Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

PLEASE Do Not Ever Hold U.S. and Canadian Nationals On The Same Weekend EVER AGAIN!!

I just can't take it. I'm still not over Nobunari Oda and Takahiko Kozuka not making it to Sochi. And now I have to deal with the wonderful Hubbell and Donohue not going. And seeing the look on Amélie Lacoste's face. I guess I'm lucky the power went out and I missed some of the U.S. pairs and then when the power came back on, the screen for NBC was all black. So I didn't have to see the looks on Denney and Coughlin's or Scimeca and Knierim's faces. And now I just scanned through the Canadian coverage to find out that my favourite Jeremy Ten won't make it and then had to witness the looks on Andrei Rogozine and Elladj Balde's faces. I missed the looks on Gilles and Poirier's faces, but I did see the disappointment in Mervin Tran and the tears (sobs?) of Natasha Purich.

And later tonight I'm going to have to deal with two U.S. ladies sad faces. And tomorrow, FIVE of the U.S. men's faces. Is it just me who is feeling really emotional right now? I'm going to be a basketcase by the end of U.S. men tomorrow. This can never happen again. If the U.S. and Canada ever hold their nationals on the same weekend again, we must take to the streets and RIOT!!! It's too much to take!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    If I am actually alive by the end of the long program tomorrow, I will be very surprised.

vCash
    Exactly. It's too much to handle. No H/D and now Ashley is making me want to cry. All the sad faces. Heartbreaking. I'm happy for P/I though... It's a wild rollercoaster of emotions. Be happy for a Canadian, then an American bombs and vice versa.

vCash
    I'm with you PeterG. When would you like to start the riot? We'll all come join you!!!

vCash
    I have been alternating between happy crying and YES!, and sad crying and DAMN!, all weekend. My husband is doing his best to stay away from me.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    No kidding! The US ladies' LP is turning me into a basketcase. First Gao, then Wagner, and now Cain. It was so sweet seeing Ashley console Christina as she left the ice and then Ashley continually mouthing "I'm sorry" and saying that the judges' marks were too high for her. Miss Wagner has so much class; you can't help but love and cheer for her!

vCash
    Canadians and US Nats happened on the same weekend in 2010...well, at least *half* of US Nats (remember the two separate weekends?!?!?). Well, I was actually in London for Canadians that weekend and I was the only one who had internet access so could read FSU pbp of US Nats while in the London arena. I can't remember what I and other FSUers were watching (probably ladies shorts, if I can't remember) but I was reading the PBP of US Pairs. Ho hum, right? Uhm, no! M&B aren't going to the Olympics! OMG, Evora/Ladwig are in second and may go to the Olympics! And then everyone's favourite Inoue/Baldwin skated last. I read a post that wrote "Crap. They did the throw 3A" and I started laughing, laughing and laughing. The other FSUers demanded what I was laughing about and I announced to everyone that they landed the throw 3A. An elderly lady just in front of us (and who was knitting) replies, "Oh, I hate that Baldwin fella." I laughed some more.

Honestly, I still get Karen Preston nightmares. I just can't deal with skaters who just miss the Olympic team.

vCash
    I agree for all your reasons and mine. Which are: My butt's stuck to the couch, I've accomplished nothing and I'm 'snacking' up a storm

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Exactly. It's too much to handle. No H/D and now Ashley is making me want to cry. All the sad faces. Heartbreaking. I'm happy for P/I though... It's a wild rollercoaster of emotions. Be happy for a Canadian, then an American bombs and vice versa.
    Yes, the happiness is a part of it. Too much happiness and too much sadness all at the same time. I'm happy for the Shibutanis, Lawrence and Swiegers and Liam Firus. So lots of high and lots of lows. I gave up roller coasters in my 20's!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Keep calm.
    and
    watch on Youtube.

vCash
    Is it just me who is feeling really emotional right now?
    I think you need to learn how to use a DVR. But I agree, it is bad for fans to have these events on the same week. Actually, not just fans, there were also coaches who had skaters in both and had to choose one.
    I don't know why this happened - maybe rink availability in the host cities? US Nationals is earlier this year than usual, I think, maybe because of the Olympics.

vCash
    Glad I was out the whole day this weekend. Now after reading this thread, I won't watch the vids until the results have sunk in. Knew it's difficult to accept some results and there will be disappointment for some skaters but Wagner was a shocker. I feel sooo sad for her.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I'm with you PeterG. When would you like to start the riot? We'll all come join you!!!
    Yes! I am with you. Can you imagine the headlines? 'Emotionally Overwhelmed Figure Skating Fans Riot!'
    That will bring back more interest in out sport than a Tonya Harding knee whack!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    ...I missed the looks on Gilles and Poirier's faces...
    You can see that near the end of the Paul/Islam FD video I posted in their thread.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    You can see that near the end of the Paul/Islam FD video I posted in their thread.
    I can't bear to see any more heartbroken faces right now. I have a lot of both events taped. And now that Europeans is finally being shown on major network TV in North America, I'll have to deal with more heartbreaks next weekend. It's only the Russians that will be fighting for an Olympics spot then, correct? Konstantin Menshov deserves some respect from his federation, but I don't think he's expecting to make it to Sochi. So that one I can bear. But if Alena Leonova skates to a bronze medal behind her fellow Russians and then starts to cry in the Kiss and Cry, I might spontaneously combust!!!

vCash
    Bring on Euros! :

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    20 years ago, I was fortunate enough to attend U.S. Nationals in Detroit one week followed by Canadians in Edmonton the following week.

Neither city had much in the way of sight - seeing and both cities were freezing as all get out, but that didn't really matter. I had come to see the skating. It only seems like yesterday that Scott Davis beat Brian Boitano, Elvis Stojko beat Kurt Browning, and Elaine Zayak made her electrifying comeback.

vCash
    My internet shat itself over the last weekend (all better now). But I can say that I totally missed everything at once.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I had had to use up all my cell phone charge finding out what happened to Ashley and Mirai even while I was watching Canadian Nationals. It is really too stressful trying to laugh and cry at the same time. How can the organizers be so inconsiderate of our feelings.
    I like your idea of a riot, where and when just let me know....