vCash

Cool "Hubbell's scope": Madison's 2013-14 Season Blog

"(06/07/2013) - Ice dancer Madison Hubbell, who claimed the 2012 U.S. bronze medal with partner Zach Donohue, relays her everyday exploits and adventures throughout the 2013-14 Olympic season."

I thought this deserved its own thread that can be bumped when her new blogs appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    Madison Hubbell started an Olympic season blog for ice network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Quote Originally Posted by isamelia View Post
    Great blog from Madi~ I hope she and Zach have their best season yet!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    New blog published today: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    ETA excerpt:
    Speaking of feedback, the beginning of the season can be kind of challenging. This season we got our programs ready quite early, which was great for us, since I had to take time off for my concussion. We also got feedback early, which was extremely helpful.

What some fans do not realize is that the programs we take to competitions in the season are not always the first ideas we create in the summer. This season, Zach and I fell in love with a piece of Charleston by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "Diga Diga Doo." We felt like Charleston was a great choice for us, since it can be very playful and entertaining. We created a program of Charleston, foxtrot and quickstep around this original piece of music. When we headed to Maryland for an early season monitoring session, the judges weren't quite on the same page as we were. What a bummer! I think it is every skater's nightmare to have the judges tell you to scrap your idea. Luckily, they all loved our original music selection, "Diga Diga Doo." So, after going back to the drawing board, and a lot of work, we have a new short dance.

I have to admit, they were right! I feel much stronger in my new program, and I can't wait to get more feedback at Champs Camp next week. Thank god we went to camp earlier than usual this season, because if I had to change my program in the month between Champs Camp and Nebelhorn, I would have been a bundle of nerves!

As for the summer, I haven't seen too much of it. The weather has been very off and on here in Michigan. One very cool thing I tried was paddleboard yoga. I have never been much into yoga, but since my brother, Keiffer, retired from skating, yoga is his life! He practices every day and has been certified to teach for almost six months. Since going to his class, I have found that I never disliked yoga; I just never found the perfect teacher. Keiffer is my perfect teacher, and the only person who can get me to relax in class.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-16-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Thanks for the link, Sylvia. Lurrrrve their passion and physicality on the ice, and I can't wait to see their new programs. Best of luck for a roaring season!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i look forward to seeing madison's costumes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i look forward to seeing madison's costumes
    Hee, me too. Especially 'cause Madison and Zach are co-designers this time around!

vCash
    So excited to see them this season! I'm hoping for an Olympics spot for them- of the upcoming US teams, I like them the best. Their energy and the way they improve so much all season is wonderful to watch.