Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner back in the '70s.
    Their story is so heartbreaking. Hope they have found fulfillment in other endeavors.

vCash
    Tai Babilonia has a new candy venture underway - @taiskates tweeted this photo today - "new "tai treats" website under construction" http://pic.twitter.com/enY3NBNDch

I was lucky to be able to have a fleeting fan encounter with Gordeeva and Grinkov before a Stars on Ice show in early 1995.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I can't honestly remember the first famous skater I was brave enough to actually talk to. But I can remember lots of "passing by famous skaters in the halls" type encounters. The most memorable one was at 88 Worlds in Oakland, where there was some food concession thing in a tent in the parking lot, and you had to walk down a set of inclined ramps under tents to get to it. Mr. Overedge and I were walking up a ramp and Christopher Dean was coming down the ramp, and he smiled at us as we passed. And as soon as he was out of earshot, I put my hands on my face and bent over and went OMGthatwasChristopherDean!!!@@~~!!!! I think Mr. Overedge was going to drag me to the medical tent because I couldn't talk coherently for about 10 minutes afterwards

ETA: I should mention that I haven't talked to a lot of famous skaters because I'm not interested in getting autographs, and I don't want to barge in on their down time at a competition.
    Last edited by overedge; 06-17-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456