thankfully) and caused her and Nikita to split (not thankfully), because it says Nikita and Victoria will still be coached by Morozov.
    In that case, it's more likely they would change the coach (which is a good idea anyway). There have been many reports indicating that Elena is not the most dedicated person when it comes to training (hence their technical inconsistency over the last years). She probably just does not want to continue having the regime of an elite athlete...and it is her right to pursue something else. She could probably have a very nice life skating Ice Age-type shows and appearing on red carpets. Given her looks and the fact that she's an Olympic champion I could see her joining the Duma and becoming Putin's new mistress in the next couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    I also had the feeling that there was a weird tension betweeen Elena and Morozov. I wish Elena and Nikita would stay together and find a new coach. That would make sense.
    There are more good coaches available than good partners.
    Bringing bitchy back like Anabelle Langlois

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Different people handle personal issues in their lives differently.
    Exactly. As for being immature, Elena's a teenager. What do you expect; she was way out of her depth sleeping with Morozov. I feel sorry for her, as I do for Miki Ando.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Victoria is the better technician and overall skater. Elena has loads of charisma but that can only carry you so far. Nikita recognizes this so is dumping Elena for Victoria and they will form a new partnership after the worlds.

vCash
    Nikiti and Victoria have a great chance at the Olympic Gold in 2018. In 2015 and 2016 they will be out of the top 5 but will climb after that.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    Given her looks and the fact that she's an Olympic champion I could see her joining the Duma and becoming Putin's new mistress in the next couple of years.
    Both and

I guess that's a bit of a step up from Morozov then.

vCash
    Are we really going to start referring to team winners as "Olympic champions"? Is this to impress Cinquanta? Or maybe to appease Putin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    Given her looks and the fact that she's an Olympic champion I could see her joining the Duma and becoming Putin's new mistress in the next couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots39 View Post
    Nikiti and Victoria have a great chance at the Olympic Gold in 2018. In 2015 and 2016 they will be out of the top 5 but will climb after that.
    Based on what? We have not seen them skate together, and Victoria was not exactly podium material with Zhiganshin. I don't mean she cannot develop but let us at least watch them skate for one season together before making any predictions.

vCash
    I am a great fan of S/Z - I was more disturbed by their break-up than by I/K's. However, in their case I can see why maybe it's a good thing. It was Zhig who messed up at Sochi [3 times I think] - so maybe his nerves are an issue? Also they are sometimes having problems with some of their lifts - so it might be a good idea for Vika to look for a different partner. I was hoping for Sin/Bukin personally, but maybe this will work out for them.

S/Z won a GP medal in their first year as seniors. They came 3rd at Rus Nat and 4th at Euros. This is a very good track record for a young team and certainly shows potential. Esp when you consider they achieved this with a terrible coach. Imagine what someone like Sphilband could do with them.

Vika is a first class in the making. She has that WOW! factor in spades. I'm hoping this new partner works out for her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast