Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Your Wishes for the 2013-14 Season, Non-Olympic Version

The big quadrennial sports circus aside, what are you looking forward to next season, competitively, creatively, or otherwise?

On the competitive side of things, this fan would happy to see

- Haruna Suzuki, Miu Sato, and Fumie Suguri making it back to Japanese Nats. In particular, I hope that Suzuki will be able to deliver performances at least as impressive as those from two years ago.

- Park So-Youn having a wonderful JGP season and making respectable debuts at senior-level ISU championships.

- Alissa Czisny, Johnny Weir, Evan Lysacek, and Rohene Ward making it back to US Nats and skating well there.

- Jenna McCorkell winning her eleventh British ladies' singles title.

- Midori Ito being a at Obertsdorf yet again.

- Kavaguti and Smirnov returning to the Euros and Worlds podiums, after absences of three and four years, respectively.

- Carolina Kostner winning a sixth European title.

- Michael Christian Martinez improving on his results from the 2012-2013 season.

I'm sure I'll think of more (and yes, I know it's a bit early).
    Last edited by falling_dance; 06-13-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I hope to see Max Aaron do well in the Grand Prix series (his 1st time as a senior) and make the Grand Prix final.

And I hope to see him defend his title at US Nationals and make the Olympic team.

In non-Max land, I'm looking forward to see all the skaters skate up to their potential, and to learning more about some of the new young skaters like Joshua Farris and Jason Brown.

vCash
    I would love to see Tessa and Scott win the GPF in Ice Dance. They have everything else at least once, so would be great for them since it is their last year competing.

vCash
    My only wish is for Tessa and Scott to be healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    - Alissa Czisny, Johnny Weir, Evan Lysacek, and Rohene Ward making it back to US Nats and skating well there.
    This, and for me to be at my home ice in Boston (for the entire competition this time!)

Also, for Ross Miner to at Nationals in front of his home crowd

and for Tomas Verner, a competition with two clean programs.

vCash
    Definitely this above all else
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    My only wish is for Tessa and Scott to be healthy

vCash
    My wish is to see Ashley have a solid LP that she can consistently perform and for her to win Skate America since I'll probably be going I'd also love to see Gracie grow as a performer this season!

vCash
    I hope D/W have another undefeated season.

I would also like to see Mirai show up at Nationals and totally kick a**

I really hope that Ashley will finally understand what "you need a triple/triple" means.

And I really hope Jeremy will skate at 2014 Nationals the way he did in 2010.

vCash
    I'm crossing my fingers for Kaitlyn & Andrew to make the World podium.

vCash
    Hmmm

Max to kick butt at his GPs and qualify for GPF

Josh and Jason to skate well in their Senior debuts (I'll take clean!)

Rohene Ward to qualify for Nationals!

Australia somehow qualifies enough skaters through Nebelhorn to make the team event

Plushy returns!

Artur returns to form and starts merrily kicking butt

Menshov skating well and beats Kovtun...again...

Ross to win Nationals! (With Max second!)

Hm.

vCash
    I would like to see a perfect tie ... preferably between V/M and D/W, but one between Lysacek and Plush (for something like 6th at Sochi) would also be fun.

vCash
    I want to see Czisny skate a strong performance one more time. Wherever that is. I want Gao to solidify her 3rd place in the US and clearly dominate over Zawadzki, Nagasu and Hicks - although I would also love to see Nagasu back to form and kicking ass.

I hope Abbott and Farris (or even Brown) can hold off Aaron this season. I respect Aaron's technical prowess but to me it's such a wrong message to send when there are so many talented skaters in the US yet the top one focuses solely on jumps.

I hope Suzuki to hang in there this upcoming season, especially against Miyahara. I don't know what to expect from the Japanese men but I think Japanese Nationals will be another bloodbath - they just hope they all skate well and let the skating / judging take care of itself.

I want Skate Canada to put less pressure on Chan and Osmond.

I want the top two Canadian junior ladies and Korean junior ladies to skate very well this JGP season.

I want the top Russian junior ladies to have their own style and pay attention to things other than jumps.

I want Plushenko and Pang & Tong to rest and heal from their injury.

vCash
    I want Max Aaron's haters to actually LISTEN to him for once and understand that he does NOT focus only on jumps and that he KNOWS artistry is his weakness and HE IS WORKING ON IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I want Max Aaron's haters to actually LISTEN to him for once and understand that he does NOT focus only on jumps and that he KNOWS artistry is his weakness and HE IS WORKING ON IT.
    AMEN!

Be for Max or against him, but at least don't misrepresent him or his approach to his skating; thank you.

EDIT:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Excerpts:

Aaron: For the long program, I really have to get my strength up. It is a four-minute, 45-second, leg-burning program. I am definitely excited to show how I can move differently. Lori found a contemporary arrangement of Carmen. It varies between a classic and modern take on Carmen. I feel it keeps people wondering what the music is until the very end, when you realize the music is Carmen.

When I came to Lori with the idea of Carmen, she wanted to make sure that we did an original spin on Carmen. Lori's choreography is truly amazing, and I love how she found a modernistic movement. I definitely wanted something known but not too overplayed. I know it's going to make me grow as a skater.

Icenetwork.com: What have you got planned in terms of quads for your programs? Obviously, you made quite a statement last season with them.

Aaron: It is still early, but the plan is to have two in the short program and three in the long. I really like the triple Lutz and would like to have a quadruple Lutz, but I'm not just focusing on the jumps this time. I'm doing a lot of work with ballet and ballroom. And I just got new skates, so we'll see. My others were 2 1/2 years old.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I hope for AMAZING, boundary-pushing programs form Kostner, Asada, Chan, Takahashi, Savchenko & Szolkowy and Virtue & Moir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I hope D/W have another undefeated season.

I would also like to see Mirai show up at Nationals and totally kick a**

I really hope that Ashley will finally understand what "you need a triple/triple" means.

And I really hope Jeremy will skate at 2014 Nationals the way he did in 2010.
    ^^^
    THIS! I especially want Mirai to return to form and really have a great season, placing top 3 at Nationals and making the Olympic team.

I hope to see that triple/triple finally from Ashley!

I want Gracie to do great too, no mistakes at Nationals (for Ashley too) that will cause controversy, complaints that she or Ashley were 'held up' just to make the Olympic team.

I hope Evan returns and has a great season, making a real run for Sochi.

I'd love for Adam to do great at his GP event and gain a second one. I'm hoping against hope that he'll make the Olympic team.

I'm hoping for no deer-in-headlights-vomit-mode moments from Jeremy at Nationals. It'd be amazing if he too could make the Olympic team but alas there are only two spots. I'm going to be heartbroken for someone one way or the other.

I want D/W to have a winning season again culminating in Olympic gold at Sochi.

I want all the skaters to get through their season injury-free.

I hope Kim's performances are once again out of this world.

vCash
    I want the judges to apply PCS criteria based on what they actually see on the ice & not on what a skater is known to be capable of, and I don't want a clean but empty program with nothing but jumps to equal a high PCS mark.

I want Suzuki & Takahashi to have great final seasons.

And I want everyone to stay healthy & injury free!

vCash
    I hope Kiira Korpi will be able to compete healthy and injury-free this season, which is very likely to be her last.
    I also hope that I/K get great programs so that their immense talent is not wasted on the rubbish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I want the judges to apply PCS criteria based on what they actually see on the ice & not on what a skater is known to be capable of, and I don't want a clean but empty program with nothing but jumps to equal a high PCS mark.

I want Suzuki & Takahashi to have great final seasons.

And I want everyone to stay healthy & injury free!
    You obviously stole my wishlist

vCash
    For Jeremy to win his 4th US National title!
    For Hubbell and Donahue to get one of the top 3 spots at Nationals.
    Kristoffer Bertnsson re-instates and wins the Swedish National title and is top 10 at Euros.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast