Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Johnny and Tara will be doing Kentucky Derby fashion commentary for NBC

A sporting event watched by more women than men.

They're also no strangers to the horse racing world. Lipinski rode horses when she was younger and Weir was more active, competing in equestrian events before he focused on figure skating. Weir said he attended the 2010 Kentucky Derby as a fan, earning money by betting on the winning horse. He also wore a giant, fur-covered sombrero, he said, raising anticipation for his outfit next week.

"I'm not such a sports guy, aside from what people may think," he said. "I love figure skating, I love my job, but aside from that, I prefer to run in meadows and chase butterflies."

vCash
    Running in meadows and chasing butterflies sounds like an excellent way to unwind from the stresses of show business and the pressures of figure skating, albeit Johnny is no longer competing, he still does shows and commentating. The best commentators make it look easy, and Johnny is certainly one of the best figure skating commentators out there.

I'll be watching the horses and the fashion at the Kentucky Derby. I can't wait to see what Johnny will be wearing. I guess his life has been way too busy to ever take up horseback riding again, even for fun.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I'm happy for them

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's one way to get me to watch the Derby. Usually I just scroll through the photos of the hats.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I am glad for them.

vCash
    Thanks for the info!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's one way to get me to watch the Derby. Usually I just scroll through the photos of the hats.
    Exactly what is supposed to happen

vCash
    Precisely. I don't believe I've ever watched, but well, now I might just have to!

vCash
    Looking forward to it.

vCash
    Running in meadows and chasing butterflies.

Me second. Looking forward to it.

vCash
    Now I want to watch! This is what NBC is hoping-- to attract viewers who normally wouldn't watch. Happy for them. They're great on camera.

vCash
    Oh God I hate them and love them at the same time (I mean together). This will be fun. Hopefully since this is a great opportunity for them!

vCash
    I didn't realize they were experts in horse fashion. :

vCash
    For Tara it seems it is Figure Skating that has brought her back to the limelight, just as it did when she was 15. I remember there was a time after her OGM when she took up acting and tried to distance herself from the sport. It's been just a few seasons since she made amends with the Skating powers-that-be, came back to the sport with IceNetwork commentary, and parlayed it into the Sochi gig. The great work she and Johnny did has really paid off...an Oscar invite, now a high profile gig outside of the sport. She has given the sport so much of her life, and it return it is the one avenue that has given her what she really wanted, twice, in two different stages of her life.

vCash
    Running off to set up the Tivo...... This should be fun!
    Charlie has taught me so much about positivity and your outlook on life, and that it’s your choice in the way you see the world and the way you react to situations. ~Sharna Burgess

vCash
    I think Johnny and Tara really complement each other. Johnny brought humor, charisma, and a bit more articulateness to the commentary, plus I think he probably led the charge on dressing up so much/coordinating outfits with Tara during the Olympics (though Tara also likes fashion). Without Johnny, I don't think Tara's commentary would have gotten so much attention during the Olympics. On the other hand, Tara has the OGM and her name is better-known/more highly regarded in some circles. She gets TV gigs that he wouldn't, and vice-versa. And the two of them have a lot in common. They both have a figure skating background and know the skating world, and they both love fashion, high-end luxury, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    I think Johnny and Tara really complement each other. Johnny brought humor, charisma, and a bit more articulateness to the commentary, plus I think he probably led the charge on dressing up so much/coordinating outfits with Tara during the Olympics (though Tara also likes fashion). Without Johnny, I don't think Tara's commentary would have gotten so much attention during the Olympics. On the other hand, Tara has the OGM and her name is better-known/more highly regarded in some circles. She gets TV gigs that he wouldn't, and vice-versa. And the two of them have a lot in common. They both have a figure skating background and know the skating world, and they both love fashion, high-end luxury, etc.
    ITA. Tara is looking very lovely these days, much prettier in fact than she looked at age 15 when she won the Olympics. I bet Johnny has given Tara some tips on fashion, make-up and skincare. He's so knowledgeable and into matters of grooming, fashion, and looking good. They are good together in the booth (Tara is very confident and Johnny just has a magic knack for articulate and witty commentary) and they look good together too. Johnny appears to be a wonderful gurrlfriend as well as drop-dead gorgeous male arm candy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9k5QRgrc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-VaiVmARx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-AyyAVkTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKrUDJ_i-Y

vCash
    I'm very happy for them. I'll be watching the Derby just for Johnny and Tara!

vCash
    This will be good!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oh, gag. As if it's not bad enough they waste time on celebrity bubbleheads who can't tell one end of a horse from another on these broadcasts.... Maybe Johnny can sneak some nastiness in. The only good thing about all the hoopla is at least it attracts what they call in the business "stupid money." (The wagering pools are HUGE for the Derby, meaning the seriously players can make a lot of money because most of the people betting that day couldn't pick a winner at gunpoint. Ironically most non-fans do their only wagering of the year on a race that's seriously difficult for full-time horseplayers to handicap. Only race where I'm investing in pre-race handicapping materials I have to pay for.)

Johnny will probably have the best hat there...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast