Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, Visaliakid and others for all the informative links you've posted.

IMO, Ron Pfenning was ballsy and courageous in taking a risk and a leap of faith in leading a movement to help push the sport forward. With the subsequent failure of that initial doomed effort, Mr. Pfenning became one of the expendable and convenient scapegoats. Thus, now having been declared "ineligible" by the ISU, Mr. Pfenning has been marginalized and labeled an "outsider."

I for one, love how Mr. Pfenning is NOT failing to bravely continue trying to push forward the sport he loves with worthy ideas, positivity and optimism.

"Martyrs never regret what they have done, having done it."
    -- Alice Walker (The World Will Follow Joy)

As human beings, all of us can only push forward with the ...

"Hope that every failure is an arrow pointing toward enlightenment"
    -- Alice Walker

Ron Pfenning:
    ...I’ll always remember [my] first experience gliding on the perfect ice. I was not only hooked, but from that moment on, figure skating has been my life-long journey.

That journey has ranged from euphoric to depressing, filled with successes and failures, yet my passion for our sport has never been greater than it is today...

I feel I have an obligation to make things better. We all do. When the World Skating Federation failed, I failed. We all did. That failure ignited my desire to step into this election and do what I can to initiate change... But this isn’t about me. It’s about us. It’s about the sport I’ve loved since those bone-chilling mornings on an outdoor rink in Vermont. It’s about the sport we’ve dedicated not just our careers, but our lives to.

We can succeed -- and we will if we stand together.
    Thank you, Ron Pfenning!

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" -- F.D. Roosevelt
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-05-2014 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    I have my doubts the skaters felt insulted. What I am quite sure they reacted to was something that poisoned the voting well with many delegates before the GC even started. Read the following sent to me several weeks ago and decide for yourselves. This was not published prior to now. 'When threatened make sure to privately smear then publicly claim voters insulted'
    Glad this was published. Really highlights the efforts that some will go to see someone else fail. Sad.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456