Thread: Alberta skaters

vCash

Alberta skaters

I've not seen any mention on this board of the disastrous flooding that is affecting all of Alberta. If the Calgary Saddledome was flooded up to the tenth row of seating, then many skating arenas in the province would also be underwater and possibly destroyed. There are many skaters and their families in Alberta whose lives will be adversely affected. My thoughts are with them.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I've not seen any mention on this board of the disastrous flooding that is affecting all of Alberta.
    There's a thread discussing it in the Off the Beaten Track section of the forum.

If the Calgary Saddledome was flooded up to the tenth row of seating, then many skating arenas in the province would also be underwater and possibly destroyed. There are many skaters and their families in Alberta whose lives will be adversely affected. My thoughts are with them.
    AFAIK the other arenas in Calgary are not in any of the flooded areas. And High River is using its arena to house evacuees, so it must be safe as well. However, I think the arena in Medicine Hat was flooded.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Not summer :(
    vCash
    High River has been completed evacuated -- they're not using their arena; people were evacuated to Nanton, Blackie, and Okotoks. The flooding is affecting Calgary, areas to the west and south of Calgary. Places north of Calgary are fine.

All the City of Calgary recreation centres were closed to reduce the load on city services; I haven't read if anything has opened yesterday or today.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...