Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Talking Jason Brown's 2013-14 Olympic Season Blog

I thought this deserved its own thread for the season ahead: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt from the end:
    I've been in the full swing of summer training for the past week and, boy, am I sore! From power classes to workout sessions to on-ice lessons and hours of practicing, the first week has been a huge success. I'm training up in Monument, Colo., and I couldn't be any more pleased with the way my schedule is working out. My legs could be happier, but they will get used to it.

I hope you all have had a great start to your summers. If you have any questions that you would like me to answer in future blogs, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Also, I JUST GOT A TWITTER ACCOUNT! Please follow me @jasonbskates. I'm extremely new to Twitter, so I'm sorry if I'm not the best tweeter. I'll try to do my best!
    ETA: Jason has picked up 201 Twitter followers within an hour of his first tweet!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That goes to show how long some people have been waiting for him to get on Twitter!

I love his blogs. They always sound so excited and they make me excited in turn.

vCash
    He's so cute! So excited about everything. I only wish there were more Olympic spots. . . there are so many US skaters (well, skaters from everywhere) I want to go and they can't all go I'm sure his Riverdance will be splendid.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Jason expresses himself very well.
    I look forward to his thoughts about the "adventure" of the Olympic season.

vCash
    Here's Jason's second blog that recaps his hectic summer: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...-hectic-summer
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Jason writes very well indeed!
    The blog is both interesting and entertaining

vCash
    Jason is just so charming, both on the ice and off. His ability to articulate himself in writing seems to correlate with his ability to interpret music on the ice. With his programs and style, he has quickly become one of my "special favorites."
    It's so funny to me how he spoke about not being afraid to approach someone for an autograph or picture. In Greensboro in 2011, my mother wanted his autograph so badly but she couldn't bring herself to approach him. So I said, "Do you want me to go get it for you?" So of course, I approached him and told him my mom was too shy to come over. He graciously signed, but she regretted not talking to him herself. We are going to Boston for Nationals, so now she will get her chance.

Go Jason!!

vCash
    Yes, I wonder if he realises that he is now one of those people who makes others starstruck!

He still sounds a bit traumatised at being called the father of Kori's kids. Poor guy.

vCash
    Brown's blog photo gallery (Aug. 29) to illustrate his 2nd blog: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/58909434

Tranquillo
    vCash
    His blogs are so cute. His enthusiasm for everything is charming
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    No mention of skating at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. When he first moved to CO there seemed so much fanfare about their combining training sites in Monument and with the top skaters at World Arena. Something happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    No mention of skating at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. When he first moved to CO there seemed so much fanfare about their combining training sites in Monument and with the top skaters at World Arena. Something happen?
    He skates on the National sessions at the World Arena twice a week - so that would be with the top skaters. (Imagine that session! Max, Joshua and Jason just to start!)

I'm sure he'd happily mention everything, but we might be here for days reading the resultant novella.

The picture of him on the board is a good one. It really reinforces the point that he's all grown up now!

vCash
    Those sessions must be quite something. Competitors. Competing coaches with well known competitive reputations. Must be fascinating, on the ice and by the boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Those sessions must be quite something. Competitors. Competing coaches with well known competitive reputations. Must be fascinating, on the ice and by the boards.

It's on the bucket list. Sneak in and watch a Nationals session at the World Arena. (That comes after actually going to America.)

vCash
    What a marvelously articulate and genuine guy! Jason is my fave American male skater. I hope he's around for a while because I just get lost in his skating!

vCash
    Not written but Jason but on topic for this thread?

Brown's biggest fan? Why, Arsenio Hall, of course
    Skater's mom, sister both have worked for TV talk show host - by Sarah Brannen (includes photo of baby Jason with Hall): http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/06/59721214

vCash
    A local Chicago feature article - "Skating Toward Sochi: Highland Park’s Jason Brown Goes for Gold": http://chicagosidesports.com/skating...goes-for-gold/

vCash
    What a fine article.
    Go Jason!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Loved the article. Very informative, and I wish Jason the best this season!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Nice article!

When a skater receives an international assignment, a Team USA jacket follows. This jacket isn’t simply to keep the athlete warm in the rink, it’s symbolic.

“It’s one of the biggest goals as a skater,” Jason said. “Figure skating has elected you to skate for them outside the country—it’s a big deal.”

He has three different Team USA jackets from international competitions and has been elected to Junior Worlds three times. That means six jackets in his closet.
    I knew that the Team USA jacket is a big deal, but I didn't realize skaters got so many of them. Do they get a new one for every competition, every season, or what?

Also, does anyone know what rink in Monument Jason skates at, or who else skates and coaches there? Is it a new facility?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast