Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    ...instead it sounds like he is being used for the court battle.
    What court battle?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    What court battle?
    There has been a dispute over where Nelson Mandela's children are buried. His health was used to press the courts to make a decision (which I think has now happened).

From the article I posted:

A court document filed by a lawyer for Mandela's family nine days ago stated the 94-year-old was "assisted in breathing by a life support machine."
    "The Mandela family have been advised by the medical practitioners that his life support machine should be switched off," the court filing read.
    "Rather than prolonging his suffering, the Mandela family is exploring this option as a very real probability."
    The document - which was designed to press a court to urgently settle a family row over the remains of Mandela's children - also stated that Mandela was "in a permanent vegetative state."
    They used the document to get the court to make a decision (which it seems it did, from current reports the remains have been moved), and now that the decision is made, it seems they are no longer "exploring this option" of turning off his life support.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I knew about the dispute over the burial site of his children but I thought that was settled a couple of days ago. The doctors have changed their minds about terminating the life support or the family lied in their statement - sad.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    A few miles north of swede and beet country - mmm, yummy
    vCash
    Nelson Mandela turns 95 today. His daughter seems optimistic about his progress. I hope that if or when he does finally go home, for how long nobody knows, that his relatives will keep their squabbles far away from him. This extraordinary man now deserves peace to live out the rest of his life until it is brought to a natural conclusion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23349739

Nelson Mandela is set to spend his 95th birthday in hospital in Pretoria, as events take place around the world and in South Africa in his honour.

South Africans are being urged to match the former president and anti-apartheid leader's 67 years of public service with 67 minutes of charitable acts.

Mr Mandela, who is in critical but stable condition with a recurring lung infection, entered hospital on 8 June.

His daughter Zindzi said on Wednesday that he had made "dramatic progress".
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123