Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That was fun!! I sure hope Igor can get them to where they need to be technically to climb up the ranks. (I have ZERO ability to determine levels or key points when it comes to ice dance.)
    Last edited by LilJen; 07-29-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Hubbell and Donohue were interviewed at Skate Detroit; Hawayek/Baker and Lewis/Bye showed their programs this past weekend in preparation for the second JGP in Mexico City: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

ETA the U.S. ice dance entries for JGP #1 in Riga, Latvia:
    Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER J3
    Elliana POGREBINSKY / Ross GUDIS J5

Listed alternates:
    Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER J2 & JW7
    Chloe LEWIS / Logan BYE N1
    Holly MOORE / Daniel KLABER J4
    Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS J-wd/inj.
    Tory PATSIS / Joseph JOHNSON N2
    Sammi WREN / Alexey SHCHEPETOV N3
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-29-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I like Lynn & Logan's program. Is the music the Puppini Sisters?

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Yay 2 WISA teams in Riga!

Happy to see Parsons on the list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Yay 2 WISA teams in Riga!

Happy to see Parsons on the list.
    I can't wait to see McNamara/Carpenter's programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I like Lynn & Logan's program. Is the music the Puppini Sisters?
    Soundhound tells me that the first part is Caro Emerald- That Man and the second part is Jolie Coquine- Caravan Palace.

vCash
    Aldridge/Eaton's 2013-14 program music is featured on their official site: http://aldridge-eaton.ice-dance.com/

Cross-posting from the Programs thread:
    Hello to everyone on FS Universe

Alex and I are very excited about our 2014 Pre-Olympic Season and would like to provide a little update on our current activities. We took several weeks vacation after Junior World’s to tour around Italy and enjoy the beautiful countryside. Returned to Detroit Skating Club, participated in annual Ice Show and completed our Gold Dances and began work on 2014 programs.

Our Free Dance is “Bharat Natyam” Indian classical dance combined with modern Bollywood Style. Chala Thacker, of the Chauladevi Institute of Dance and Yoga has been working with Alex and I on our hand gestures (Asamyuta Mudra) and Indian dance Form. We debut our programs at Lake Placid this Thursday and Friday. I hope you will really enjoy as the dance tells the story of a young couples journey or transformation from friendship through courtly love and marriage.

See Intro to Alex and Daniels Music at link below

http://youtu.be/oyiq0T054Ko

Announcement of Short Dance (Finnstep) Music for 2014

http://youtu.be/oaq3Rudc2Uc
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-31-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    For those without access to the Kiss and Cry forum, here's the link to Ice-dance.com's Lake Placid IDC event site for news, photos and more - competition starts tonight with the Intermediate Pattern Dances: http://lpidc.ice-dance.com/main/

vCash
    From Lake Placid ice dance competition results (http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/events/icedance.php), novice pattern dances (Argentine Tango, Kilian, Viennese Waltz) final results are:

1. Eliana Gropman/Ian Somerville
    2. Gigi Becker/Luca Becker
    3. Danielle Thomas/Alexander Martin
    4. Gwen Sletten/Elliot Verberg
    5. Sarah Feng/Anthony Ponomarenko

Very happy about the placements of the Wheaton kids (1, 2, 4) and am not at all surprised.

The novice dance competition at next year's Nationals will be very competitive and enjoyable. Don't miss it if you can help it.

Also in the Intermediate pattern dance final results:

1. Caroline Green/Gordon Green
    2. Emma Gunter/Caleb Wein
    3. Eleanor Babaev/Scott Wenner

The Green team, also from Wheaton, has been demolishing the field.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 08-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    I am at a loss to which country these teams skate for; Julien & Daze Can ?? Robitaille &Granger Can ?? Moschina & Domonkos Lukacs?? Di Iorio & Benoit Can ?? Just going by the French sounding names that sound like they are from Can, LOL please help thanks

vCash
    Diorio and benoit should be US..that's ice Dance judge Janice Benoit's son...last I heard they were still in Chicago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Penniless Rostrum View Post
    I am at a loss to which country these teams skate for
    Did you look at their official results? (link in post #30)

Lynn K. & Logan G-S are blogging in their usual, lively fashion from Lake Placid for IN: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Snippet:
    For those of you who haven't had the experience of staying at the OTC, we'd say it's kind of like Hogwarts for athletes, minus the magic.

vCash
    A&E is so technically sound, but...

vCash
    Thinking/hoping Lynn and Logan locked in Skate America with Lake Placid performances.

vCash
    I'm hoping-but realistically, they will probably prefer to give A&E their 2nd slot. Maybe one of the other TBA's will go to Lynn & Logan. :

vCash
    A couple of observations, Aldridge/Eaton looked very prepared. They're used to junior though and having to be ready for earlier events. They also have the momentum of being Junior Dance US Champions. I am wondering what kind of improvements they'll make to an already complete program. Some of the other returning senior teams definitely were not at peak performance yet. It might be a concern if GP's started this month, but there is still plenty of time.

I doubt USFS would give Aldridge/Eaton a 2nd GP before Hubbel/Donahue (who only have 1 themselves). Lynn and Logan are probably still front runners having no GP this season and they weren't terrible in Lake Placid, just on a different training calendar than Aldridgre/Eaton. Cannuscio/McManus, last years SA host pick did okay too. SD technical and PCS were comparable to the Russians. They reportedly had a lift issue in the FD which resulted in a penalty and no score for that element. Personally I thought Lynn and Logan and Cannuscio/McManus still have a lot of room for improvement as they continue to finish their programs for Salt Lake.

vCash
    Re A/E's Free -I just wonder about the wisdom of doing an Indian/Bollywood program before Davis and White retire. It looks like it needs a bit of work and polish still-and it begs comparison with D/W.

I absolutely loved their SD though.

I do hope A/E get a second GP.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    USFSA should spread the wealth and give Lynn and Logan a GP before giving A/E or H/D two. Keeping fingers crossed to see them at SA!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    USFSA should spread the wealth and give Lynn and Logan a GP before giving A/E or H/D two. Keeping fingers crossed to see them at SA!
    Agree. In the last few years, USFS never gave SA to the team that already got one GP. H/D did not compete at LP, no score to compare with others. Last year, C/B won LP, they did not get the SA as their 2nd GP. They gave it to C/M, and I recalled the same with the year before.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast