Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Finally got rid of that Danushka. Despite what she claims, she's not edgy or funny or droll, she's just annoying and Boring! And that wont fly on the network. Surprised that Stacy and Russell had so many problems, as I am thinking that they will both be in the final three. Still not really feeling which one of these people I would watch if they got a show.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    YES! Whiney, weaned-on-a-lemon Danushka is gone! Sheesh, was she annoying.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Finally got rid of that Danushka. Despite what she claims, she's not edgy or funny or droll, she's just annoying and Boring! And that wont fly on the network. Surprised that Stacy and Russell had so many problems, as I am thinking that they will both be in the final three. Still not really feeling which one of these people I would watch if they got a show.
    Me either. None of them have an idea that really hooks you. Some seasons the winner disappears as soon as the FN contract is over and I'm thinking that might be the case here.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Very true.

There are more opportunities/interest in cooking on other networks, also.
    The FN umbrella is no longer the only option .
    Ir simply gets your name and face out there.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I think it's going to come down to Stacy and the BBQ guy (they seem to love him). Viet should have tried to make it on to Top Chef. He seems too classy for Food Network.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I think it's going to come down to Stacy and the BBQ guy (they seem to love him). Viet should have tried to make it on to Top Chef. He seems too classy for Food Network.
    So true!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Viet should have tried to make it on to Top Chef. He seems too classy for Food Network.
    I also would prefer to see him on Top Chef.
    After his win over Bobby, TPTB may have suggested that he do this.

There is a fair amount of crossover between the networks,
    Several people have appeared on both Iron Chef America and Top Chef.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I was relieved to see her go.
    The only contestant that I actually like is Viet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I was relieved to see her go.
    The only contestant that I actually like is Viet.
    I like Viet, too. He's the only one who I can see watching. I think they see him as too mellow. But, he's the kind of personality I like, especially on a weekend morning. Kind of like Ina Garten. But, I think they had him on just to give him the "shock boot" since he's the guy who beat Bobby Flay. Stacy is the only other one I could imagine watching. The bbq guy isn't bad, but everyone else is pretty annoying.

What happened to last year's winner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    What happened to last year's winner?
    Sandwich Guy is everywhere!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Sandwich Guy is everywhere!
    I guess I'm getting my seasons confused. I was thinking of the rebel with a cause.

vCash
    Justin is writing a blog/comments about this season on the FN site.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The inevitable happened: Viet was booted. I know they want specific types of personalities, but I would have been addicted to watching him cook. I love his manner. Not that this is surprising: I was happy watching Shelby Lyman chart out the Fisher-Spassky match, and I knew/know nothing about chess.

Stacy hit it out of the park with the video: she was so great with her guest experts. While her meat was overcooked -- at least by the judges' standards; I prefer my meat not to be able to talk back to me -- they said her sauces could be sold commercially, and that's what people tune in for: most people are going to cook their own meat the way they like it anyway, but to learn a killer sauce from someone who lights up on camera is golden.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I knew Viet was toast. He was not good in front of the camera and his live event was a disaster. I'm sure the TPTB like Rodney and Chris' personality, but they've already got Guy Fiera for the OT loud personality. Stacy really is the best in front of the camera and she's my pick to win.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Justin is writing a blog/comments about this season on the FN site.
    I can't find it on the site, which is badly organized in general, or through Google Advanced Search, . Do you have a link to it or can you describe where to find it? (I'd appreciate it very much.)

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I knew Viet was toast. He was not good in front of the camera and his live event was a disaster.
    It was just a matter of time.

I would have failed the fire alarm test by insisting that everyone leave the studio.

I'm sure the TPTB like Rodney and Chris' personality, but they've already got Guy Fiera for the OT loud personality.
    I'd rather watch Chris than Guy Fieri, but he has the market locked up, as well as being the inspiration for a drinking game: a shot every time he says "mirepoix."

Stacy really is the best in front of the camera and she's my pick to win.
    It's too bad, because I would cook Nikki Dinki's food and I wouldn't cook Stacey's. I know that "Meat on the Side" is catchy, but it's a lost opportunity to tout meat flavor without much meat. For example, her chili recipe uses bacon fat, so that the meat flavor is there without chunks of meat.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The inevitable happened: Viet was booted. I know they want specific types of personalities, but I would have been addicted to watching him cook.
    "Top Chef's" producers should recruit him.
    His background, skillset, and personality are more suited to that model.

He does have a chance to re-enter FNS via the "second chance" competition.

Justin's blog is here, kwanfan:
    http://blog.foodnetwork.com/star-tal...-episode-five/
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 07-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    I can't imagine watching any of these people do a show. Then again, I said the same thing about Jeff, and I LOVE The Sandwich King. That man can actually cook--I've made a few of his side dishes and they were all I don't even like most sandwiches. I thought Aarti would be a hit for sure, was really glad when she won, but I can't stand her show. There's something very contrived about her whole, awww, I'm so lacking in confidence persona. At the start of this series, I hated Bobby Flay and loved Giada and Alton. Can't stand Giada and Alton, but I now have the utmost respect for Bobby. I like his consistency, and that he usually picks the chef over the personality. I'd be willing to bet even though Viet beat him in Iron Chef, Bobby was pissed to see Viet go.

What I am tired of is contrived stories. It's one of the reasons I CANNOT watch the Great Italian Bobblehead. The stories are just :eyerolling: I like it every once in a while, but some of them feel like they came out of a focus group of giant twits.

I don't think Rodney will win. I'm shocked he's still there. He can't cook and he can't annunciate.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Thanks for the link to Justin's blog.

Viet was my favorite. I suspected from the beginning that he was brought on so that they could have a "shock boot" with the best chef, like they did last season. They seem to want big personalities, so I'm not sure Viet ever had a chance anyway, which is unfortunate. I really like his personality.

Viet did give them a lot of rope to hang him this week, though. He bombed with the live Fourth show. I was cringing for him. But, I think with time, he would have become more comfortable, especially with taped shows, which is most of what they do anyway.

Stacy did a great job. I can't imagine anyone else winning at this point. Her one mistake was choosing pork loin to barbecue instead of some other meat (assuming she had a choice). It's so difficult not to make pork loin dry.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't get the criticism that Stacey seems scripted: I think she comes across as prepared and professional, and I don't see why that should be a problem for a TV show. I'm not particularly drawn to her story or her food, but I would watch a show with her, at least for a while, just to watch her. If I were a network show, I'd hire her to be a segment cooking expert host, where she could do some of her own recipes and interview and/or cook with other people. I thought she was a star during the segment where she included the experts at the BBQ.

I wouldn't watch Rodney under any other circumstances than this show. I find Russell personable and interesting in the backstage interviews, but he doesn't come across in any of the test apart from the quick "up next" promo. I wouldn't watch Demaris cook her own food, which I wouldn't eat, but she was great in the judging segment, speaking with a seriousness and authority that belies her usual persona, and if they ever came up with a show where instruction and mentoring were central, or at least a feature, she'd be great at it.

Nikki's is still the show I'd watch, because that's the way I tend to cook, but it would have been great if she'd had recognized that sliders are "meat on the side" instead of making that awful-sounding veggie burger, and while I appreciate that she's trying to get people to take veggies on their own terms, a bit of bacon grease/fat or schmaltz added to otherwise vegetarian dishes is another option. She seems to want to keep the meat separate.

vCash
    Hmm, my husband doesn't watch FN Star, but caught a bit of it with me this Sunday. And his first reaction to Stacey was "fake". And her red pants were most unfortunate! Then Chad showed up for judges table wearing them?
    Creating drama!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast